recent February half-term visitors, advice please

DLPdaft

<font color=royalblue>Cannot stop singing "Just li
Okay, so I'm very tempted to book again under the 2 nights free offer for Feb next year :).

pros -

its 4 nights/5 days onsite for a very low price (its the last time my DD will qualify as a free under-12)

it would be over a weekend but with most of 3 midweek days too, so we'd have a good mix of fairly early closures and later ones at the weekend

cons -

the freezing cold!

and - the freezing cold!

possibly a bit busy - its not Parisien school holidays but it is Zone B school holidays (it would be w/c 18th Feb).

Our very first trip to DLP in 2007 was in Feb half term - but it wasn't freezing freezing cold (it drizzled a bit and we wore fleeces but no winter coats), and honestly some of the last couple of years February trip reports have made me shiver while sitting on the sofa in my nice warm house :scared1:. The trend appears to me to have been getting colder and staying colder into February each year.

So guys, what do we think? Any previous February half termers (or anyone who has visited mid-February) can give me any good news about the freezing cold at DLP? Should we just man up and do it :rotfl:?

I have only been the beginning of Feb in 2008 and it was cold but not freezing.

I would say go for it :thumbsup2 especially as it will be the last year you will be able to take advantage of the under 12's free.

Wrap up warm (if need be) and have lots of hot chocolate breaks :goodvibes

We were there for the start of Feb this year-it was very very cold, but lots of hot chocolate breaks, and ski socks/boots, lots of layers and we had a fab time. Saying that I had the wrong moisturiser with me and my skin is in bits since then hahah-I am sitting here with credit card in hand contemplating booking for November to see all the Christmas decorations, think I'd rather the cold than the heat!!

We went the first weekend in Feb half term this year, and it was baltic! We probably won't go back in Feb (despite it being DD's birthday) because she just couldn't cope with the extreme cold.

However, if it were just us, or DD was alot older, we may, as we could just about cope with it!

Just to give you the good news Elaine:

I went during February half term a few years ago (2009) and it wasnt particularly cold at all.
I remember some days just going into the park with a big cardigan on rather than a coat.

The previous year we went to Paris (proper Paris not DLP) for a few days and were surprised by how warm it was. We wore short sleeved tops and no coats and sat by the river eating icecream

It is getting colder (or no if fact it's going back to what it used to be like 20 odd years ago) but the feel like -15° in the day time was exceptionnelle and I don't think or at least I hope that these extremes will remain extreme in the years to come.

I'd book as you are not newbies, you know the park inside out, and you aren't going to get depressed and worked up if you can't ride this or that.

I prefer to be cold rather than hot so I vote :thumbsup2

It is getting colder (or no if fact it's going back to what it used to be like 20 odd years ago) but the feel like -15° in the day time was exceptionnelle and I don't think or at least I hope that these extremes will remain extreme in the years to come.

I'd book as you are not newbies, you know the park inside out, and you aren't going to get depressed and worked up if you can't ride this or that.

I prefer to be cold rather than hot so I vote :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: you don't know me when I have to deal with POTC being down for our whole trip!

I say book it too. We are now regular Feb half termers - Feb 2013 will be our fourth and while it can get extremely cold, it is certainly manageable with proper clothing and regular warming up breaks (hot choc and Mickey brioche ;)) We are taking my parents for the first time in Feb and are warning them now about the cold but I actually enjoy wrapping up snug for the 7.30am walk to the parks along the frozen river and snuggling up in our cosy Cheyenne room in the nights... I want to be there now!!

I say book it too. We are now regular Feb half termers - Feb 2013 will be our fourth and while it can get extremely cold, it is certainly manageable with proper clothing and regular warming up breaks (hot choc and Mickey brioche ;)) We are taking my parents for the first time in Feb and are warning them now about the cold but I actually enjoy wrapping up snug for the 7.30am walk to the parks along the frozen river and snuggling up in our cosy Cheyenne room in the nights... I want to be there now!!

I have to say it wasn't manageable at all on Feb 11th/12th this year for our DD. She had thermal leggings, thermal socks, tights, boots, thermal top, l/s top, cardigan hoody, coat and snow suit and was still too cold to walk!

I love the cold, never wear a coat (see my tag :lmao:) but it was bordering on too cold for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter