• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Experience: Carrying on Liquor?

msnoble

Mouseketeer
We are leaving tomorrow for the Western Caribbean on the Magic which departs on Saturday :cool1:. I was planning to carry on a smallish plastic bottle of my buddy Captain Morgan ;)

Would anyone who has cruised recently (on the Magic in particular) let me know what your experience was in carrying on alcohol? I am now second guessing whether I should bring it, as I think I read on a previous thread that they are limiting it to only beer/wine? I don't want to lose it, and don't want to break any rules, but it seems like there have been mixed messages about what is ok. I can always pick some up in Key West if that seems like the better way to go...

Thanks for any guidance!

Does anyone have any feedback experience that has recently sailed on the Wonder too? We leave in a week and we were planning on bringing some beverages onboard with us too!!::confused3

Thanks!

We just got off the magic last week. We carried on 3 smallish (fifths) bottles of liquor as well as tons of single serving ones. We also carried on soda and tonic. My mom carried on a full size vodka and a bottle of wine. Glass. No problems! You do have to carry it on and have it in something.

We were on the Magic in January doing a 7 night Western. We carried ALL of our own alcohol onboard. But in our carry-on bags...

DSC_0003.jpg

We are leaving tomorrow for the Western Caribbean on the Magic which departs on Saturday :cool1:. I was planning to carry on a smallish plastic bottle of my buddy Captain Morgan ;)

Would anyone who has cruised recently (on the Magic in particular) let me know what your experience was in carrying on alcohol? I am now second guessing whether I should bring it, as I think I read on a previous thread that they are limiting it to only beer/wine? I don't want to lose it, and don't want to break any rules, but it seems like there have been mixed messages about what is ok. I can always pick some up in Key West if that seems like the better way to go...

Thanks for any guidance!

Early last year, for a brief period (less than 12 hours), DCL tried to implement a more restrictive policy about bringing beverages onboard. After a HUGE outcry, they recinded it.

You may bring onboard whatever (and however many) beverages you wish. This applies to alcohol, sodas, water. DCL asks that you bring those beverages onboard in a carry on bag, not checked.

:cutie:

Early last year, for a brief period (less than 12 hours), DCL tried to implement a more restrictive policy about bringing beverages onboard. After a HUGE outcry, they recinded it.

You may bring onboard whatever (and however many) beverages you wish. This applies to alcohol, sodas, water. DCL asks that you bring those beverages onboard in a carry on bag, not checked.

:cutie:
Thanks for posting this! I heard word of that restrictive policy, but never heard more about it. Very glad that I can bring on what I want. (Not to excess, just a few to relax on the balcony with). We'll still get maybe 1 or 2 drinks of the day if they tickle our fancy.

We were on the Magic in January doing a 7 night Western. We carried ALL of our own alcohol onboard. But in our carry-on bags...

DSC_0003.jpg

Oooo Malibu... I want to hang out with YOU!

We usually bring gin for my husband and then various mini flavored vodkas, 99's, etc that mix with Sprite. We fill the front of the mini bar (the little windows) with the minis. But Malibu sounds like a good idea for next time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter