Recent Emerald Aisle experiences

MouseLover

DIS Veteran
Just curious what you’ve seen on the EA lately. We have a midsize car reserved at MCO for June. We’ve had good luck in the past at both MCO and TPA with National EA.

I have one reserved for next week and a backup but more expensive at Alamo for a RAV4 if the selection is crappy...

I will report back but hope others chime in before my flight on Wednesday!!!

Just used EA at MCO yesterday. Controlled chaos is the gentlest way to describe it. But the lines for other rental cars appeared to be VERY long. Of course EA doesn’t really have a line but there were cars parking while customers were leaving in their rentals. As I said, controlled chaos.

A friend of ours in Orlando tried to rent a car yesterday on a whim but was told there are no rental cars available in the state of Florida!

Just used EA at MCO yesterday. Controlled chaos is the gentlest way to describe it. But the lines for other rental cars appeared to be VERY long. Of course EA doesn’t really have a line but there were cars parking while customers were leaving in their rentals. As I said, controlled chaos.

A friend of ours in Orlando tried to rent a car yesterday on a whim but was told there are no rental cars available in the state of Florida!

do you mind sharing what type of vehicles you saw?

Jist wanted to report out our experience...

we arrived Wednesday 4/14 at 10:30am for pick up. It is a pain to pick up luggage at terminal B and then head to rentals on terminal A.

The aisle was full of great selections - a few sedans, 3 mini-vans, a Rav 4 and a Jeep of some sort.

We took a Crysler Pacifica to keep the kids separated for our drive to Naples next week and to be able to open the doors remotely as we approach the hot car in the parking lot...

That’s good news and thanks for reminder. I guess those car door handles get hot in the Florida sun .

Jist wanted to report out our experience...

we arrived Wednesday 4/14 at 10:30am for pick up. It is a pain to pick up luggage at terminal B and then head to rentals on terminal A.

The aisle was full of great selections - a few sedans, 3 mini-vans, a Rav 4 and a Jeep of some sort.

We took a Crysler Pacifica to keep the kids separated for our drive to Naples next week and to be able to open the doors remotely as we approach the hot car in the parking lot...

Thanks! I have a RAV4 at home and would love to see one when we get there on Friday.

When are you going? I’m picking up June 17. I will post then. Hopefully somebody else has been recently and will post their information.

We have another rental on July 4th! Happy to report - but I am not optimistic that we will have good luck at 9pm on the 4th!

I'm picking up tomorrow, if I get a chance i'll post some info sometime this weekend.

So, we picked up around noon today and there was a wide assortment to choose from. I'm able to pick from the Exec aisle and it was loaded with everything from SUV's to sedans and a lot of fun cars. The SUV's were mostly Nissan Murano and GMC Terrain but I did see one Chevy Blazer and a VW Atlas. Sedans were all Toyota Camry (which we chose...wanted a 4-dr car. The more fun choices were Jeep Wranglers (hard tops) Chevy Camaro and Dodge Challenger. I did see one pick-up truck too but didn't notice what make. I did not take much of a look at the regular Emerald Aisle since I was choosing from the Exec section, but I did notice several Nissan Altimas. Definitely not a shortage of vehicles but maybe I just got lucky with the timing.

Picked up this morning around 8am on A side. There were lots of midsize sedans of various brands, a minivan, several small SUVs —Jeep, Santa Fe, Kicks, Escape, and a couple Rav4s.
On the Executive aisle, there were larger sedans, a pickup truck, a convertible Mustang, minivans, and SUVs.
I hope this is helpful!

If you have an American Express Platinum card you can sign up for National Executive Status for free which gets you the Executive Selection, which has always had a great range of choices on our most recent trips.

I get in at 6 AM on Friday September 17 wonder if they will have a good Selection to pick from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter