• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent cruisers... Castaway cay question .....

luvmyprincess

Mouseketeer
We leave Saturday on the Fantasy!! :yay::yay: Can't believe it's finally here!!

As much as I don't want to ask this question .... It's become a topic of conversation among the 6 families in our travel party. So, can any recent returning cruisers say if there has been any problems with sea lice on castaway cay. Don't know if the purchasing of Safe Sea ahead of time is a necessary evil?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I am all about better safe then sorry. I have read that the "season" for sea lice is March-August. We have never been to CC in those months so I have never purchased it. But if we were I would put it on just to be safe.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME

We were there at the end of March. There were a few of us in our party of 11 that were stung and had small rashes. Nothing problematic but I would put it on to be safe.

OMG I have never heard of Sea Lice that just gave me the willies :crazy:
Thank God we are going in December!!!

Gah, this is crazy! This is the first time I've ever heard of sea lice. I've been in the Caribbean ocean in June before. No one mentioned sea lice. Gosh, yet ANOTHER thing to be concerned about for my upcoming cruise! I have a DS now, so I definitely want to protect him. This will be his first beach experience and because he'll be 1 and unable to enjoy the pool onboard, I was really looking forward to spending time in the ocean with him on CC. Is Sea Safe safe for babies?

OP, thanks for raising the question. I had no idea this even existed.

Just in case the people getting the willies about this aren't actually looking it up, it's not lice. Larval jellyfish is what it is, which is a million times less ooky, at least once you've decided to swim in the ocean (whale pee!), than the idea of lice.

Seasafe coats the skin so if you happen to swim in an area of the wee jellyfish you won't get the teensy stings. You have to put it ALL over yourself, under the bathing suit too, for it to help.

I personally wouldn't bother.

We were on the Dream last week. I had brought Sea Safe with us (ordered direct from the company - was cheaper than Amazon surprisingly), but we didn't use it. No problems at all!

Jodie

We were in CC last week of March. No problems at all, we went into the water in all the sections of the family beach and in serenity bay- if that makes a difference.

Just returned from CC on the Dream also....we snorkeled for hours and no rashes and bites...also didn't use sea safe...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter