Recent Crowds

We were there 5/28-6/4. The first 4-5 days, I couldnt believe how low the crowds seemed. We usually go in July/August, so it seemed very slow to us. Wait times were anywhere from 10-40 minutes, and that was for any ride.

At one point we were walking thru Epcot to get to the International Gateway to go to Beaches and Cream and there wasnt 10 people around. I had to take pics just to convince myself.

On 5/30 (Fri) my oldest DD and I went to evening EMH. I didnt plan to stay until 2AM, but things were walk on and we had lots of fun. Starting at 11PM, this is what we did:

Watched Spectomagic
Went on Haunted Mansion
Stitch
Buzz Lightyear
Big Thunder Mountain
Carousel 2x
Peter Pan Mickeys Philharmagic
Snow White
had Photopass pics taken at 3 different spots

When we went back on Sun for EMH with the other daughter, crowds were MUCH HIGHER and wait times were up.

We were there last week and the crowds were not bad at all. The only attractions we really saw long waits for consistantly was the new Toy Story Mania, K. Safari and Soarin'. W/ strategic planning (get their at opening, utilize FP and EMH) we were able to do everything we wanted w/out being rushed. At times the parks seemed crowded, but there were really no long waits.:confused3

Going 6/16-6/23 hope the low crowds continue!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the info.

We are headed out in 11.5 hours and I can report back on Wednesday 6/11. It will get busier as the month goes on, since more schools will be getting out.

Suzanne

This was our second trip to Disney World and the second time that standing in line was a rarity. I think the longest we waited was 10 minutes...and that was in the FP lines for Soarin' and Toy Story Mania. You could have ridden Buzz nonstop using Fast Passes... Most of the movies were about 1/3 full.

It was a very nice change from 3 years ago the same week at Disneyland. I was fully prepared for that kind of chaos...and it just didn't happen.

There were even restaurants available in the WS as late as 5 pm one afternoon when I went to go get our boarding passes for the next day.

All-in-all, it was much less hectic than I'd expected. The night we had EMH at MK was amazing...no waits for anything.

AND, my family missed our Magical Express bus by 3 minutes because it took an hour from the time we got to the HS bus stop until the bus let us off at POFQ. ME basically told us tough luck. And we had to take a cab. Now, we will obviously plan more of a "buffer" into our next trip to arrive before ME pick-up time. But ME could have handled things a little more professionally on the phone.)

I had posted a warning about ME elsewhere...we almost missed our bus to the airport for two reasons: 1. It wasn't a ME bus, it was a Disney Cruise bus. 2. They didn't pull into the ME bay in front of the resort, they parked at the curb instead.

Like you, I felt a huge difference in the service leaving compared to the service arriving. The bus driver even kind of scolded me. He had asked another family sitting outside the resort if they were waiting for the 1:45 ME...they said no, but I told him we were. He got snippy about it, as if it was my fault that the bus was mismarked and in the wrong place!

We were there from 5/19-25th and though the crowds were very manageable.;) We always prefer to do EMH because we seem to be able to accomplish more than in the evening.::yes:: We did encounter a few school class trips that were annoying:bitelip: The one day we did soaring 6 times in a row, space mountain 3x in a row, how often does that happen. Some rides in the afternoon had longer wait times. SO then we would fass pass. ADR were easily to come by as well. We are heading back down to the world 7/1-7/8 with a stop over in Daytona for the NAscar race.:cool1: We also stayed BWI CL and found the lounge very empty which seemed strange.

We were there 5/28 - 6/4 and thought that the crowds were light. Things did pick up over the weekend. On 5/30 and 6/1, for example, my dd and I were able to walk in to PHD 5 minutes before showtime at the 2nd showing. We had super seats at BaTB and walked up at the last minute. Epcot was pretty crowded but we were able to do most things that we had planned. Soarin and TSM gave our of FPs and wait times were 80mins+ but those were the extremes. On our last night at MK, were were able to walk on many attractions with little or no wait.

We have been the 2nd week in June before and crowds were MUCH heavier.

Just came back Friday. We were there 5/30 - 6/6. The parks were really not crowded. I was pleasantly surprised because this time last year there were a lot more people. We were at CSR and POR. There were a lot of empty rooms. We got FP's a few times, but really did not need them. Just to give you an idea of what the attraction wait times were like:

AK - We went Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. In the mornings until about 10:30 or 11:00, we only had wait times of five (5) minutes at EE, and KRR. We kept getting off and riding them over and over. I only did KRR twice because I was soaked by then. KJS was no more than a 30-minute wait.

DHS - We were there Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday. Toy Story was the only attraction with long wait times (80 minutes). It was to be expected since it had just officially opened. However, we got FP's once, and came back later. The single rider line was great. I think the most we waited in that line was 12 minutes. DS rode RR and TT about eight (8) times each. We got FP's the first time, but didn't really need them. The wait times for them was only 10 minutes each, sometimes less.

MK - We were there every day except Thursday. We rode BTM, Splash and Space Mountain, POTC, JC, okay everything. Only one day was Space Mountain more than 30 minutes. We rode everything several times, and had minimal wait times. Most of the time no more than 20 minutes. One day, I believe Sunday, we walked right on with no more than five (5) minutes.

EP - Again, minimal wait times 20 minutes or less. We even stood in the standby (20-minutes) line for Soarin.

Needless to say, it was a great trip. Can't wait to go again in July. Already in excited mode.:banana: :cloud9: :dance3:

Well, I have been on the phone for the last day trying to get another room for our trip next week. Nothing, and I mean nothing is available as far as values are concerned. The only moderate available is Carribean Beach. We also had to work on our ADRs. Nothing is available here either. The only thing they had character wise was at the Dolphin hotel. We are already set as far as my family goes, but our friends decided they might attend as well. It looks like it is pretty full for this coming week. We even checked expedia, AAA, and travelocity. Nothing!!!

We will be leaving this Monday and staying 8 nights:cool1: We have always went over Easter break in the past so this coming week should be a piece of cake with the crowds right??:confused3

Epcot, 5/27: Slow in the am, with all rides stand by 60 minutes or less (except Soarin') which actually dropped to 40 minutes at lunch time!). Afternoon saw longer waits (typically 80 minutes) with the FP lines filling up (but moving along nicely). There were plenty of seats at the Cantina, and the frozen Grand Marnier was delicious!

Thanks for the detailed reports! We leave in a few days and hopefully someone who JUST got back can give us an update on the crowds.....

We were there on Friday 6/6 -- epcot and magic kingdom. both were very low crowds. we only did future world but walked right onto nemo, figment and the land boat ride. spaceship earth was maybe 15 minutes and soarin was 45.

we only went to the mk to see the parade and have ice cream so we never got past main street but it was D.E.A.D. dead. we could have sat anywhere around the own square to see the parade. we actually sat on the rocking chairs on the porch. i was very surprised how slow it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter