• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Castaway Cay visitors: direction of ship?

princessmommyx3

DIS Veteran
To those who have been to CC recently on the Magic or Wonder, which side of the ship faced the CC beach? I know that sometimes it will back in and sometimes it will not, but I was just wondering if there has been a recent trend. I am trying to decide which side to book for our next cruise.

It Almost ALWAYS backs in to port. There is a few occasions that they will pull in if maintence etc is required.

We have taken 4 cruises that went to Castaway and they have always backed into Castaway and Nassau.

Since the ship was stuck there overnight the practice seems to be backing in so they don't have that problem again.

Wow! I had never heard the story of the ship getting stuck! I have never been to CC but I looked at lots of pictures online and saw some with the ship backed in and some not (must have been taken before the stuck ship). Thanks for filling me in guys!

I have been on double dip cruises and one day we pull in and one day we back in so our pictures from there are one of each view :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter