Recent All Star Movie Stays, How was it???

carrielovesdisney

Mouseketeer
We have AOA booked for October, but I would like to save money and catch a deal by booking the All Star Movies instead. What do you think?

My sister was here this past weekend and stayed two nights at Allstar movies and loved it..in fact, she is coming back in May and is staying there again.

we stayed there this past september and really liked it, the bus wait times where kinda long but we enjoyed everything else

I stayed there twice before(first time in the 101 Dalmatians, second in the Mighty Ducks are) my third time which was in the Toy Story section. Now bear in mind that I had stayed 2 weeks in AoA before changing resorts. I found All Star Movies to look...old.

I stayed at Movies a while back. The rooms were pretty clean and the resort is nice but it was packed with brazilian groups who were noisy and took up the entire pool and buses.

It kinda ruined it. Ive stayed at POR since and I much prefer it.
Chelsea

I have always been a supporter of Movies. We are here now. I have CHANGED my mind!!! Paid for a preferred room and although it is in a toy story building it is in very back on 1st floor. Tons and I mean tons high school kids. Just trying to get to front of resort you have to go by many doors all propped open and full. I just don't feel good about it. The whole Andy's room that is not under construction is even full of the high school kids. Never again. All cs in lobby and check in and housekeeping have all been very nice. I believe it is time for me to step it on the next trip. Jmho

Does All Star Movies have a CM by the pool during the day with music and games like the other resorts I have stayed at recently??? :confused3

HotMama said:
Does All Star Movies have a CM by the pool during the day with music and games like the other resorts I have stayed at recently??? :confused3

Yup.

Just got back from Movies. Stayed from 8/25 - 8/31. We stayed at AOA last Aug and Movies was definitely not as shiny and new as AOA but still clean.

We had 3 rooms in Fantasia 5. All 3 rooms had working refrigerators which we didn't expect with the recalls. :banana:

Organized games for the kids at the pool everyday just like AOA and a movie at night.

We liked the Movie food court better as they had basic hamburgers, chicken nuggets, etc. but also had salads, baked chicken, and turkey dinners.

If you are planning on spending a lot of time at the resort I would stay with AOA. If you are all day park people Movies would be a good choice.

Just came back this past weekend from Movies, and was not impressed at all! In fact, I logged in to find the official thread to post about our experience! I have stayed at All Star Resorts before and was satisfied, but I would defiantly say these resorts are going downhill. I would pay extra to stay at a nicer resort after the experience I just had!

We stayed at Movies in August, in the dalmatian section. It wasn't too crowded although the parks were jammed. I have stayed at Pop and the other two all stars and definitely prefer Movies. My kids ages DD14 and DS15 loved the mighty ducks pool, even in mid August there were only about a dozen people in it. We walked through AOA when it was opening last summer and ate there, kids preferred Movie food court choices. I found we had pretty good bus service and very nice cast members. I thought Movies had a great Disney Vibe too. The pool at AOA and the themeing look awesome though. :goodvibes

7 days at Movies with 17 other folks on a grand gathering in August and we Loved it. The pool never seemed crowded and the food court was manageable. A friend and I stayed 14 days at Mermaid room at AOA and the Nemo pool was a nightmare of noise and you would have needed a shoehorn to get into the pool and this was in October for F&WF. Memaid pool was always quiet and manageable. Loved the food choices at AOA but the Mermaid rooms are a looooooong way from the food and buses.

I was there 3 weeks ago and thought it was great! I usually stay at ASMu but decided to go with Movies this time! Mousekeeping was great, buses were prompt, everything was fine. Enjoyed the "quiet" pool every day during the heat and very few people were there.

The only minor negative was that in the evenings the food court was not adequately staffed for the volume of people. Not horrible, but could have been improved.

In fact, I booked movies again for F&W in November!

We are staying at All-Star Movies right now. I requested a first floor room in the Mighty Duck section and we got it. Both my room and my friend's connecting room have working fridges.

We've stayed previously at AoA LM room and Cars Suite. Loved the resort, HATED the walk from LM to the main building/buses.

We've also stayed at Pop Century in the 50's section.

I noticed that the All-Star resorts are definitely showing their age more than AoA (obviously) and Pop Century.

I was also surprised at how much smaller each of the All-Star resorts are compared to AoA and Pop. This is not a bad thing though, IMO.

At the end of the day, I was looking for a room that would be convenient and that is exactly what we have. Our rooms are literally just outside the Mighty Duck pool area and it is a mere two minute walk to the main building and buses (we walk to All-Star Music). It's like having a room in the preferred section without paying for it. Even if we did have to walk to the main building and buses at All-Star Movies, it would still be much shorter than the walk I had to my rooms at AoA and Pop.

Convenience being my main criteria, I personally would choose this resort in this section again over any of the other values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter