recent Alaska/Wonder cruisers - characters?

thinkoflaura

Mouseketeer
Hi there!
Wondering what character opportunities there were on the Alaska cruise so far this year? We've been spoiled on 10 and 12 night DCL cruises where we had a huge variety of characters, even some obscure ones like Goofy's son Max! Love him! But when I looked at the posted navigators from the first Alaska sailing this year, it seemed like the there was not a lot of variety -- I don't even think I saw Goofy or Stitch on the list and the only princesses listed were Belle and Ariel.

And no captain america? bummer! he was CUTE!

Might it rotate, or do you think the ones from the posted Alaska navigator for this year will be what we get too?

Also - were there any character encounters where you had to sign up when you boarded the ship? Last summer in Norway we had to line up at the Port Adventures desk to sign up for Frozen and Marvel characters encounters.

Also - is there a character breakfast on the 7 night cruises anymore? There wasn't one in Norway last summer.

Upon boarding, you need to sign up for a character breakfast, Frozen meet and greet (Anna, Elsa, Olaf), and Princess Gathering. I looked at the Navigator's for the first cruise and Goofy is definitely listed. I don't believe the Wonder has Marvel characters on it--they do have Pixar characters though. The Wonder will have some Marvel characters after dry dock this fall. (and likely no Pixar ones...) You can also see other characters at the various deck and atrium parties--but not necessarily meet with them. I saw a picture that had Joy from Inside out at the Pixar Party. I also see Cinderella and Tiana in the 'til we meet again' party.

Day 1: Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto
day 2: Jake, Sophia, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Mickey
day 3: Tinker Bell, Donald, Daisy, Chip and Dale, Mickey, Minnie
day 4: Mickey, Belle, Minnie, Goofy, Ariel
day 5: Mickey, Daisy, Woody, Mrs. Incredible, Remy and Emile, Sulley, Jessie
day 6: Tinker Bell, Chip and Dale, Jack Sparrow, Sulley, Russell and Dug, Remy, Mrs. Incredible, Woody, Emile, Jessie
day 7: ?--that page isn't online

We had lots of characters, not Marvel, but pixar as Geomom said. I think where I was disappointed though, was that it wasn't very often they were in the Alaskan outfits. They were in those outfits Tracy Arm and the first 2 port days but the two sea days they weren't and in the last port it was all Pixar meet and greets so if you didn't get the characters the first few days in Alaskan gear then you missed them in it. We were able to get everyone except goofy because his Alaskan outfit was "at the dry cleaners". We did have a character breakfast you had to get tickets for but there were only 4 characters and it goes fast. You only get those on 7 night cruises on a classic ship with 3 or more sea days. :) Tracy arm is considered a sea day.

We just went on May 23rd this year.

We had lots of characters, not Marvel, but pixar as Geomom said. I think where I was disappointed though, was that it wasn't very often they were in the Alaskan outfits. They were in those outfits Tracy Arm and the first 2 port days but the two sea days they weren't and in the last port it was all Pixar meet and greets so if you didn't get the characters the first few days in Alaskan gear then you missed them in it. We were able to get everyone except goofy because his Alaskan outfit was "at the dry cleaners". We did have a character breakfast you had to get tickets for but there were only 4 characters and it goes fast. You only get those on 7 night cruises on a classic ship with 3 or more sea days. :) Tracy arm is considered a sea day.

We just went on May 23rd this year.
Thanks! Good to know about the Alaskan outfits--we'll be sure to look for them on Tracy Arm day, and maybe catch some on Skagway or Juneau days...but I know we'll be off the ship by 8 or 9AM those days. It is too bad they're not dressed like that on sea days!

The characters will do meet and greets in the atrium and lobby in their Alaskan gear before and after dinner on specific nights as well.

Upon boarding, you need to sign up for a character breakfast, Frozen meet and greet (Anna, Elsa, Olaf), and Princess Gathering.

You can get tickets for a 4th event as well...Pixar. Characters rotate out similar to how they did the SWDAS ticketed events but they are pretty generous about letting you take another picture even if you don't have a reserved time. Pixar pictures were Ketchikan port day I think. Frozen was the last sea day and Princess Gathering was a couple different times/days. We had Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Tiana. We didn't make our Pixar reservation so can't confirm what characters you took pictures with that day.

You can get tickets for a 4th event as well...Pixar. Characters rotate out similar to how they did the SWDAS ticketed events but they are pretty generous about letting you take another picture even if you don't have a reserved time. Pixar pictures were Ketchikan port day I think. Frozen was the last sea day and Princess Gathering was a couple different times/days. We had Ariel, Belle, Cinderella and Tiana. We didn't make our Pixar reservation so can't confirm what characters you took pictures with that day.
Oh cool! I didn't see Pixar listed on the first Alaskan cruise this year.

Oh cool! I didn't see Pixar listed on the first Alaskan cruise this year.
It was weird...Pixar was not listed in the Navigator and even when it was my turn I asked if there were 3 or 4 events I could get tickets for and she confirmed 3 (Breakfast, Princess and Frozen). But there was a line on the ticket for Pixar so I asked again and she told me the available times. Like they were hiding it in plain sight? Or phasing it out?
Oh, and go there first (Wavebands). I boarded in first group and went and ate first and when I got in line it took forever! Like an hour and a half. Granted we were the first Alaskan cruise of the year so maybe things were still being organized but the line was abnormally slow. I had lots of fun talking to and meeting people on line with me but still wished I had done that first thing.

It was weird...Pixar was not listed in the Navigator and even when it was my turn I asked if there were 3 or 4 events I could get tickets for and she confirmed 3 (Breakfast, Princess and Frozen). But there was a line on the ticket for Pixar so I asked again and she told me the available times. Like they were hiding it in plain sight? Or phasing it out?
Oh, and go there first (Wavebands). I boarded in first group and went and ate first and when I got in line it took forever! Like an hour and a half. Granted we were the first Alaskan cruise of the year so maybe things were still being organized but the line was abnormally slow. I had lots of fun talking to and meeting people on line with me but still wished I had done that first thing.

dumb question -- what's WAVEBANDS?
(on the magic we lined up to get tickets for these events at the Port Adventures Desk). Is WAVEBANDS a place on the Wonder where you get the tickets?

dumb question -- what's WAVEBANDS?
(on the magic we lined up to get tickets for these events at the Port Adventures Desk). Is WAVEBANDS a place on the Wonder where you get the tickets?

It's like a nightclub/entertainment venue. It's a smallish space that has seating and a small stage: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/wavebands-entertainment-club/

During the day and early evening, they have various events there. At night it's adult-only.

We just got back from the May 29 cruise. When we signed up for the meet & greet tickets, Pixar Pals was listed on the ticket (it was one ticket with 4 events listed and they wrote in your date/time), but they told us they weren't giving out tickets for that event. We ended up just walking by that night, but saw Sully and Boo and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible.

Interesting! I hadn't heard about tickets to a Pixar M&G. I booked the other 3 online yesterday when the new booking feature came online, but there wasn't anything for the Pixar characters. I wonder if they've just stopped ticketing this or if I'll STILL have to go in person. :confused3

Interesting! I hadn't heard about tickets to a Pixar M&G. I booked the other 3 online yesterday when the new booking feature came online, but there wasn't anything for the Pixar characters. I wonder if they've just stopped ticketing this or if I'll STILL have to go in person. :confused3

They may not be doing it anymore at all...at least not as a ticketed experience anymore. Here is my ticket with all the dates/times. I kept forgetting lolcharacter experiences.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter