Received MyMagic+ Flash drive in the mail.

Just received mine today too. The "customized" planning book has suggestions "just for us". Most seem reasonable for a party of two adults. But I feel bad for others who might believe that American Idol Experience is perfect for them and they need a FP+ for it.

I do like the "Important Dates" magnet though. Haven't dared to plug in the flash drive. Disney might take over my computer.;)

The boxes with the flash drive, book, etc. are sent to guests who have reservations for January 5th or later. Because you are arriving before the 5th, it is still considered the "testing" period.

They aren't sent to ALL guests, however. I've got a vacation package (room + tickets) booked for January 19-24 and I did not receive the flash drive package.

We have a room only trip booked for Feb 5-9 and received our 'flash drive' package yesterday! Best part is that both DH and I knew exactly what it was before we even opened it :)

Since there is no consistency in what people are getting, I think it's very likely Disney is testing the best approach to get people to follow through and customize magic bands and make FP+ reservations. They are probably also testing the best lead time to use sending those out.

Since there is no consistency in what people are getting, I think it's very likely Disney is testing the best approach to get people to follow through and customize magic bands and make FP+ reservations. They are probably also testing the best lead time to use sending those out.

Ahhh--- good insight. smarticle.

We all got them for our August trip. Three families. We are DVC and our friends rented from DVC.

no flash drive here.....trips January, June, Sept...............Jan and Sept, are split.
DVC
Got first set of Magic Bands on Thursday

Got all three of ours for our July trip.

Our trip is Jan 14-19 and we got the flash drives yesterday. Booked room only on 12/7, but changed resorts on 12/12 when a room became available at our first choice. Got a drive for each of the bookings, even though one has been cancelled for a while.

Bands, FP+, and a few ADRs done before we got them.

We got ours last week for a late August trip. We had the flash drive, though it was only 2 GB, and there are no videos on the flash drive, it only has links to the online video.

The launcher on the drive didn't work, so I had to open it and go exploring the file system to find my way to the videos.

Bummed I did not get the flash drive for my room +tickets starting late May - just got a booklet. Hoping I get the flash drive for the last part if my trip that is room only in June but not holding my breath.

We got ours Christmas eve for our May trip. 2 of them actually due to 2 reserved room packages lol. Now to delete the stuff on them and make them into flash drives for us :)

We got one earlier in the week for an October 2014 trip that we've now decided to move to December 2014.

I just got one for our 10/14 trip. I was surprised to get it so far in advance. Cute little flash drive! I will definitely repurpose it for my own files. I liked the magnet with all the important booking dates.

I think PP may be right about determining which marketing option works best in getting guests properly trained to use MM+. It may depend on when you were last at WDW. My book actually does have a sentence that says "Since you've stayed with us before..." and notes that I have linked my stay and tickets to the website. It also notes that I have not yet downloaded the App. Perhaps some particular combination of what you have done already in preparation for your stay, or the timing of your last visit (during testing?) makes a difference in whether or not you get a flash drive.

Quick question. Does anyone know if the flash drive can be shipped to Canada. I know the MBs can't as we had to pick them up at our resort last month however we booked our Sept 2014 trip at the beginning of the week and would like to receive the flash drive.

We received ours and while I was excited and would love to book our fast passes ahead of time I am hesitant - we are flying into WDW on December 26th a.m. and leaving for the Fantasy on 27th. What if we book the park ticket for the day and we don't even get into the park because of capacity?

So far we've gotten our reservation packet which includes various coupons and today got out magic bands. Still waiting for magic express luggage tags and the USB drive. Is everything shipped individually? Our trip is in 3 weeks although I only booked it a couple weeks ago.

Bummed I did not get the flash drive for my room +tickets starting late May - just got a booklet. Hoping I get the flash drive for the last part if my trip that is room only in June but not holding my breath.

Opened the mailbox today and there was only a booklet. :sad1:
Our trip is May 22-31 and I was so hoping for the cute Mickey flash drive. Very disappointed...

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter