• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Received my PIN today!!!

Originally posted by roadtripper
Got our IDs but no PINs. Hoping it will come on Monday for Tuesday login. We are fairly new members-- Feb 2002-- maybe that's why?
We too are newbies (only since April) and have not received our ID number or PIN either. My DH called Reservations this morning regarding another matter. He did ask about this, though, and was told that they will have extra people on staff to assist those of us who haven't received this info via snail mail. We're anxious!!

RuthnPaul

My wife and I received our two IDs last week (Phila, PA), and we just received our PINS on Sat. Did I mention we are proud owners at SSR -- became new DVC owners in October! Can't wait to sign on !

received mine today. Members since Dec. 2002.

My gut feeling says that the site will NOT be working tomorrow due to all the traffic, etc.

So are we all going to login tomorrow? I hope the DVC servers can handle it. Cross your fingers... dvcmember.com is going to have a very big days !!!

We just got our pin...and WE LIVE AN HOUR AWAY FROM WDW!!!

LOL...I guess they wanted to make sure all you out of towners got yours first.

Unless the ability to make online reservations is there, it will be a tremendous disappointment.

I suppose, we will see the long-awaited messageboard which they promised 3 years ago (which at the time they kept saying was coming within 6 months). But, since wdwinfo.com is here, is there a real necessity for a messageboard there?

So, what exactly is it that you need a personal login for? Some silly online games where they can keep track of high scores based on your login? Or so they can provide some wizbang (sarcasm intended) form where you can send some email to member services and because you logged in with your personal id, it will automatically include your name on it?

This enhanced website is long overdue and one can only hope that they've finally done something to take advantage of what the internet and a few computers can do. I will say it again - if I can reserve/pay for a $5000 cruise or make reservations at any Disney resort through the Disney website, there is absolutely no reason at all that they shouldn't have the ability to make your DVC reservations online. Maybe check the status of your waitlist? Maybe automatically email you if your waitlist has come through? Maybe do all the things that people can do themselves so the member services lines don't have 20 or 30 minute wait times?

I've grown to learn that if you expect nothing, then you can be happily surprised if they deliver something. As of right now, my bet goes on nothing! Let's hope I'm happily surprised tomorrow.

Seems to me that if on-line booking were going to be made available via the Web site, members may have received information along with their User ID or PIN letters on how to use the reservation system.

In addition, a change like this would require that an awful lot of member information, brochures, etc. would have to be reprinted. We just received our new members brochure which now includes SSR -- but there's no mention of on-line booking ...

But we could be wrong (and hope we are)!!

RuthnPaul

:D

Seems to me that if on-line booking were going to be made available via the Web site, members may have received information along with their User ID or PIN letters on how to use the reservation system

do you need printed instructions for making a reservation on any other Disney website? are there not online instructions? aren't most online reservation sites fairly self-explanatory? what exactly needs explanation? you choose where you want to stay, what type of room, and the dates. the system shows you how many points it will cost, and how many you have available - real difficult stuff here - huh?

In addition, a change like this would require that an awful lot of member information, brochures, etc. would have to be reprinted. We just received our new members brochure which now includes SSR -- but there's no mention of on-line booking ...

why do you think brochures all need to be reprinted? everytime DVC changes something do they reprint everything? does any of the literature make mention of online anything? that you can send email to member services to make a reservation?

the fact is, that whether it is sooner or later, DVC needs to get its act together and make online reservations a reality. for all the programming geniuses at Disney that put the much bigger websites together, a DVC reservation system should be a cakewalk. then again, I hear that Disney is also moving to outsource lots of jobs to India so it may be asking too much. just wait - soon, you'll call member services, and your call will be routed to Bangalore - where Pratikshah (aka Jody Smith) will be taking your call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter