Received my new Magic Band 2.0 .... :(

cindyfan

DIS Veteran
Anyone else SO DISAPPOINTED in the new version??
I held back my opinion until I actually rec'd mine and it came last week.
Really, really, really don't like it..... it's SO BIG!!! way bigger on my wrist than the old version. NOT at all comfortable.
I will be using my old ones!!!
The only saving grace is that I plan to remove the "puck" and get one of the key chains or something. But I haven't seen any on the Shop Disney app. So I guess it will be the first purchase I make when I arrive next month.

I am a fan, mostly because of how thin and light they feel. I was worried they would be too big on my daughters' (8 & 4) wrists, but they too like them. We do also have an older set with decorations and bows for the girls, and they've decided they want to pack both.

Oh, I love the new one, it wore and fit more like a watch. It is way easier to use to scan since it's not moving around my wrist due to the "puck" in the middle. But then I wasn't bothered by the olds ones (other than them moving) like many were.

I think no matter what they design, they are going to be good for some and not others. The plus to this is the option to wear it in a different manner.

I liked mine. It is bigger, but I thought it was comfortable and it worked great.

I don't like them either. I was excited when my AP band came after we returned from our December trip, but disappointed after trying it on because it was almost the same size as my apple watch. I sort of like the idea of being able to swap the puck into a lanyard or keychain, but as a band...bleh. I tried to look on the bright side...more space to paint when I decorate them :-):-)

Mine is on the way but like HopperFan, the old one's didn't bother me so I don't anticipate the new ones doing so. My son is looking forward to using a fob instead of having it around his wrist. Hopefully, those will be in stores when we get there next month.

Mine is on the way but like HopperFan, the old one's didn't bother me so I don't anticipate the new ones doing so. My son is looking forward to using a fob instead of having it around his wrist. Hopefully, those will be in stores when we get there next month.
The MagicKeepers are now available at WDW.

Anyone else SO DISAPPOINTED in the new version??
I held back my opinion until I actually rec'd mine and it came last week.
Really, really, really don't like it..... it's SO BIG!!! way bigger on my wrist than the old version. NOT at all comfortable.
I will be using my old ones!!!
The only saving grace is that I plan to remove the "puck" and get one of the key chains or something. But I haven't seen any on the Shop Disney app. So I guess it will be the first purchase I make when I arrive next month.

Ours just got here, and I have to say that I am a HUGE fan. I really appreciate the new packaging that they come in when Disney sends them to you as part of your hotel package. They have your luggage tags in a little separate compartment as well as instructions on the MB2.0. And I have to say that they feel way more lightweight and comfortable to wear than previous magic bands I've had.

I am a fan, mostly because of how thin and light they feel. .....
I guess I'm confused that you say thin and light? Maybe you have the very first version that had the thicker band? I have both my old one and the new one in my hand right now..... they are the same thickness in the middle, the old one is like squared off.... but same thickness. And they are the same weight. They both bend at the same distance from the center of the puck. But... the new one is so much wider where the puck is, that if I bend my wrist it really bothers me. And it looks and feels HUGE on my wrist! I will be looking to get a lanyard.

I guess I'm confused that you say thin and light? Maybe you have the very first version that had the thicker band? I have both my old one and the new one in my hand right now..... they are the same thickness in the middle, the old one is like squared off.... but same thickness. And they are the same weight. They both bend at the same distance from the center of the puck. But... the new one is so much wider where the puck is, that if I bend my wrist it really bothers me. And it looks and feels HUGE on my wrist! I will be looking to get a lanyard.

Yeah, I guess my thinking here is that it doesn't have that huge squared off part that doesn't bend. This feels a little more flexible. I can understand your criticism though.

Yeah, I guess my thinking here is that it doesn't have that huge squared off part that doesn't bend. This feels a little more flexible. I can understand your criticism though.

I do have several old ones....five, I think. They never really bothered me, and I wasn't exactly hoping or looking for a change. They fit well enough and served their purpose. I just like that this one feels more flexible and yes, thinner than the original. I know there was a redesign and my last two bands were noticeably thinner. I was curious about the 2.0 when I started seeing a good bit of criticism on the boards, but when I received the new ones last week I was not disappointed. It fits fine and I like where it bends. I have thinner wrists, but wear a larger running watch so the size of the puck area doesn't bother me.

Never had the old ones, but I thought the new ones were great. They were super comfortable and I forgot it was even on my wrist till I needed to use it. The 3 of us never had a single issue using them the whole week!

Glad they come with their own little screwdriver but hmmm, I can just see us buying them in the park, being so excited we switch them out immediately. Oh no, now what do we do with the old band and better yet, the old screws cause you know those puppies are going in pockets and being lost forever.

Glad they come with their own little screwdriver but hmmm, I can just see us buying them in the park, being so excited we switch them out immediately. Oh no, now what do we do with the old band and better yet, the old screws cause you know those puppies are going in pockets and being lost forever.

The screws go back into the band - Each accessory is 3 pieces: body (band or holder), screws, and the plastic ring that holds the puck in place.
When you buy the keeper, the plastic ring is not screwed into place, so you are only receiving the 2 screws needed, not those plus 2 extras

If you are changing them at the parks, the real issue will be the screwdriver (though the answer is to put it in a bag, or wait until you are someplace you can store the other pieces)

I have to say I thought the same exact thing when we received our 2.0 bands. But we wore them constantly last week and had zero problems or discomfort, even on my kids' tiny wrists. My wrist is also pretty small and I realized the trick was not to wear it on the same wrist as my watch and it didn't bother me at all. IMG_20170106_160920023.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter