received my magic bands but we added a day to our tickets

PamNC

DIS Veteran
how do I link new tickets once I receive my band? I have never done this before with these bands so I need help. Going in 7 days.

Thanks
Pam

Link any tickets to MDX account, link any bands to MDX account. Done. Any linked band will access linked tickets.

If you didn't just add a day to your package but rather bought separate tickets (cards?) you can add them to your My Disney Experience account. Just log on - I'd suggest a laptop over a phone, go to your account, click on "My Reservations and Tickets" go to where it says "Tickets and Passes" and link the tickets there (code on back of card). You assign a ticket to each member of your party who had an extra day and it links to your magic band. Works like magic ;)

Yes - it's a separate ticket - we didn't do a package. I'll try the My Disney Experience. Thank you.

If you added a day to your tickets, and have already ordered a magic band and linked the ticket to it, you are all set.

If you added a day to your ticket, and haven't linked that ticket at all to a band, the added day should show up when you link the band/ticket on MDE.

If you have a one day ticket you want to add to a band, you can also do that as described above by jesster.

"we added a day to our tickets"...

Did you have tickets already and then you bought new one-day tickets? Or am I missing something in the wording?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. If you're not part of some package, and even if you were, I hope you added an extra day to your existing ticket rather than purchased a separate 1 day ticket. We're talking $10 vs. $100 per ticket.

I think maybe the OP is just as confused as I was when the MagicBands were first introduced. Nothing is linked to the BAND. It's all in your My Disney Experience account. If you have all that set up, then your BAND is fine. So, as a PP, put your tickets into the My Disney Experience account and all will be good.

The BAND just is a chip that reads your My Disney Experience account information. But it looks nice and does a heck of a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter