received email with code for 8/24-10/3

Tinkbell

<font color=purple>We called it, "Attack of the Sp
It was for $90 dollars off deluxes per night. It gave me a personal id # and said it was non transferable. Maybe others will get one too. I just wish I could use it.:(

I didnt think this was for everyone. I thought it was just like those postcards you sometimes get (if you're lucky) in the snail mail....
the personal identification number is what made me think this- It also says for select deluxe resorts- wonder if that means its only the WL and AKL.
Anyone- let us know if you can get the discount w/o the personal identification number...
NancyL

I just got an email from Disney too (sent at 19:04 EDT)! Only mine was for moderates and mentioned a $54/night savings (rates from $79/night). It also had a really long id number on it to use when reserving, so it seemed the email was the computer equivalent of a postcard code. The rate was good for 8/24/03 - 10/1/03.

Of course, we're going in December and plan on staying at a deluxe, so, as with both the postcards I've gotten from WDW, I can't use it! But it was nice to know Mickey remembered me.

--miffy--

I just noticed the id # number, Nancy. Sorry. I edited my thread. Thanks.:D I never received a discount offer through email before.

Dont apologize to me! I felt bad- like I was squashing your bug! I was just so excited to get an email with the return address as Disneyworld- I almost did the same thing- ITs so easy to get carried away. Now the question is- will the AP rates beat that rate or will I use the email code? hee hee hee.
I think Im in a win win situation here...
:)
NancyL

LOL! You didn't rain on my parade. I just thought this was the magic code everyone was waiting for and didn't bother to read the whole thing. LOL :D

Sounds like you're in a good situation Nancy.:D Hope you get a great rate!

WOO-HOO! I got the email and just changed our reservations from CBR to AKL for only eleven dollars more!!! They also had availability at the Poly and some other places but for more $$ than I cared to pay. WL was not available for my time frame. I sure do hope I'll like it. I LOVED CBR.

Question for those getting email postcard rates...
Did you have reservation for a hotel within the timeframe good on the postcard? And you did not book with the FTP?
I wonder if they are sending them to people with current reservation booked for room only with no discounts?
yes I drive myself nuts everyday trying to figure out when I might receive anything to help me in October.
Still waiting and wishing for AP rates for October.

Lori

Lori, I'm not planning a trip until next summer and I currently have no ressies in the system. I did not go to WDW this year so I did not use th FTP.

I received a postcard in the mail yesterday. I did not have any existing reservations, but was able to reserve AKL for $109 per night the first week in September. We stayed at WL last November, and are very excited about going back!

I'm curious too. For those getting the emails and postcards, when was your last visit to WDW. Also, do you have current reservations? Thanks.

John

I've received 2 postcards and 1 email (today's).

Chronology as follows:

(1) I got postcard #1 (which was for AKL, as I recall) last fall, before I'd booked a trip to Disney. At that time I hadn't been to WDW since 1999. I'd registered on their website, though, probably a few weeks before the card arrived. It didn't cover the dates we were going, so we didn't use it.

(2) I got postcard #2 in the spring, a few weeks after we'd returned from WDW in January (we booked our rooms--at ASMu and AKL--as AP discounts...btw, there was no FTP at that point). I forget what dates it covered, but they were also dates we weren't traveling. The postcard was for discounts on value resorts, if I recall correctly.

(3) The email I just received today was for discounts on moderates. We are planning a trip in December, but haven't booked a room yet. I haven't even called CRO yet, so unless they're psychic (a possibility! :D ), they have no way of knowing we plan to return. I'm wondering if they're offering us a stay at one of the moderates based on our split stay last time, or possibly on the total amount of money we spent? Hard to know.

If they really wanted to appeal to us, they'd send us a code for the beginning of December for a deluxe resort! Mickey, are you listening?

The only connection I can see is registering on the WDW website, but there may be some other pixie dust at work.

--miffy--

I just read my e-mail with the deluxe resort discount on it. I stayed at AKL last year-due to CBR closing. I also just recently registered on the website for some drawing and asked for a video. The first time I requested a video, several years ago, I got a postcard offer for the BC. I do believe they get your name from the website and video list if you say you will be visiting soon.
I'm planning on going in December. If no codes come out in the next few weeks, I may see if I can get this e-mail offer extended and use it in Dec. Probably will not work, but it never hurts to try.

I got a WDW e-mail late last night for AKL for $109.00 a night. I have been calling and the best I could get was $199.00 a night. I went and made
res for the All Stars last month because I was so
anxious about staying on-site. This morn I got up
early and called CRO to check out the e-mail details. Wow, I changed my res from the All Stars
to AKL for $109.00 a night. We stayed at AKL last
year and had the most wonderful stay. This rate is
less than I paid last year. I am so excited, now I
am really ready to go. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :smooth:

Originally posted by johnnyr
I'm curious too. For those getting the emails and postcards, when was your last visit to WDW. Also, do you have current reservations? Thanks.

John

My last trip was July, 2002 at the AKL.

John
Yes, I did have a current res. at the All Stars
during these dates. We stayed at AKL last year
and I did call for res. for this trip in Sept.
I am also signed up on the official WDW website
and that is how they got my e-mail add. Hope this
helps.

I got a "mission space" postcard today. This is the first year in 5 my wife and I haven't planned a trip to WDW. It says for deluxes from $109, which I assum is AKL or WL.

I placed this info on another thread, but will repeat it here. I, too, received a "mission space" postcard last night, with savings for a value resort. When I called, I wasn't able to use the time span available (the CM told me October 1.) However, right as I was ending the call, I asked her if I could get the same savings at other resorts, and she said yes- $79 at moderates, and $109 at AKL and WL only. SO- if you get a postcard, don't assume it's only for the resort type you received it for. ALSO, a tip- I was already registered on the Disney site, but yesterday I went and edited my profile-checked a few more boxes of things that can be sent to me, in other words- and I received an email yesterday! Hope this works for others of you who can use it. And, yes, we've stayed at All Stars and GF Concierge in the past eight months, but I don't think that had anything to do with it-I think it was the Disney website.

I dont kow how I got mine, but it was addressed to "Tom", when everything I sign up for, or put my name on is "Thomas". I don't know how they got my name and address.

:bounce:

Waiting for the AP Rates - From the Uk

Does anyone know if Disney are sending E-Mails to the UK, DW &
I have joined every Official Disney Login site we know.

41 Days & Counting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter