• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

I wanted to clarify the situation so as not to get a surprise at check-in. I certainly don't expect compensation if there is no construction, but it would be bad business to send out the email and not honour it.

It sounds like there are a couple (at least) different departments handling this at Disney's end.

That's hilarious, our reply was slightly different but from the same person! I can't wait until people who received the $75 gift card "for each night of your stay" email start checking in during April. If no gift card until May 1 that's extremely poor, the gift card email very well impacted plans to stay or not.

If I did not read the boards, I would know about this only from their email, which just states that there will be construction during my visit. Nothing about a start date. So non-boarders who received the email will get a shock if they show up in late April to find that the $75 offer was an error. If that is indeed the case. I would not wish to be a front-line CM.

Because of this deal I decided to extend our May trip!!
We check out of the Poly on May 6th and into CBR for 3 nights.
So now 9 nights total :)
With AP discount and the gift card 2 of those nights are only $75/night!!!
DS loves that Pirate splash pad and it was unseasonably cool when we went in Oct so I'm excited for better pool weather.
Does anyone know if the gift cards can be applied to the room or just food and merchandise?
And I assume we can save them for future trips if we want?

Because of this deal I decided to extend our May trip!!
We check out of the Poly on May 6th and into CBR for 3 nights.
So now 9 nights total :)
With AP discount and the gift card 2 of those nights are only $75/night!!!
DS loves that Pirate splash pad and it was unseasonably cool when we went in Oct so I'm excited for better pool weather.
Does anyone know if the gift cards can be applied to the room or just food and merchandise?
And I assume we can save them for future trips if we want?

This is exactly what has me so tempted to make an unscheduled trip in May. With the AP discount, it's just almost too good to pass up!

So, obviously no one will know for sure until May 1st-ish, but is anyone else wondering how the gift cards will be handled? As in, will we have to go to the front desk every day to get a $75 gift card or will they give us one for each night we are staying when we check-in or will it be one gift card equaling $75*nights booked? Anyone want to offer opinions? It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

So, obviously no one will know for sure until May 1st-ish, but is anyone else wondering how the gift cards will be handled? As in, will we have to go to the front desk every day to get a $75 gift card or will they give us one for each night we are staying when we check-in or will it be one gift card equaling $75*nights booked? Anyone want to offer opinions? It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

I'm sure they will give you one card for your whole stay. I can't even imagine the lines at the desk every day morning if they made you come get it every day. Way too much work & another inconvenience for the guests.

The way I read it was the gift cards will be preloaded with $75 x number of nights stay...
I could be wrong?!
I've got a 50/50 chance...What do I know? I jumped ship and still waiting my new/improved/updated invoice & I'm not really a patient soul:crazy:

I changed resorts to CBR just to get the credit! :flower1: I know I will be considered crazy, but we spend almost zero time at the resort anyway, so I don't mind. Just FYI for anyone who might do the same...the only thing available as of today are Pirate Rooms. If any of you cancel a different type room, PLEASE let me know... I would love to NOT have double beds since it will just be my husband and I this trip. Anyway, I say all this to say here is a portion of the email I received on 3/7 regarding the construction/gift cards:

Beginning in May 2017, the following venues will be unavailable due to refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

bullet.gif

Centertown, a dining location, will serve an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet for breakfast and dinner.

bullet.gif

A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.

bullet.gif

Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.

bullet.gif

In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.

bullet.gif

Disney dining plans will be accepted.

bullet.gif

We will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.

During your stay, you will be able to make a splash at Fuentes del Morro Pool – our feature swimming location – or at one of our leisure pools. Additionally, recreation activities and entertainment will be available.

Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.

As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will receive a Disney Gift Card value of $75 per room for each night of your stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. For your convenience, you do not need to contact us in advance; we have already arranged for your gift card to be available at the resort upon check-in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.

bullet.gif

For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-1822 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif

For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

bullet.gif

If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.

Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Sheryl Koenes and her team at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hosting you as our Guest and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

I changed resorts to CBR just to get the credit! :flower1: I know I will be considered crazy, but we spend almost zero time at the resort anyway, so I don't mind. Just FYI for anyone who might do the same...the only thing available as of today are Pirate Rooms. If any of you cancel a different type room, PLEASE let me know... I would love to NOT have double beds since it will just be my husband and I this trip. Anyway, I say all this to say here is a portion of the email I received on 3/7 regarding the construction/gift cards:

Beginning in May 2017, the following venues will be unavailable due to refurbishment: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post. There will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

bullet.gif

Centertown, a dining location, will serve an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet for breakfast and dinner.

bullet.gif

A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.

bullet.gif

Additional a la carte offerings will be available at mobile food vending locations.

bullet.gif

In-room dining will remain available. The menu includes pizza, sandwiches and pasta.

bullet.gif

Disney dining plans will be accepted.

bullet.gif

We will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.

During your stay, you will be able to make a splash at Fuentes del Morro Pool – our feature swimming location – or at one of our leisure pools. Additionally, recreation activities and entertainment will be available.

Please note that noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.

As a thank you for your continued patronage, you will receive a Disney Gift Card value of $75 per room for each night of your stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. For your convenience, you do not need to contact us in advance; we have already arranged for your gift card to be available at the resort upon check-in. This gift card can be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your original booking agent.

bullet.gif

For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-1822 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif

For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

bullet.gif

If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.

Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Sheryl Koenes and her team at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hosting you as our Guest and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,

Disney Destinations, LLC

I booked a regular room last night so keep checking!
I've been looking at CBR rooms all week and first there were only Pirate rooms, then only regular, then both, now only Pirate again...
Clearly a lot of movement going on there!

How soon after you booked did you get he construction email?
So far I just received the standard confirmation email.

I booked a regular room last night so keep checking!
I've been looking at CBR rooms all week and first there were only Pirate rooms, then only regular, then both, now only Pirate again...
Clearly a lot of movement going on there!

How soon after you booked did you get he construction email?
So far I just received the standard confirmation email.

It took a couple days to get it. Long enough that I started wondering if I was going to get it, but not so long that I was panicking! LOL

the $75 dollar voucher....is there a list to see where we can use this? Can it be in the parks too? We need to change our room reservation and came across a good deal for CBR.

Last edited:
You know what would be funny? If the April people get another email stating that the offer of a $75 per day gift card was sent in error since construction doesn't begin until May 1st. To make up for the mistake, please accept an offer of a $75 per day gift card!

the $75 dollar voucher....is there a list to see where we can use this? Can it be in the parks too? We need to change our room reservation and came across a good deal for CBR.

It's not a voucher it's a Disney gift card. If you do like the construction notice says on the Disney website and go to www.disneygiftcard.com you can see all about them.

It's under product information then where to use.

Ok cool so looks like you can apply towards room balance.

Yea i just called (which their systems are down) to change my reservation and said it can be used pretty much anywhere and in the future. Cool. Almost very tempting to switch that reservation w/out hearing my other options.

Thank you for your post.

I called Disney today to move from CBR and after reading your post and rather than ask to move to Beach Club for an additional fee, I asked for Saratoga Springs.

And they agreed to our request!!!!!!!

We are a family of five and were lucky to stay at Saratoga Springs a few years ago so are beyond delighted to be returning. We are not telling our children, they were so disappointed we were not returning to SSR that they will be more excited than us.

I had only thought that studios at SSR were being offered so your post was both informative and fortuitous.

Thank you again for sharing your good news, I am now sharing mine
2 bedroom or just a standard?

So I received a reply from Disney (Tasha!). I had asked them to clarify the discrepancy between the email saying I would receive a $75 gift card for each night of my April 29, 30 stay and the website, which stated May 1.

Here it is:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

I would be happy to provide clarification in regards to the compensation being offered for the refurbishments at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. Each reservation checking into Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort® starting May 1st, 2017 will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room, per night, which may be used at participating Walt Disney World Resort Food & Beverage and Merchandise locations. For complete terms and conditions, please visit DisneyGiftCard.com. Please know that we are committed to doing everything we can to make your stay magical. The refurbishments are not set to start until May 2017, thus the compensation beginning May 1st, 2017."

So I guess the email was sent in error. And I guess it's not binding.

This email makes it sound like even though you'd be staying after May 1st, you won't get any gift card at all because you checked in before May 1st. Is anyone else reading it like that? We moved our April 28 - May 4 reservation to CBR because the AP discount made it cheaper than the Bounce Back we'd booked at POR, and then they were offering the gift cards on top of that. The website made it sound as though, even if we didn't get gift cards for the whole stay, we'd at least get gift cards for May 1 - 4 since we'd be impacted by the closures those dates. This email makes it sound like we won't get anything since we aren't actually checking in on or after May 1.

We have changed to POFQ, but we had to pay extra we accepted and carried on, but as we thought about it just didn't seem right that we had to pay more, so a emai and a follow up call and wdtc uk have matched our Caribbean beach preffered room price for a POFQ pool view, very chuffed and much happier, it's certainly taken the tinge off the holiday for us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter