Received Duplicate Magicbands

Scott

Mouseketeer
Our custom magic bands (family of 5) were received a few weeks ago for our 12/15 trip. Then, on on Thursday of this past week, my wife and son inexplicably received another Magicband (non-customized). Anyone else experience this? My primary question is, which MB should they use? :confused3 Should we bring these 2 additional bands just in case? Finally, which MB will have the FP+ selections?
Scott

All MagicBands associated with an individuals MDX profile will work during any stay.

Our custom magic bands (family of 5) were received a few weeks ago for our 12/15 trip. Then, on on Thursday of this past week, my wife and son inexplicably received another Magicband (non-customized). Anyone else experience this? My primary question is, which MB should they use? :confused3 Should we bring these 2 additional bands just in case? Finally, which MB will have the FP+ selections?
Scott

Well, it sounds like your wife might have another account of her own with your son added onto it, that is somehow not linked to yours. That's the only thing I can think of. If you're all on one account you should have only received one set. You might want to just double check if she does because it could cause you problems with the bands.

Bring them all if you like. The ones with duplicates can use any band they like.
Tickets, FP+, room entry, etc are associated with that person's account / reservation, not with the actual MB. The MB is only a means of accessing that data. That means that any MB assigned to you will work.

If you have more than 1 reservation, they'll send you a set MBs for each. Not sure why they sent additional ones to just part of the group, but they all should work fine. Just make sure, like the PP said, that your DW and DS don't have a separate MDE account or data.

Well, it sounds like your wife might have another account of her own with your son added onto it, that is somehow not linked to yours. That's the only thing I can think of. If you're all on one account you should have only received one set. You might want to just double check if she does because it could cause you problems with the bands.

It is all on one account. The 2nd set of bands show up on the MDE app/page. We even received the same shipping notification that we received with the 1st shipment. And when I look at my friends and family list, they are only on their one time.

It is all on one account. The 2nd set of bands show up on the MDE app/page. We even received the same shipping notification that we received with the 1st shipment. And when I look at my friends and family list, they are only on their one time.

I don't know. That's strange, to me. I know people receive duplicate MBs for multiple reservations. There's no reason only your wife and son should have received another set out of the 5 of you, though, if you're all on the same one reservation. Under your friends and family list what does is say next to your wife? Does it say "You Manage this account"? Or does it say "_____ can view all your plans?"

I would bring them both just in case. Theoretically, if everything is linked correctly, then either one should work. It's just strange that only those two people out of all of you on the same reservation received another set.

Bring them all if you like. The ones with duplicates can use any band they like.
Tickets, FP+, room entry, etc are associated with that person's account / reservation, not with the actual MB. The MB is only a means of accessing that data. That means that any MB assigned to you will work.

If you have more than 1 reservation, they'll send you a set MBs for each. Not sure why they sent additional ones to just part of the group, but they all should work fine. Just make sure, like the PP said, that your DW and DS don't have a separate MDE account or data.

Thanks, that makes me fell better. On another note, and just out of curiosity, does this mean we now have 7 FP+ instead of 5? Purely hypothetical here folks, but what would happen if we used an original and a duplicate simultaneously? Let's say my son uses his generic band to access a ride, and my other son uses and I use his custom band. Could I then use my custom band to ride again? Certainly they have a solution in place to stop this?

Thanks, that makes me fell better. On another note, and just out of curiosity, does this mean we now have 7 FP+ instead of 5? Purely hypothetical here folks, but what would happen if we used an original and a duplicate simultaneously? Let's say my son uses his generic band to access a ride, and my other son uses and I use his custom band. Could I then use my custom band to ride again? Certainly they have a solution in place to stop this?

No. The FPs aren't on the actual band. They're on the account on MDE. The band just reads the information from MDE. That's what is strange to me, if you don't have multiple reservations. But I guess time will tell.

I don't know. That's strange, to me. I know people receive duplicate MBs for multiple reservations. There's no reason only your wife and son should have received another set out of the 5 of you, though, if you're all on the same one reservation. Under your friends and family list what does is say next to your wife? Does it say "You Manage this account"? Or does it say "_____ can view all your plans?"

I would bring them both just in case. Theoretically, if everything is linked correctly, then either one should work. It's just strange that only those two people out of all of you on the same reservation received another set.

Yes, it says "managed by you" next to both of their names. I was a bit worried that my son would get to use his customized band as he designed it, nickname and all!

No. The FPs aren't on the actual band. They're on the account on MDE. The band just reads the information from MDE. That's what is strange to me, if you don't have multiple reservations. But I guess time will tell.

Correct, just one reservation with all five names listed correctly.

Yes, it says "managed by you" next to both of their names. I was a bit worried that my son would get to use his customized band as he designed it, nickname and all!

Hmmm interesting. If you can see the second set of MBs on your page, and it says managed by you, then they should both work. Not for extra FPs though. ;)

I've not heard of only 2 people out of 5 on the same reservation receiving another set, but I guess stranger things have happened. Have fun!!!

6 more days for me!! :goodvibes

Hmmm interesting. If you can see the second set of MBs on your page, and it says managed by you, then they should both work. Not for extra FPs though. ;)

I've not heard of only 2 people out of 5 on the same reservation receiving another set, but I guess stranger things have happened. Have fun!!!

6 more days for me!! :goodvibes

Us too! Our paths may cross in the parks. I will be the guy selling two generic MB's to offsite guests!;) :rotfl2:

Actually, the same thing happened to us on our October trip. Two out of four of us (my husband and I) received a second set of MBs. Not sure why. He doesn't have his own account, so it couldn't have been something he did accidentally. The people at the front desk at the WL (we received the notice that we had a second set coming until it was too late to ship to home so they were shipped to the resort) were perplexed and had no idea why only he and I received a second set. We had no split stay or anything.

OP, for us, both bands did work interchangably, EXCEPT for with SOMK. I originally activated the game with one band, and they had to switch it to my second band when I wore it the second day we played. Other than that, we could switch back and forth freely with no issues. Both bands show as activated under our account.

Actually, the same thing happened to us on our October trip. Two out of four of us (my husband and I) received a second set of MBs. Not sure why. He doesn't have his own account, so it couldn't have been something he did accidentally. The people at the front desk at the WL (we received the notice that we had a second set coming until it was too late to ship to home so they were shipped to the resort) were perplexed and had no idea why only he and I received a second set. We had no split stay or anything.

:scratchin Me too!!

So i just logged into MDE and saw that there are two "Magic Band Orders" out there for a quantity of 4 each. We have two reservation numbers, as we are changing rooms during our stay.

From reading this thread, am I correct in assuming that both MB's should have our AP's linked to it and both should work at the TS?

Also, I'm not sure why we are getting 4 bands, we only have 3 AP. My youngest DS is under 3 and does not need an AP yet.... Do they just send MB to everyone, regardless?

Thanks!

Do they just send MB to everyone, regardless?

Thanks!

Yes. And they send them, at this time, for each separate hotel reservation.

I'm taking advantage of this and having some fun with my MB orders. Since I ended up with two in October (thought I lost my customized one and got a grey one, then found the customized one) and we have 4 back to back hotel reservations, I'll end up with 6 colors. Only missing yellow. :)

I'm taking advantage of this and having some fun with my MB orders. Since I ended up with two in October (thought I lost my customized one and got a grey one, then found the customized one) and we have 4 back to back hotel reservations, I'll end up with 6 colors. Only missing yellow. :)

Me too!! I got Christmas colors for next week. And in February I picked silly nicknames but the same colors as our October set. If they're sending them anyway, I might as well customize them.

SAlso, I'm not sure why we are getting 4 bands, we only have 3 AP. My youngest DS is under 3 and does not need an AP yet.... Do they just send MB to everyone, regardless?

It's best not to ask Why when it comes to MB. Just customize and accept all that are given to you. I'd be tempted to label a set "eBay" and sell them*. :rotfl2:

*After you've deactivated them, of course!

Seriously, they could build a new attraction with MB shipping costs alone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter