Received a letter from Disney about "no refrigerators"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandb

DIS Veteran
My mom and my family (we have 2 rooms), arriving in less then 2 weeks and staying at POR:cool1:, both received letters today, telling us about the refrigerator issue and we might not have one during our stay.

Got the same letter today! We also have two rooms at POR in two days. On letter, two rooms... hmmmm.

I'm glad to hear they are at least giving people advance notice. I always thought it wasn't right just to have people show up expecting one only to see a note on the refrigerator door!

I got one, too. It was in the stack of mail that was waiting for me when I got home from WDW:).

Got the same letter today! We also have two rooms at POR in two days. On letter, two rooms... hmmmm.

Better late than never I guess. But what if someone didn't know and had placed an order with Garden Grocer or We Go Shop. Can you cancel that late?

I'm glad to hear they are at least giving people advance notice. I always thought it wasn't right just to have people show up expecting one only to see a note on the refrigerator door!

We did not receive a letter prior to our trip
But whatever

We received one of those letters early last week as well. We left for CSR on Wednesday but found our room had a refrigerator that was plugged in and working when we got there.

I wish they would have sent us a letter before our stay in July. We went to wal mart before checking in and had some stuff that needed to go in the fridge. We didn't find out until we got to our room at POR in the mansion section. There was just a note on it not to use it. Sadly, we had to throw away milk and cheese that we bought. I glad they are warning people now.

I received the letter today for our stay at POFQ on Sept 14-20!

I got one today, too. I will be there 9/13. I also had one for the ASsports food court closure. I was there as that went down. These letters are coming a little too close to arrival date for me.

Disney removed fridges at most resorts due to an electrical problem. It's taking a while to replace them all.

got the letter today for our stay starting sept 2nd. bummed. have medical needs. i asked if people were really upset and CM said yes, that it is very wide-spread - like 40,000 of them - even Euro disney. i feel bad for them, but the frig/kitchen is part of the reason we chose to stay in a suite. we'll see. encouraged to see at least one person on this thread say they had a frig . . .

for those that are asking - there's some sort of electrical issue with the refrigerators . . . can't be used safely.

I received a form letter about refrigerators today too. I heard that they finished replacing the refrigerators at the Beach Club, so I called and the CM said Beach Club is done, so ignore that letter.

They are probably sending it out to everyone regardless of whether they are done with the resort at which the person receiving the form letter is staying.

I wish they would have sent us a letter before our stay in July. We went to wal mart before checking in and had some stuff that needed to go in the fridge. We didn't find out until we got to our room at POR in the mansion section. There was just a note on it not to use it. Sadly, we had to throw away milk and cheese that we bought. I glad they are warning people now.
why did you throw out the food? you could have put it in the big fridge at the checkin while you got a cooler. Ice is free

WE arrive in POR on Sept 2 and have not received a letter but we live in Canada so it would take a bit longer to arrive.

It has been posted if you ask for a fridge and they can't give you one they are giving $15/day--but I have heard you have to ask :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter