Received a letter from Disney about "no refrigerators"

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kandb, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kandb

kandb DIS Veteran

My mom and my family (we have 2 rooms), arriving in less then 2 weeks and staying at POR:cool1:, both received letters today, telling us about the refrigerator issue and we might not have one during our stay.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. PJR

PJR Earning My Ears

Got the same letter today! We also have two rooms at POR in two days. On letter, two rooms... hmmmm.

4. kaylasmom07

kaylasmom07 DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear they are at least giving people advance notice. I always thought it wasn't right just to have people show up expecting one only to see a note on the refrigerator door!

5. Kim1964

Kim1964 <font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d

I got one, too. It was in the stack of mail that was waiting for me when I got home from WDW:).

6. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Better late than never I guess. But what if someone didn't know and had placed an order with Garden Grocer or We Go Shop. Can you cancel that late?

7. tzeitel

tzeitel Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

:rotfl:

8. HubbDave

HubbDave Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

We did not receive a letter prior to our trip
    But whatever

9. GrumpyBelle

GrumpyBelle DIS Veteran

We received one of those letters early last week as well. We left for CSR on Wednesday but found our room had a refrigerator that was plugged in and working when we got there.

10. ddixon1

ddixon1 Mouseketeer

Me too! ;)

11. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy Always Planning!

Received letter today for our POR stay in less than 2 weeks.

12. lovedonald

lovedonald Mouseketeer

I wish they would have sent us a letter before our stay in July. We went to wal mart before checking in and had some stuff that needed to go in the fridge. We didn't find out until we got to our room at POR in the mansion section. There was just a note on it not to use it. Sadly, we had to throw away milk and cheese that we bought. I glad they are warning people now.

13. TSM

TSM Mouseketeer

I received the letter today for our stay at POFQ on Sept 14-20!

14. kent285

kent285 DIS Veteran

I'm out of touch. What is the issue with the refridgerators?

15. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

I got one today, too. I will be there 9/13. I also had one for the ASsports food court closure. I was there as that went down. These letters are coming a little too close to arrival date for me.

16. BuddyThomas

BuddyThomas Mouseketeer

I am also not familiar with this. What's up? Has Stitch been hurling all the refrigerators into Bay Lake?

17. Kim1964

Kim1964 <font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d

Disney removed fridges at most resorts due to an electrical problem. It's taking a while to replace them all.

18. happywifeandmom

happywifeandmom Earning My Ears

got the letter today for our stay starting sept 2nd. bummed. have medical needs. i asked if people were really upset and CM said yes, that it is very wide-spread - like 40,000 of them - even Euro disney. i feel bad for them, but the frig/kitchen is part of the reason we chose to stay in a suite. we'll see. encouraged to see at least one person on this thread say they had a frig . . .

for those that are asking - there's some sort of electrical issue with the refrigerators . . . can't be used safely.

19. MLinDisney

MLinDisney Mouseketeer

I received a form letter about refrigerators today too. I heard that they finished replacing the refrigerators at the Beach Club, so I called and the CM said Beach Club is done, so ignore that letter.

They are probably sending it out to everyone regardless of whether they are done with the resort at which the person receiving the form letter is staying.

20. bigmac5

bigmac5 DIS Veteran

why did you throw out the food? you could have put it in the big fridge at the checkin while you got a cooler. Ice is free

21. bigmac5

bigmac5 DIS Veteran

WE arrive in POR on Sept 2 and have not received a letter but we live in Canada so it would take a bit longer to arrive.

It has been posted if you ask for a fridge and they can't give you one they are giving $15/day--but I have heard you have to ask :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.