Reccomendation for nice bar/restaurant in St Thomas with ocean view

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
we are meeting our friends who will arrive on the Carnival same day we arrive on the Fantasy at St Thomas. We want to meet and hang out at a nice bar/restaurant with a view of the ocean relatively close to where the Ships dock. We don’t mind grabbing a cab to get there.

we are meeting our friends who will arrive on the Carnival same day we arrive on the Fantasy at St Thomas. We want to meet and hang out at a nice bar/restaurant with a view of the ocean relatively close to where the Ships dock. We don’t mind grabbing a cab to get there.

I've never been, but how about the Paradise Point Bar and Cafe? You would have to pay for the Skyride, but it's close to the port and the views would be nice.

Last edited:
I cannot help with a suggestion but wanted to make sure you know there are two different spots to port in St. Thomas. We have only ported at Charlotte Amalie with DCL but when we visited on RCCL they ported at the Crown Bay Cruise Ship dock area. In the past I do not recall seeing a Carnival ship there so not sure which area they commonly use. The two areas are not too far apart with one just east and the other just west of the main downtown area.

I cannot help with a suggestion but wanted to make sure you know there are two different spots to port in St. Thomas. We have only ported at Charlotte Amalie with DCL but when we visited on RCCL they ported at the Crown Bay Cruise Ship dock area. In the past I do not recall seeing a Carnival ship there so not sure which area they commonly use. The two areas are not too far apart with one just east and the other just west of the main downtown area.

Good point ScooterScott44.

I noticed the OP's signature indicated next cruise is in Oct on the Fantasy. I just double checked St. Thomas port schedule @ https://www.vinow.com/cruise/ship-schedule/10-2018/. Both days in Oct that have the Fantasy & a Carnival ship docked have the ships all at the West Indian Co port.

I've never been, but how about the Paradise Point Bar and Cafe? You would have to pay for the Skyride, but it's close to the port and the views would be nice.
We’ve been there already. It’s not that great. We are looking more for a margarita like-type fun bar on the beach. We don’t mind taking a taxi to get there but we don’t want to go on the other side of the island. We want to stay around Charlotte Amelie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter