Reboot--The Echols Excellent POP Century Adventure Budget Trip Meet!

irishdadx4

We did it Disneyland, in the knowledge that most o
Ok..our story so far....

Teresa and her family have graciously agreed to have a little get together during her Podcast budget trip in August at POP Century! I believe her trip starts August 15, for 5 days.

Halloweenqueen was graciously organizing this event, but due to unforseen circumstances she has had to cancel her trip, but will instead be going to Hawaii. ;)

So I have stepped up to take over the thread and organize this meet.

The list so far

The Echols Family ...15th-20th?
Slapwhitey...19th...?
Thundersnow...8th-20th
Safetymom/Kathy...day of meet
mejkjj97...20th-26th
Jacksmom99...17th-24th
AmberluvsWDW...8th-16th
irishdadx4, Kitikat and family...15th-22nd
IWISHFORDISNEY....they'll be there
Hollymac71...day of meet
Susanwashere...16th-27th
shellyminnie...day of event
thunderbird1...14th-29th
hankshouse...17th-26th
Luke...5th-20th
HollyMac71
HoopyMan

I will be updating with a proposed time, place and date after I hear back from Teresa in regards to what will work for her and her family.

Mike

time and place update:

Distime: Mon Aug 16th at 4:00pm
Displace: Pop food court- probably over near the Ice cream bar.

Great work!
Keep us up to date when you decide on a time and place.
Hope it fits in with our plans whenever/wherever you decide on :)

:goodvibes

Let us know date and time and we will be there!!:goodvibes

Liz, Gene and Ethan.

Just waiting for a confirmation :thumbsup2 back from Teresa on the proposed time, place, and date, and I'll be letting everyone know. Sorry for the delay

Mike

Just got confirmation from Teresa on Facebook. As Houston would say,"We are go for launch" :cool1:

SO here are the details:

Distime: Mon Aug 16th at 4:00pm
Displace: Pop food court- probably over near the Icecream shop.

It shouldn't be crowded at that time at all. it's after lunch and before dinner. I'm guessing it would last at most 45 min. Maybe only 30. I'm sorry if everyone can't make that, but that worked best for Teresa and seemed to cover the majority of people stating an interest in attending.

I liked the idea of doing it at Pop, as opposed to a park, because then you would either have to go to that park that day, or park hop, and Pop is a location that's pretty central to the resort so travel time to Pop should be reasonable from wherever you are in the World that day. Hope everyone that can make it does. Can't wait to see you all there in Aug. :thumbsup2:cool1::banana:

Sorry we'll miss the meet by one day, it would be great to see everyone. However, if anyone else wants to hook up for a drink or snack or something from the 17-23rd, let me know! :goodvibes

Sorry we'll miss the meet by one day, it would be great to see everyone. However, if anyone else wants to hook up for a drink or snack or something from the 17-23rd, let me know! :goodvibes

We'll be missing it by a few days also-

but we would love to catch up Kim if possible. I will send you my info

If anyone will be in the parks and can't come to the meet at the POP because of the day, send me a message, maybe we can meet on another day too! Just a thought....

T.

Our family has started calling this stalk the Echol's...lol well Mike & I....since we are staying at Pop Aug 15-21..and are going to almost all the same parks as Teresa & her family...:rotfl:

OK I'm going to have to bend some rules and maybe break some speed limits but I'm going to try my darndest to get over there!!!!! How bad could I4 traffice be on a Monday afternoon right! HAHAHA

Here is my one problem if I'm going to be there I'm going to have to hit dinner before I travel I4 back home.

Anyone up for dinner after the meet? Or should I grab it there? Oh decisions decisions!!

Our family has started calling this stalk the Echol's...lol well Mike & I....since we are staying at Pop Aug 15-21..and are going to almost all the same parks as Teresa & her family...:rotfl:

sounds kinda creepy.... but in a good way! :rotfl:

OK I'm going to have to bend some rules and maybe break some speed limits but I'm going to try my darndest to get over there!!!!! How bad could I4 traffice be on a Monday afternoon right! HAHAHA

Here is my one problem if I'm going to be there I'm going to have to hit dinner before I travel I4 back home.

Anyone up for dinner after the meet? Or should I grab it there? Oh decisions decisions!!

Hope you can make it...I'm sure we can start a collection for your bail payment if you get stopped by one of Florida's finest on the way over. :thumbsup2 Will it be just you or do you have any partners-in-crime coming over with you??

Mike

It will probably be me, myself, and I. Hubby working so unless I can train my dogs to be "Seeing eye" dogs and wear a vest it will only be me.
Let's hope for no cops and no summer thunderstorms.

It looks like ME will be picking us up around 5PM on the 16th, so we will be missing it. Have fun everyone!!:thumbsup2

It will probably be me, myself, and I. Hubby working so unless I can train my dogs to be "Seeing eye" dogs and wear a vest it will only be me.
Let's hope for no cops and no summer thunderstorms.

Well...welcome to the "Stalking of the Echols DISmeet" The "seeing eye" dogs is a great idea......mmmm..need to get some little vests for my dogs...:lmao:

Mike

It looks like ME will be picking us up around 5PM on the 16th, so we will be missing it. Have fun everyone!!:thumbsup2

Sorry your going to miss the meet.. We will be posting pics and a trip report with the meet in it though. Hope you will have a great trip and safe trip home too.

Mike

I am planning on coming up for the meet. It's still during the seasonal pass black out period, so I will be staring through the fence whimpering softly at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter