Rebooking onboard ?

tomatos5@shaw.ca

Canadian diser
What kind of incentives and pricing does DCL offer to booking another cruiese while on your current cruise. Do they offer shipboard credits or lower prices on the cruise itself ?

We rebooked in Feb. and received a 10% discount plus a $200 shipboard credit for a seven night cruise. We then transfered the ressie to Dreams Unlimited and they added another $100 shipboard credit for a cruise later this year and another $200 credit for a cruise we are taking next year. Yes, we booked two more cruises while onboard to take advantage of saving on them both! These cruises are addicting!!

Laura

As Laura said, the incentive for booking a 7-day sailing on board is 10% off and a $200 OBC for your booked cruise. For the 3- and 4-day sailings the incentive is 10% off and a $100 OBC. Keep in mind that the 10% comes off of the cruise fare only, not including the taxes and port charges (and, I assume, the fuel surcharge) so the discount is actually somewhere between 8% and 9% off of the full price.

The discount does not count towards a cat 12, cat 1, 2 or 3.

Thanks for the good postings from the experienced folks here. Some followup questions:

* Can the cabin class be upgraded or downgraded, say from an outside to a veranda or inside cabin?

* Can lowest cost guarantee rooms be booked?

* Is there a limit to the number of rooms and/or cruises that can be booked?

Thanks for the good postings from the experienced folks here. Some followup questions:

* Can the cabin class be upgraded or downgraded, say from an outside to a veranda or inside cabin?

Yes, but at the latest price..which will be higher since you will be changing it later on. If it is after final payment, you will be able to upgrade, but not downgrade.

* Can lowest cost guarantee rooms be booked?

Yes you can book any category available, including a Cat 12. The 10% discount does not apply to this category.

* Is there a limit to the number of rooms and/or cruises that can be booked?

Yes, if there are 4 people traveling you can book 4 cruises. It is one cruise per person.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I was thinking after going on one cruise, I know we will get hooked so I can prepare for booking the next one.

Absolutely rebook on board, even if you think you're not going to cruise DCL again (I made this mistake on our first DCL cruise!!). Once you walk off the ship there's no 10% discount and OBC available so it's best to book onboard and cancel later if need be.

We always rebook on board and sometimes have to change the dates. Better to receive the discount and onboard credit and cancel later than pay full price when you want to cruise again!

Absolutely rebook on board, even if you think you're not going to cruise DCL again (I made this mistake on our first DCL cruise!!). Once you walk off the ship there's no 10% discount and OBC available so it's best to book onboard and cancel later if need be.

We made the same mistake!

We typically cruise DCL every other year, so we have to book bogus dates and then change them when the following year's dates come out. Isn't there some stipulation with rebooking that you can only get the discount and OBC if the length of the cruise and the number of passengers remains the same? i.e. if you wanted to change from a 7-day to a 4-day, or if you wanted to add or remove someone from your ressie, you'd loose the discount and OBC?

Never heard of that. We did the week long Thanksgiving cruise three times and booked a fourth while on board. The following summer we decided to go with another family on a Disney World and Disney Cruise vacation. They only wanted to do a four night cruise (it was their first). We changed our Thanksgiving week to a four night on the Wonder and still received the discount and onboard credit. (Actually the onboard credit might have been less as I am thinking about it.) We did book the same travel party and the same oceanview room category.

Isn't there some stipulation with rebooking that you can only get the discount and OBC if the length of the cruise and the number of passengers remains the same? i.e. if you wanted to change from a 7-day to a 4-day, or if you wanted to add or remove someone from your ressie, you'd loose the discount and OBC?

I rebooked a 3-day onboard last year and a few months later I switched it to a 7-day and still received the 10% discount and OBC.

i havent even went on my first disney cruise, but am already trying to plan another but this time a 7 day. i was also wondering if i were to book online how far out could i push the date back? I was looking at rates for august 2009 would they be about the same for august 2010?

amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter