Rebooking onboard-friends & family??

TiffJ

DIS Veteran
Did I see where if you re-book on board you could also get an offer for friends & family? Or did I dream that?

My parents are going on the Med this summer & I would love to go on the Fantasy with them next summer. If we are in a separate cabin can they book our cruise onboard for us to get the reduced deposit & obc?

Thanks!

Believe they can book two rooms on their cruise for the future Fantasy (one for each of them). Then you'd get discount and obc for each room. Would just have to add you all to rooms later. We re-booked on board for just one room and recieved a post card that we can offer to friends or family to book and travel the same cruise with us and get an OBC.

The experience has varied depending on who is the onbooking agent, but Leslie, who's been on the Magic, has repeatedly allowed us to book rooms for friend and family who aren't currently onboard, for a future cruise that we're booked on without any problems. A straight onboard booking is superior to the friends and family offer, since it gives you the full onboard booking benefits, along with the ability to change your sailing date in the future. With the friends and family offer, you only get the OBC but no discount, and if one of you changes to a different date, then you lose those benefits.

You can either reserve your own room in advance, then make sure your family has your reservation number and information, and they can try to rebook it for you at that time. You will have to pay the full 20% deposit though if you reserve it in advance. Or, since they are family and you might trust them, they can reserve the room for you while onboard, and pay the deposit using your credit card information, or pay the deposit for you to be reimbursed once they're off the ship. The first option, where you do everything in advance and they try to rebook is the easiest for them, and ensures you of getting what you want. Otherwise, they'll need you names, birth dates, addresses, and all that other information.

Leslie has told me that we could book unlimited cruises for ourselves, but the number of cruises we can book for others is limited to the number of people in our current sailing party. So they should be okay. If you don't plan on sailing on the same cruise with your family member, one or both of you can use a dummy date when rebooking, so you are technically on the same cruise as them, but either of you can change once booked without any problem.

Thanks! They will be on the Magic this summer so hopefully they can book it for us. And yes- I trust them enough to give them my info/money :thumbsup2

This would be awesome since we want to cruise together next year anyway.

Thanks!

As Halls said, the experience of onboard booking has varied a little depending on who the agent is. However, in my experience, a currently sailing guest can book the same number of reservations as they have people on board for this cruise--so your parents could book 2 cabins on a future sailing (one for them, one for you!) A reservation is a cabin, regardless of the number of people in it.

And, as above, it is better to book for all of you while on board than to do the "friends and family" when they get home.

Thanks! They will be on the Magic this summer so hopefully they can book it for us. And yes- I trust them enough to give them my info/money :thumbsup2

This would be awesome since we want to cruise together next year anyway.

Thanks!

One recommendation I'll throw out, if there is a specific Fantasy sailing that you already know you want to go on, I'd encourage you to go ahead and book it now, and not wait to book this summer. Your parents can always try to rebook the reservation for you, but you don't know if that sailing will sell out (at least for the category you want) or if prices will rise between now and then.

The same recommendation goes if they announce a 2012 date on the Fantasy between now and this summer that you really want. There are generally more benefits to be had by booking early, than there are by waiting. The one downside to booking early is you tie up your deposit money sooner, and you have to pay the 20% deposit rather than the reduced 10% deposit available onboard (which is still money you'd have to pay for the cruise anyway and is still refundable if you change your mind.) But cruise prices can easily increase greater than the 10% over the course of a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter