Rebooking onboard after final payment?

sharen24

DIS Veteran
I just booked a MR cruise for the end of March 2011. I will be onboard the Wonder on 1/21/11 and would like to rebook my 3/11 cruise to get the discount and onboard credit. How does this work since final payment is due for my 3/11 cruise before I sail on the 1/11 cruise? Thanks for your help!

You would lose more money than you would save. You would have to cancel the cruise reservation you just made and pay the penalty in order to rebook onboard.

Book a NEW future cruise while onboard your January and/or March 2011 cruises to save 10% and get the OBC.

You won't be able to wait until your January cruise to rebook your March cruise since you'll be in the penalty phase. Plus there is the risk that the March cruise will have sold out by then, and/or the price would have risen.

Short of taking a quick cruise solely to be able to rebook (which I assume isn't a real option if you are on the west coast), you might check to see if there is anyone on your March cruise who is sailing soon, and would be willing to rebook the cruise for you. This is easiest if you have booked directly with DCL and not with a TA, since you'd only have to give them your reservation number, and not your credit card information, etc. (you could have them move your reservation to a TA at that time for you).

I recommend finding someone on your meet thread for the March cruise, since there have been conflicting reports about whether someone rebooking for a friend has to be booked on the same cruise.

I had no problem doing a rebooking for a friend....but I did book myself on the same cruise. Then I moved my cruise, so I didn't actually sail with my friend......even though that was only partially planned at the beginning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter