rebooking on board with DVC points

marcybear

Mouseketeer
Has anyone rebooked onboard with DVC points, and if so is there any point discount or onboard credit? I know a lot of people think that using point sfor a cruise is a waste of points, but this will be the third time in the past three years that we have done it and for us it works. Any info on this would be appreciated.
Marcybear

there is a point discount chart that was given out at the DVC Member`event I just returned home from our cruise today and can't put my hands on it right now. I'll probably get to the bottom of unpacking tomorrow. If no one posts it before then

Each time we have cruised with points we have gotten a note in our room telling us that we can get a 10% discount if we book within 3 days of returning home. We have taken them up on that offer each time! :)

just got back yesterday. you cannot rebooked on board using dvc points, you must book within three working days of when you get off your cruise.
they gave me a pamplet probaly still in the suitcase. but as i can remember the better the cabin you got the lower your point off will be.
example a cat5 you might save 13 points per person. a cat 11 you might save 29 points per person.

What if I did not book with points for this cruise, own DVc and would wnat to rebook with points for next time think I can still get the discount?????

Any idea of DVC point discounts for Med repositioning August 2007? Also does anyone know i there is a On board credit for rebooking after you return?

kritter said:
What if I did not book with points for this cruise, own DVc and would wnat to rebook with points for next time think I can still get the discount?????
Bump! This is just what I wanted to know.

just bumping this to see if anyone has info ondiscounts of DVC points for med cruises or OBC.
Thanks

I found the pamphlet handed out on the ship -- I've not been successful posting it here. There are point charts which vary based on Category & season. The points chart for the Med cruises did not show any discounts but I'd call and check b/c the pamphlet itself only had 2006 dates that were released before April.

To answer one of the questions it states "If the desired cruise date is less than 11 months out you must call member services within three days of disembarkation to receive the onboard discount; Onboard offer rates are available for up to 14 months in advance; for cruise dates 14 to 12 months in advance call member services no sooner than 11 months prior to the actual cruise dates."

There is nothing that indicates you must be currently cruising on points to get the OBC offer.

bridgemanva said:
To answer one of the questions it states "If the desired cruise date is less than 11 months out you must call member services within three days of disembarkation to receive the onboard discount; Onboard offer rates are available for up to 14 months in advance; for cruise dates 14 to 12 months in advance call member services no sooner than 11 months prior to the actual cruise dates."
This brochure is out of date. In April, DVC removed the time limit on booking cruises. DVC points can now be used to book any cruise available for sale, regardless of the date.

kritter said:
You can use DVC points for the onboard offer even if you didn't use your DVC points for that cruise. Since the manager onboard doesn't have access to the DVC system, you need to call DVC within 3 business days to book the discount. It's not longer available starting on the 4th day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter