• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reasonably priced tickets to the Lion King and Radio City Christmas Show?

momtofour

Mouseketeer
New York City friends please help! My husband is taking our 16 year old daughter to New York City for her birthday on December 19th. I am starting to search for tickets to The Lion King and the Radio City Music Hall show. I am a little overwhelmed as to how to find a reputable broker for reasonably priced tickets! (if there is such a thing!!) Could anyone recommend a great online broker? And, what can I expect to pay for these tickets? Thanks so much!!

This may or may not help, but a couple of years ago we went to NYC at Christmas time with dh's work, which included hotel and shows (both the Lion King and RCMH)--it was all a package deal. Have no idea what the cost was, but assume it was cheaper as a package. That said, I think I would contact a travel agent and see if they have anything like that, especially theatre only. (One time when I went to London, my travel agent was able to add on a theatre package which was great). So much easier than trying to do it all yourself.

Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

I hope this info helps.

I would suggest going directly to www.radiocity.com and following the link under "Box Office" to see the info on the Chistmas show. There will be a link to Ticketmaster. I just did a quick check for you and they have tickets available for the 5:30 showing on 12/19 for a total of $87.10 each. We've been going to New York for the show the last three years and I have found dealing directly with Ticketmaster was the most reasonable way to go.

As far as the Lion King, I do not think they run a show during the month of December. I have researched tickets for that time frame in the past and there were never any show dates available between Thanksgiving and the New Year. Perhaps I am wrong with this and another poster may be more helpful.

I know the ticket prices for the Lion King run about $125 when dealing directly through the box office. My husband and I saw it in New york a few years ago and it was spectacular. I really want our kids to see it so we are planning to take them to a showing in Baltimore this summer. Ticket prices are less than 1/2 the amount to see it in New York, and from what I've been told, the travelling Broadway shows are very good. I'm not sure where you live, but check out www.broadwayacrossamerica.com to see if the show will be coming to a city near you.

Good Luck with your planning, I Love NY!!!!!

Helene

I wouldnt go through a broker, go directly through the box office or ticketmaster. You can also go to the ticket booth in the middle of Time Square? but they only sell tickets for the that day's next performance and you need to get there early! but if they have them available they are cheap! but you also need cash ( if you are intersted email me and I'll give you all the info....(tiggger@impulz.net

Try theatermania.com - they sometimes have discounts - you have to pay $3 I believe to actually get the codes but it can be worth it.

Leslie

I was able to get matinee tix at the TKTS booth for the Radio City Christmas Show. (it was during the week though)

Never buy theatre tickets through a broker unless you simply MUSThave tickets to a certain performances on a certain day & it's sold out -- & then be prepared to pay through the nose. Try hitshowclub.com. They are the company that produces the two-fers (which are actually no longer 2 for the price of one). You can, of course, also go to the TKTS booth (Bway at 47th St.) -- they take only cash & travellers' checks, but don't count on getting LK tix that way. Maybe, but it's a crap shoot. The one at South St. Seaport sells matinee tix the day before. I am not a proponent of Ticketmaster because of their outrageous service charges & their unreliability -- they'll tell you ANYTHING to sell a ticket, whether or not it's true. Same w/ Tele-charge. (Disclaimer: I work in Bway theatres & I hear from disgruntled ticket buyers ALL THE TIME.)

Not knowing your daughter, btw, I'm not sure if either show would be esp. good for her at 16. You might also try Hairspray or The Producers or Phantom of the Opera.

I hope they have a wonderful time.

i DON'T THINK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET lION kING TICKETS for a the box office price on such short notice. They are sold out for several months. The RKO show will probably be easier to get because they have several shows each day.

Buy One Ticket, Get One FREE to any non-peak performance of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular!

Click here to purchase your tickets and use promotion code GARDEN.

http://www.thegarden.com/boxoffice.jsp

another code B1G1 Free "DMSANTA" and for $51 tickets if you need an odd number "SAVE6" Both are good until Jan 2, 2005

If you have an AMEX you might be able to get tickets for %50 off. I got the $68 in the 1st mezz (the floor was sold out) for $34 each using the ticketmaster site and the code (GARDEN)
for 11/12 at 7:30.... Good Luck!

Originally posted by LisaNJ25
Buy One Ticket, Get One FREE to any non-peak performance of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular!

Click here to purchase your tickets and use promotion code GARDEN.

http://www.thegarden.com/boxoffice.jsp

another code B1G1 Free "DMSANTA" and for $51 tickets if you need an odd number "SAVE6" Both are good until Jan 2, 2005

GARDEN and DMSANTA are both saying "not in system." I tried a weekday non peak performance. Where may I ask did you get the codes?

OK got DMSANTA to work but it's for November only, not December, and the seats were nosebleeds. Anyone know any codes good for December?

I have an Entertainment card, and used the code EPS. I got $10 off the price of each ticket for a Friday performance in December. I thought the offer was for BOGO, but the sales person told me that it would not be good for December performances, so I had to settle for the $10 off/ticket.

I probably should add that I purchased these about a month ago, so I don't know what's left now, but my seats are really good ones up close to the front, a little to the left of the stage.

I live in NJ and go every year to see the Xmas show. It will be pretty hard to get discounted tickets (with good seats) this late in the year for a show so close to Xmas. That said, although the show is about 1 1/2 hrs., it is worth every penny, especially if you don't get to NY often. As far as the Lion King show: it was good but I personally liked Beauty and the Beast much better (especially for younger children). I saw B & B twice and loved it both times. (Although, I have to mention that I saw Lion King on Sept. 15, 2001, and was crying the whole way to the theater after looking at 9/11 "Missing Persons" flyers, so I think I wasn't really able to appreciate it the way I normally would have.)
Also, with B & B, I am always seeing discount coupons around for those, and I'm pretty sure you could probably get them the day of at TKTS in Time Square.

I would love to see the Beauty and the Beast show in December! The weekend I'm going (Dec. 3rd), seems to be a busy weekend, as the hotel room rates are out the roof! What's the chance of there being tickets at the TKTS booth for this show that weekend?

The reason that the rooms are mostly sold out for that weekend is that that is the weekend leading into the day that the tree is lit at Rockerfeller center.

Will the tree be lit on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday? I thought the lighting was the weekend before, so now I understand about the crazy room rates.

Originally posted by summerrluvv
GARDEN and DMSANTA are both saying "not in system." I tried a weekday non peak performance. Where may I ask did you get the codes?

OK got DMSANTA to work but it's for November only, not December, and the seats were nosebleeds. Anyone know any codes good for December?

Summer,

I got the Codes form the MC board.

Of course my mother just called me to find a deal on 6 tickets to any morning show in Dec and I cant get it to work either ahhhhh:mad:

Originally posted by LisaNJ25
Summer,

I got the Codes form the MC board.

Of course my mother just called me to find a deal on 6 tickets to any morning show in Dec and I cant get it to work either ahhhhh:mad:

Every code I find isn't good for December, grrr!! I got all excited to see one in my entertainment book, but then looked at the back and all the shows are in November.

I'll let you know if I find anything!!

What is the MC board? How about tickets for Lion King...any good links for that? Discount codes?

We went into the city Saturday, and we were able to get nosebleed seats in the second mezz for $24.00 each, obstructed view for the 6:30PM show. The walkup rate was $84. They were not bad seats, we were to the left of the sound studio. You could see and hear everything..you just couldn't make out the faces. We sure did enjoy the Rockettes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter