• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reasonable Eating

Danielle1971

Mouseketeer
My husband and I decided that we will not be buying the Dining Plan and it isn't being offered for free during the time of our stay. :(

What places in the parks would you recommend that is pretty reasonable and GOOD! I have 2 children as well.

Any suggestions, would be great.

My husband and I decided that we will not be buying the Dining Plan and it isn't being offered for free during the time of our stay. :(

What places in the parks would you recommend that is pretty reasonable and GOOD! I have 2 children as well.

Any suggestions, would be great.

Wolfgang puck express in DTD has amazing food and huge portions.

that would depend on what you like
I liked quick service meals - buffets for breakfast if you are wanting to do character meals

there is just about everything in the World so it depends on what you want

Kona Cafe - Breakfast. Can get out of there for ~$15 pp and it's very good. I don't like breakfast though, so that's my only opinion there :p.

The Plaza at MK is relatively inexpensive (for a Disney TS location) and is quite good. It's an especially good value for Dinner (moreso because other nearby locations are quite higher for dinner).

If looking for any character meals, focus on breakfast to save some cash. Quite often they are actually almost the the reasonable range for breakfasts for adults (e.g. TH was around $18 a couple years ago, while that's gone up for sure, it's still on the low end for character meals).

Via Napoli can also work, as since you're off the dining plan, you can split a large pizza among a few people. Even if it's in the $30 range, splitting that 4 ways really brings the cost per person down!

Our favs -
Cyrstal Palace breakfast
Tusker House breakfast
Via Napoli

for QS -
Comsic Rays (chicken/green beans)
Columbia Harbour House
Sleepy Hollow Waffle Sandwiches
Tangeriene Cafe (usually enough to share)
Flame Tree BBQ
Sunshine Seasons

If your kids are young, H&V is decent for breakfast also.

I second Kona and Tangierine Cafe. I also think that Rose and Crown is relatively reasonable for table service (take advantage of eating there for dinner since the prices are basically the same as lunch).

The little bakery on Main Street in MK has some really good breakfast options. I agree with others about the Tangerine Cafe and Wolfgang Puck Express. Both are great! :)

We just got back last month and the only restaurant that my 2DD's asked to go back to was the Plaza at MK. We all 4 loved it. Good food and prices. That will be on our list whenever we go back. Very good.

Don't be afraid to share meals. Also the kids meals add up. We ate at via napoli and just ordered pizza for us all (kid meal was like $9 here) we got 2 large for our family of 6. It was about $70 with drinks and tip. We also drank more water this time. Soda is about $3 a meal, we opted to skip it.

We also brought breakfast stuff, we loved th special K bars and th kids ate granola bars.

So via Napoli is one. I would suggest

Along with Columbia Harbor House, dh and I shared the chicken and fish basket.

my votes would be for wolfgang puck express if you're in the area, via napoli, teppan edo, raglan road, and the plaza. when we're not on the dining plan and i go with just my sister or my 22 y/o daughter we often share meals so doing an 1-2 apps, share an entree, and maybe share a dessert even at a signature venue is reasonable.

Thank you all for the great ideas. We do have our favorites already booked. Tusker House for breakfast, Chef Mickey's for dinner & Teppan Edo for dinner. We really enjoyed these places and the food is so GOOD!

I do plan on packing snacks to tie them over. It can get quite pricey to just grab a quick snack.

I eat alot of salads and like to eat healthy but i'm on vacation and will have to go with the flow. Any good salads throughout the parks? I'm a chicken kabob kind of girl!

Does anyone know about the Mickey pretzels? I thought i saw it on TV a while back. If so, where are they in the park?

World Showcase has lots of CS and TS options, depending upon what you and your family like.

Also, the resorts have many options, and I particularly like the Grand Floridian Cafe. It's a nice respite from Magic Kingdom and is just a short monorail ride away. Gasparilla's, the CS at the Grand Floridian, also is good and is a cheaper option.

My all-time favorite for quality and value is Earl of Sandwich at DTD. Portions are huge, and everything is tasty! If you go, be sure to try the filled brownies; I'm partial to the peanut butter-filled chocolate brownie.

Via Napoli is awesome and the pizza can be shared. My DH and I share a salad or app. And 1 individual pizza . Price is reasonable. The bakery in France has Brie and either turkey or ham sandwhiches that are inexpensive and yummy .

Not sure where you're staying but I thought the Pop food court was very reasonable. We all loved the $5 Mickey waffle kids meals for breakfast. The bakery in Magic Kingdom is one of our favorite places. My kids & I all split one huge piece of chocolate cake for a snack. Breakfast was very reasonable. We didn't try one of the huge sandwiches but you could easily split those.

We walked around world showcase snacking & sharing. We should have started in Mexico with the chicken tacos & ended in France for dessert, though!

Cafeen said:
Kona Cafe - Breakfast. Can get out of there for ~$15 pp and it's very good. I don't like breakfast though, so that's my only opinion there .

The Plaza at MK is relatively inexpensive (for a Disney TS location) and is quite good. It's an especially good value for Dinner (moreso because other nearby locations are quite higher for dinner).

If looking for any character meals, focus on breakfast to save some cash. Quite often they are actually almost the the reasonable range for breakfasts for adults (e.g. TH was around $18 a couple years ago, while that's gone up for sure, it's still on the low end for character meals).

Via Napoli can also work, as since you're off the dining plan, you can split a large pizza among a few people. Even if it's in the $30 range, splitting that 4 ways really brings the cost per person down!

I agree with all these great suggestions. I also want to add WGPE marketplace location (not west side). INCREDIBLE food. big portions. Also earl of sandwich.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter