Reason to not do FP+?

buzzandzurg

Mouseketeer
DVC Gold
I have been offered FP+ for my upcoming trip. I know regular FP (which I prefer) is supposed to be excluded from use once you sign up for FP+. Obviously now you can use both. Would you opt in to FP+ now or not? I'm hoping to go in the Spring and Summer and want to use regular FP. Advice?

We had no idea what disney is planning. By summer old FP might be gone, so it is a moot point in that case. I see no reason to not sign up for FP+ at this point. We did it last week and it was great (but we still had access to FP-)

I would bet that by spring 2014, FP- will be gone. So it will be FP+ or nothing.

:sick:

This is the first time I have ever had some sense of dread for our yearly trip in June! Oh well...

Me too!! We travel to WDW every May and I don't want any part of the MagicBand/FP+ system. I don't want to plan my trip months in advance. My DH and I like to decide at breakfast what park we will visit.

My daughter just received MagicBands for her upcoming trip and I tried one on. I didn't like it at all. I hope they will offer AP holders a card because I definitely won't wear the MagicBand. I found it to be uncomfortable and in the heat I know I will find it annoying.

We are having this dilemma in our family. DH is in favor of accepting the invite to test but I am concerned about running into problems and losing time waiting to get them fixed. I'm leaning toward giving it a shot if we can still get regular FP now. We leave in 24 days!

My daughter just received MagicBands for her upcoming trip and I tried one on. I didn't like it at all. I hope they will offer AP holders a card because I definitely won't wear the MagicBand. I found it to be uncomfortable and in the heat I know I will find it annoying.

Anyone, not just AP holders, will have the option of using a card instead of a MB.

We are having this dilemma in our family. DH is in favor of accepting the invite to test but I am concerned about running into problems and losing time waiting to get them fixed. I'm leaning toward giving it a shot if we can still get regular FP now. We leave in 24 days!

I would bet that FP- will still be around in 24 days.

It's entirely possible that by spring or summer there will be no regular FP (meaning the machines that dispense paper fastpasses) to use.

It's entirely possible that by spring or summer there will be no regular FP (meaning the machines that dispense paper fastpasses) to use.

As a family that use many more FPs than 3 and has no smart phones, this statement actually makes me feel a bit ill!!! :worried:

They are very comfortable and you don't have to get a band if you don't want one. They are giving everyone cards and bands.

It is a test therefore they are still encountering problems. This does involve loss of time to deal with those. If you are not willing to experience that I would not recommend signing up to test.

In a week's time we have spent several hours dealing with issues. Of course as each day goes by, they are tweaking and it is getting better due to the testing.

Mine drove me crazy for about 2 days. Then I got used to it (we were there for 9 days). It took me a few days after we got home to get used to NOT having it on. I kept feeling my wrist and have that moment of panic thinking I lost my band. :laughing:

We lost an hour our first park day and some time the second. After that and dealing with managers who had no clue not cared apparently to figure things out we said screw it. It worked for everything incthe park- entry and buying things. Sometimes not for redeeming dining. So we used the kttw around the resort and to redeem dining (all table restaurants asked for the kttw anyways)

So even if there's a problem it's probably. Going to be resort. Park cms knew exactly what to do and it was done in no time. My 10 y/o band randomly wouldn't let her back in mk after going to chef mickeys. A band expert had it fixed before I even knew what happened. They're fast there. You lose time dealing with resort people.

So if there's an issue I'd only worry about it in park if you're worried about time loss. It's painless there.

Also, at DHS the second day we had issue paying for Hollywood and vine through dining pan. DHS got it fixed ASAP. Meanwhile I was still on the phone with a manger who basically said she didn't care to fix it because it was beta... That's when I said we are done with you lol.

I know the resorts are still learning and this helps them, but I'd only deal with them one time- if they don't figure it out, get things figured out in the parks. .

I'm eager to experience the band and FP+, but am extremely worried about having to waste time when things aren't working correctly. I do realize that's what the "testing period" is all about ... but still :sad2:

Glad to hear that in the parks they are fast to rectify problems

It is possible that regular paper FPs might be completely phased out by time your trip comes around. But for me, the downside to FP+ is we are go with the flow people so I do not like the pre-trip planning (we would probably do it during our trip instead) and we are avid parkhoppers....the one park per day is the killer for us and I really hope they change this by time they roll out the full version.

I'm eager to experience the band and FP+, but am extremely worried about having to waste time when things aren't working correctly. I do realize that's what the "testing period" is all about ... but still :sad2:

Glad to hear that in the parks they are fast to rectify problems

This was not the case for us. We had no problems at the resort and all our problems where at the gate to a park. We lost 2 hours at the Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter