REAS question - couples massage

gdulaney

<font color=deeppink>Another Konk Kooler please...
Has anybody done the couples massage? How was it? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
Ginny

We just returned from a cruise on which we had booked the REAS package. The couples massage was great. When I booked the package they asked which type of massage we wanted - Spa Taster or Well-being, though when we got to the spa they ask you again and will let each person do the one they want. (One person could get the well-being and the other person could get the Spa Taster. You don't have to do the same one.)

** Just a note for those with nut allergies. The massage oils used by the spa are all nut based oils, so if you have this type of allergy you will need to bring your own oils. This is what I had to do.

Also, if you don't want a sales pitch, just write "No Sales Pitch" on the bottom of your information form you fill out when you arrive at the spa. We did this and we did not receive any sales pitch.

We did the REAS package along with the couples massage. It truly was great.
I'd done a couples massage once before elsewhere, and this was far better.
Depending upon the new costs I will do it again on our next cruise.

Cheers,
Grumbo

We did the couples massage for the 3rd time on our cruise this past April. This was the first time we had the massage included with the REAS package and as a result, we had the massage on the ship.

You have a choice of a full body massage or the spa taster. We have always picked the spa taster as the scalp massage is just "heavenly". The massage rooms on the ship are quite small but there is room for two people.

You go into the room, the girls tell you a few instructions and you are asked to remove all clothing and jewellry above the waist (you can leave the bottom of your bathing suit on). They give you a towel to cover up with and ask that you lay on your stomach. They leave and return a few minutes later.

If you prefer a softer more kinder massage, just tell them. Don't be afraid to let them know how much pressure you want.

The only other piece of advice I can give you is book the massage early in the cruise so that a sunburn doesn't take away from the total relaxation you will attain!

I still think that the Spa should offer to wheel you out on that massage table afterward and pour you into a poolside lounge chair. WHY they expect you to be able to walk after the massage is beyond me....;)

I agree. Last year I stumbled out...with a stupid grin and no feeling in my legs. :)

Here's a new one for ya -- if we book REAS, can my husband just get two massages instead of us getting the couple's massage?

Reason: we want to book REAS to get our Palo reservations and champaign brunch, etc. However, I can't have a massage because of arthritis -- there are too many areas that can't be touched due to tenderness and swelling, so it wouldn't be worth it. So I was wondering if he could just have both massages (on two different days, of course).

Anyone ever do that? Thanks.

Yes he can. Number of people have done that.
It has to be chosen between the two offered in the package though.
Cheers,
Grumbo

Ok - so what do you wear if you do not have a two piece bathing suit? Underwear? I only have a one piece bathing suit.

Thanks,
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter