REAS Problem- Need Advise!

preb

DIS Veteran
I booked the REAS package and called Debbie today to confirm our arrangements. Now, keep in mind this is for a 4 day Wonder in November.

The only spa times she had available for a couples massage were 8 am or 8 pm on either the Nassau day or the day at sea or 1 or 2 pm on Castaway day.

Since getting up at 8 am on vacation isn't my idea of fun and 8 pm isn't an option due to dinner/shows, that leaves Castaway day. As this is always our favorite day of the cruise and we're sailing with our DD5, it isn't really an option, either.

The massage itself isn't a big deal to my DH. He would be perfectly happy to spend an hour alone in our cabin while my DD is in the club! (wink, wink)

Would you just cancel the package completely? We can still do Palo for dinner. I'll just have to stand in line once we get onboard. Come to think of it, I'll be standing in line anyway to make brunch reservations for the day at sea, as Debbie isn't able to do that on the 4 day sailings.

I think I just answered my own question, but would love to hear what anyone else thinks!:crazy:

I'd cancel if you can't really use the spa treatments at a convenient time. Although, on Nassau day Disney might run a matinee of the show, so that would free up the evenning spaappointment.

Another consideration is the dining rotation... is that important to you?

I think I would cancel too. Why pay for something when you're not really getting a benefit out of it. Personally, I am not at all fussy about which dining rotation I am on. If you don't care about that, and you don't mind the initial ressie rush, then save the money!
Barb

What about just doing the massages seperately? When we did ours, Debbie told me it was a couples massage, but when they came to get us we were actually in seperate rooms. I didn't really care since I don't like talking during the massage. Maybe the could accommodate you seperately and then you would each have one on one time with your child while the other does the massage.

I'd cancel no question. Like a previous poster stated..why pay for something you are not going to use. And since you will be in the line for other reservations at Palo's...you may as well make dinner then also. Even getting the dinning rotation...can't be worth that much $$ to justify paying for the REAS package and not using the services.

I think you did just answer your own questions..if you have to stand in line anyway for the brunch ressie, it is just as quick to make the Palo ressie while you are there.

As far as massages..probably more spots open after you arrive on the ship, cancellations, no shows, etc.

that's the only drawback of REAS - Debbie isn't given a lot of time slots for booking the massages. We had to take a 5:45pm time (and we'll have Main seating for dinner), so we're going to miss our rotational dining that night & the show (because we'll do Palo at 9pm). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter