REAS Plan

AURxTiger

Earning My Ears
I am thinking about adding REAS Plan to our reservations on the Magic (July 17-24) Western itinerary. I was looking on the DCL site and it says every guest has to have the package. We are taking our DS's (5 and 2). I was wondering if we have to book them it this package too? It would be silly since they cannot go to Palo or need/want a massage.

I have been lurking here for months but this is my first post. Thanks to everyone for all the great info.

I just booked this package yesterday for our 4/17/04 eastern.
My DD(6) is in the room with us. It doesn't matter if you have 0 kids or 6 kids with you. How it works is this.

Palo is only for the 2 of you- No difference as it's adult only anyway.

The spa treamnets are for the 2 of you- again kids don't get spa treaments.

The basket that comes to yoru room as champ. and choc. The kids would love to help you eat the choc. I am sure.

The Champage Breakfast in bed, come with 2 glasses of champage or mimosa, other than that you can order 10 danishes if you like. (I spoke to Debbie from DCL yesterday about this), she said the only items limited to 2 on the breakfast menu are the champage drinks. Other than that since food is unlimited on a curise you can order what ever you like from the menu.

As far as the turn down service I have heard from many people to leave the kids in the clubs after dinner and enjoy your room (wink)

The price of the package is $299 flat,

There was a thread yesterday of the value of this.

I belive it is worth it, ONLY IF YOU WERE PLANNING ON EATING AT PALOS AND DOING SOME SPA TREAMENTS.
My hubby isn't into the spa thing so I was told it wouldn't be a problem to speak to the spa and have instead of the couples massages get a spa tester 89.00, and well being massage $89.00
This worked out perfect for me as I was plannign on these two treaments anyways.

We were planning on doing the dinner at Palos, anyway, so that's included

I was planning on sendign a champage basket to our room for arrival. This was goign to be $50.00-$60.00

Now we get all that, plus our we could pick our dinner roatation, (priceless), and now don't have to do the ressie 500.

Does anyone know whether you have to specify the day for your Champagne Breakfast ahead of time or can you wait till you board and know your dining rotation so as to avoid the character breakfast?

Originally posted by KEH
Does anyone know whether you have to specify the day for your Champagne Breakfast ahead of time or can you wait till you board and know your dining rotation so as to avoid the character breakfast?

You pick the morning by putting the special door hanger menu out the night before. :)

See my photos at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=506211 to get an idea of the breakfast and such.

Just thought of another question. Can you take the bottle of champagne to Palo or one of the dining rooms during the day and ask them to chill it for you so that you can have it with dinner?

Failing that, does the room chiller get it cold enough?

Sorry, that's 2 questions.

What a good idea! You could also ask your stateroom hoste/ess to get you ice and put it in that yourself before dinner. We didn't do this, as we're both the sort that after on glass of champagne, we get a headache with more...so instead we took a bottle of Camus with us that we had brought from home, and opened that at dinner. ($15 corking fee, but it was a $100 bottle of wine, so we made out there. *wink*) That didnt' need chilling as it was red.

Helpful sort, aren't I? ;)

Very helpful. Thank you.

I assume you wouldn't have to pay a corkage fee on the champagne if you took it along as you had purchased that from DCL?

From what I understood, yes, that's right...if you get the wine on board, the corking fee does not apply. At least that's how it works in restaurants everywhere else! *grin*

I just booked this for our next cruise. Sounded just to good to pass up. - Mike

"From what I understood, yes, that's right...if you get the wine on board, the corking fee does not apply. At least that's how it works in restaurants everywhere else! *grin*"

Don't count on this - I have read posts from people who WERE charged the $15 - including one person who received a bottle from DCL as a comp for a problem and still paid the $15 in the dining room....after all, how can they tell you got it aboard or brought it from home -I would think the enforcement would vary

Barbara

We had the REAS last month on the Magic. I called ahead to Palo's about the Champagne and they did confirm that since the bottle came from DCL there is no corking fee. I put the bottle in the refrig but it wasn't very cold. When we got to Palo's I handed the bottle of Korbel to the Maitre'D and he immediately said he would swap it out for a cold bottle.

michael

Hey Camickey (Mike), DH and I booked this for our cruise too, but aren't sailing until May.

You MUST post a report here after you return.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter