REAS is it really worth the extra money?

j_cwayman

Mouseketeer
Hi all!! We just got notice that the 2008 REAS is available and it is $325. We were wondering for those who have done it before is it worth the extra money and normally what do you get with it! Thanks all for your help!!:surfweb:

The price went down? Did the package change?

According to DCL's website, the 2007 rates:

Price: Add $339* per couple to any 3-, 4- or 7-night Disney Cruise Line® package.
* Romantic Escape package must be booked or cancelled at least 30 days prior to sailing. Options available for travel through 12/30/07. Package components and pricing subject to change.

The price went down? Did the package change?

According to DCL's website, the 2007 rates:

Price: Add $339* per couple to any 3-, 4- or 7-night Disney Cruise Line® package.
* Romantic Escape package must be booked or cancelled at least 30 days prior to sailing. Options available for travel through 12/30/07. Package components and pricing subject to change.

Where did you find out this on the website? I can never find anything about it and if I search for it I get everything BUT what I'm looking for. Thanks!! :thumbsup2

I just booked it for my parents (it will be their anniversary) in October 2008 and the price was $359. In order to find any information on it, I had to pretend to book a reservation, and when it came to the page where you can select your dinner seating, it is way on the bottom of the page, click on it and the information should come up.

i'm sorry i mis qouted the price it is $355 i was just wondering if it is worth the extra money. :surfweb:

Where did you find out this on the website? I can never find anything about it and if I search for it I get everything BUT what I'm looking for. Thanks!! :thumbsup2

You can also go to the home page, click on reservations, and then click on packages on the left hand side. It will bring you to a list of the available packages, (all 4 of them:rolleyes: ) and you can then click on the romantic escape link for more info. They still have only the 2007 info up.

I'd book it again, but I don't if it'll be offered for the Panama canal cruises.:confused3

OK Let me first say I consider myself an average tightwad but I love to bargain hunt.Thats why we did the DDP because I really liked seeing how much money I could save(getting the food was secondary).We are going on a cruise on Nov. 24 to celebrate our 25th anniversary.I ve been studying these boards and opinions for awhile and I booked the REAS 3 days ago.Here is how I figured I it:
cost $339 plus tax
what you get and cash value
1.$150 2 week long passes to the Tropical Rainforest Spa.Now I wont have to decide each day if I want to buy a day pass for 30 minutes(if thats all the time I have)Ill just go.
2.$90 for a romance basket which contains 2 robes,picture frame and chocolates. I have to have a robe.
3.$20 for an 8X10 picture not in the romance basket but will be in ours.
4.$20 for a night at Palo which is a must according to everything Ive heard.
5.$20 - $50 for a bottle of wine at dinner.
Total = $300-$330
Now you must decide if the rose petal turn down 1 night and a champagne breakfast in bed is worth the difference.
Since its my anniversary the answer is yes.Ive read about alot of people picking and choosing different aspects to save some money or to not be locked into anything.I want to be locked in because I will back out if Im not.
It is also all a surprise to my wife.I said something the other day to her about eating at Palo maybe and she couldnt believe I would spend the extra $20 dollars when we already can get all the food we want.So Im pretty sure she will really be surprised when she finds out I bought the whole package.

OK Let me first say I consider myself an average tightwad but I love to bargain hunt.Thats why we did the DDP because I really liked seeing how much money I could save(getting the food was secondary).We are going on a cruise on Nov. 24 to celebrate our 25th anniversary.I ve been studying these boards and opinions for awhile and I booked the REAS 3 days ago.Here is how I figured I it:
cost $339 plus tax
1.$150 2 week long passes to the Tropical Rainforest Spa.Now I wont have to decide each day if I want to buy a day pass for 30 minutes(if thats all the time I have)Ill just go.
2.$90 for a romance basket which contains 2 robes,picture frame and chocolates. I have to have a robe.
Total = $300-$330
Now you must decide if the rose petal turn down 1 night and a champagne breakfast in bed is worth the difference.
Since its my anniversary the answer is yes.Ive read about alot of people picking and choosing different aspects to save some money or to not be locked into anything.I want to be locked in because I will back out if Im not.
It is also all a surprise to my wife.I said something the other day to her about eating at Palo maybe and she couldnt believe I would spend the extra $20 dollars when we already can get all the food we want.So Im pretty sure she will really be surprised when she finds out I bought the whole package.

THANK YOU!!! My thoughts exactly!! How often do you get to be on an incredible floating city of a ship on your anniversary? And how often do us guys get to surprise our wives by ACTUALLY being romantic. So to get to come into a room and find a basket like that with everything it includes is well....
Cruise in the for a week in the Bahamas.............................$2000+
Extra REAS Package...............................................................$339
Getting to surprise your wife ony your anniversary.........PRICELESS!!!!

cost $339 plus tax
Total = $300-$330

If you were going to use/buy all the things listed, then it is well worth the money. I doubt that DH or I would ever use the Rainforest Room. If we do, it will only be a day or two and I can go there free on the days I use the spa. Honestly, the last thing I need is another picture frame. Plus I will get one in the Romance Basket I just ordered to be in the room. I did order a bottle of Iron Horse Brut "Fairy Tale Cuvée" Champagne for the room too ($46). And of course we will eat at Palo. So our total is only $156 for:

* The Romance Basket ($90)
* A Bottle of Champagne ($46)
* Palo reservations ($20)

For us the other extras just don't add up to the $183 difference. Man I could have a spa villa treatment too for just $16 more! Try surprising her with a spa villa too! :thumbsup2

For us the other extras just don't add up to the $183 difference. Man I could have a spa villa treatment too for just $16 more! Try surprising her with a spa villa too! :thumbsup2

ok, do what? How does the math add up to $16 for a spa villa??? popcorn::

Another advantage of REAS:
If paid in full, you can book Spa, Palo, Excursions, etc. at 105 days out (like those in the suites). Returning cruisers are 90 days, and new cruisers are at 75 days. We did it in 2005, and didn't think we'd do it again. But, in the end, we decided to.
Sean

You know, you can add up the dollar figures a gazillion times and it will never end up to be "A Deal". We did get the package on our cruise last Feb. The treats made the cruise feel very special......and pre-booking Palo as well as our other excursions was a huge bonus!
My opinion...It was a fabulous treat!! I doubt I will ever purchase it again but we really enjoyed every bit of it during our cruise! I LOVE my DCL robe...wear it each morning to drink my coffee, read the paper and check email....and think of the cruise each time I reach for it in the closet. DH never wore his robe...my mother snatched it her last visit!!;)

It is a wonderful treat!!:hug:

ok, do what? How does the math add up to $16 for a spa villa??? popcorn::

Vista Spa Villas Treatments
Alone Time
Enjoy a 50-minute spa treatment of your choice. Select from: La Thérapie HydraLift Facial, an Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Facial, an Elemis Deep Tissue Muscle Massage, a Swedish Massage, an Elemis Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with half-body massage or the Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction Program.

Available to book On-line.
Duration 105 min
Price $199

$183 + $16 = $199

After I pay for the Romance Basket, the Champagne, and Palo, I have $183 left from the $339. If I add $16, I have $199 for the spa villa. Or I could have a hot stone massage and have money left over. Hmmm.....

Another advantage of REAS:
If paid in full, you can book Spa, Palo, Excursions, etc. at 105 days out (like those in the suites). Returning cruisers are 90 days, and new cruisers are at 75 days. We did it in 2005, and didn't think we'd do it again. But, in the end, we decided to.
Sean

This was the only reason I had considered booking this package. But I decided to take my chances and still got everything I wanted at 90 days anyway.

Just to make sure everyone knows, you can have the same Romance Basket with the robes, chocolates, and frame waiting on your room for $90. I ordered it and the Champagne today. There's also a nice Bon Voyage package with Champagne, petit fours, and chocolate covered strawberries you can order. We had that on our last cruise and it was very nice.

It is the same basket but you also get the 8X10 photo certificate, which is not in the romance basket.

We did the Romance Package and it was worth every penny. We Loved to be pampered and to have our room FULL of rose petals from a big heart on the bed to all over the floor and in the tub filled with water and the sinks and the robes are very thick with the logo and long not short. They also made two hugh swans out of towels that looked like they were kissing in the middle of the rose heart.The Champagne breakfast was a treat and they set it up so beautiful with a vase and rose. The picture frame was OK but I did get a free 8 x 10 to put in it. We went to the Rain forest every day to enjoy the steam rooms. So we felt it was worth it for us and what the heck, when we go on vacation we don't pinch pennies we have fun! Our dinner at Palo's was great and instead of winw they let us have the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Curvee. SO if anyone is undecided, I say do it! :cheer2:

We did the Romance Package and it was worth every penny. We Loved to be pampered and to have our room FULL of rose petals from a big heart on the bed to all over the floor and in the tub filled with water and the sinks and the robes are very thick with the logo and long not short. They also made two hugh swans out of towels that looked like they were kissing in the middle of the rose heart.The Champagne breakfast was a treat and they set it up so beautiful with a vase and rose. The picture frame was OK but I did get a free 8 x 10 to put in it. We went to the Rain forest every day to enjoy the steam rooms. So we felt it was worth it for us and what the heck, when we go on vacation we don't pinch pennies we have fun! Our dinner at Palo's was great and instead of winw they let us have the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Curvee. SO if anyone is undecided, I say do it! :cheer2:

Thanks for this review! :thumbsup2

DH and I just added this package to our cruise right after Thanksgiving. This is our 1st time to cruise ever, and I figured all the added extra touches, plus the 105-day booking window, would be worth the extra $$.

I'm also so glad to hear that you could substitute the bottle of wine for champagne! Neither my husband nor I enjoy wine all that much, but I do love me some bubbly! :cloud9:

I just booked the Romantic Escape package for my spring 2008 cruise and the cost was $359.

cost $339 plus tax
Total = $300-$330

We didn't even use the rainforest spa the entire time and still felt like it was worth it.
I don't see how both robes and the other stuff is only worth $90.

AND you forgot to factor in how much it's worth it to you to be able to book Palo and other ressies at 105 days, especially if you're not a CC member. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter