REAS- Couple's massage

UGAFan0829

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if those of you that have done the couple's massage that's included with REAS could give me some input on it. I was thinking of booking it for our upcoming cruise, but was a little apprehensive about the massage part.
How "clothed" are you, so to speak. I'm very conservative and modest, so I would probably be a little uncomfortable if there was too much "bared". :earseek: I just want to make sure that the DH and I will be comfortable and enjoy it as neither one of us have ever had a massage!
TIA!

I haven't done the one on DCL (we'll be doing it sept 11) but I've had many massages in ATL. You can be as naked as you want to be. Some people will take off everything, some will leave underwear on. I wouldn't leave a bra on b/c it would affect them rubbing your back, shoulders, and neck. They have blankets on the tables that you get under and they will draw back the blanket just on the section they are working on. Also the people I've been too always leave the room for you to undress and get under the blankets. They also turn away when I've flipped from back to front. I've never had anyone make me feel uncomfortable. But you have to be able to relax and not get tense when they rub. Also tell them when the pressure is too hard or not enough or you don't want a certain section of your body done.

We're doing the couples massage also when we go in Oct. I had my first massage in WDW while on our honeymoon and now I get one every time I go on vacation. I'm pretty conservative also, and I'll admit it does feel weird at first but as the other post said, they usually give you the option to leave your underwear on if you want. But the massage people are very professional. I'm a guy and it's very relaxing to your body & muscles, I never felt any time I've gone that it went over the line or had any sexual connotations. I defintely reccommend it and enjoy it.

We did this as part of our REAS package-I had never had a massage before so I was pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. I opted for the massage/facial, DH had the massage. It really was wonderful. When you first enter the spa area,you fill out a questionnaire and then you are taken to separate change rooms where you change into a robe a slippers. Then you are taken to a room where there are two massage tables and they ask you to remove all your jewelery and get underneath this huge sheet. They leave the room while you do this and also at the end when you get redressed. I didn't feel comfortable totally disrobing and it was not a problem to leave your panties on. They only uncover as much as they need to work on at the time and then cover it back up when they move on to another part.
I adored my treatment (facial was sooo realxing) and would not hesitate to book another BUT when you fill out your questionnaire at the beginning put "No Sales Pitch Please" on it. You will get the hardsell for very expensive products at the end of your massage if you don't and it really wrecks the wonderful feeling you get from your massage.

I love massages and get one every chance I can get! They are very professional and make you feel at easy. You can request a male or female if you wish.

I always leave my underwear on. Even if you chose not to, the way they drap the sheet up so you can turn over seems to be "safe" enough.

Just take deep breaths, close your eyes and listen to the music.

Just a question but what is the point of a couples massage. I understnad both people getting a massage but for me I am almost asleep during a massage (from being sooooooo relaxed) that I wouldn't care either way if my wife was there or not. I guess I am just wondering why couples versus two seperate massages.

jgmklmhem said:
Just a question but what is the point of a couples massage. I understnad both people getting a massage but for me I am almost asleep during a massage (from being sooooooo relaxed) that I wouldn't care either way if my wife was there or not. I guess I am just wondering why couples versus two seperate massages.

That's probably true, but I think I would feel way more comfortable if the DH was there with me, and I think the same would be true for him!

I prefer NOT to be with my husband because massages put him to sleep...and he SNORES!

As for being undressed, many people get their very first massage on a ship, so the therapists are used to dealing with shyness. They will make you feel very comfortable and maintain your modesty. Since I've had so many massages, I usually strip all the way, and they maintain privacy when you turn by holding the sheet to block you.

Barb

UGAFan0829 said:
I was just wondering if those of you that have done the couple's massage that's included with REAS could give me some input on it. I was thinking of booking it for our upcoming cruise, but was a little apprehensive about the massage part.
How "clothed" are you, so to speak. I'm very conservative and modest, so I would probably be a little uncomfortable if there was too much "bared". :earseek: I just want to make sure that the DH and I will be comfortable and enjoy it as neither one of us have ever had a massage!
TIA!

We are doing it in September. I will try to remember to tell you how it went for us. DH chose to do it during the sail away party. I guess that is ok since we will not have the kids with us. I just have never missed a sail away on any of my cruises. For some reason I love to stand by the verandah and watch the land go bye bye.

Hubby and I did the couples massage and loved it!! We were aprehensive at first about modesty, but they give you something to cover up with and are very professional. I never felt uncomfortable at all. We both did the spa taster, which is back, legs, feet, arms, then turn over and did face and shoulders, and scalp massage!! Oh my gosh it was so awesome!! Do be careful about the product sell....I fell into it and bought ALOT!! Overall, I say DO IT!!

How did you book the REAS, and is this the package that you got reservations as well as the message and a blanket. Do you feel it was worth it.

SoCal - you can add this additional package to your crusie at anytime. It includes a welcome aboard basket, couples massage, palo dinner, breakfast in bed (the menu is the menu that the cat 1-3 get which is a hot breakfast meal), also a romantic turndown the night of your palo dinner. Also you get to book all ressies at 105 days out which can be a good thing if you're a first time cruiser. Some of the first time cruisers on my cruise could not book palo and some spa treatments b/c they were full by the time they could do it.

daisy112878 said:
Also you get to book all ressies at 105 days out which can be a good thing if you're a first time cruiser. Some of the first time cruisers on my cruise could not book palo and some spa treatments b/c they were full by the time they could do it.

Actually, the DCL site states this about when you can book things:

Welcome to the place where you can register children for nursery or youth activities, reserve shore excursions or spa treatments, and make dining reservations at Palo — all online, before you board the ship for your Disney cruise. You can also view items that you have saved to your Wish List. Registration begins 105 days before embarkation for Concierge Level Guests (stateroom categories 1-3); 90 days before embarkation for Castaway Club members; 75 days before embarkation for first-time Disney cruisers. Be sure to return to this page then to take advantage of these benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter