Really Thinking about purchasing Please Help?

KELLY

DIS Veteran
I have a few questions I have talked to DVC already. Is SSR the only DVC for sale at this point? I think I read somewhere WLV are sold but are BWV or YCV available? There is a discount being offered at SSR not sure about others? Mary at DVC is sending my package and calling me on Tuesday. We are booked at Carribean Beach for April for 10 nights so we will purchase more than the 150 points. I was also wondering how long is memebership good for? I also read something about 12 extra years at SSR how does this work and how much extra is this? I also read that DVC doesn't show on your credit report is this ture? I can't imagine applying for credit and it don't show up? We have great credit so not worried about this but it is nice for debt to income I guess. I'm sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me. Also the discount for Annual passes is this good on the upgrade to water parks ?

Thanks for all the help

Kelly

Is SSR the only DVC for sale at this point?
Yes and no ...lol. Yes it is the only resort being offered to new members until Animal Kingdom gets announced to the general public.

No becuae if you want say Bwv and are adament to your guide that you will only buy that resort or you will buy resale you can get it

here is a discount being offered at SSR not sure about others?

SSR is the only resort with a discount right now. Sold out resorts do not have discounts

I was also wondering how long is memebership good for?
SSR 2054 sold out resorts 2042

I also read that DVC doesn't show on your credit report is this ture?
I believe a credit inquiry shows up since they look at your credit but they do not report to the big 3.

Also the discount for Annual passes is this good on the upgrade to water parks ?

Yes there is a DVC rate for Premium Aps

I hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction. Any more ask away.

My only advice to you (and I really wished I listened to it) is buy where you want to stay the majority of the time. Do not rely on the 7 on the window to get in the resort of your choice. As DVC grows your home resort is going to be real important.

Tom

I have a few questions I have talked to DVC already. Is SSR the only DVC for sale at this point? I think I read somewhere WLV are sold but are BWV or YCV available? There is a discount being offered at SSR not sure about others? Mary at DVC is sending my package and calling me on Tuesday. We are booked at Carribean Beach for April for 10 nights so we will purchase more than the 150 points. I was also wondering how long is memebership good for? I also read something about 12 extra years at SSR how does this work and how much extra is this? I also read that DVC doesn't show on your credit report is this ture? I can't imagine applying for credit and it don't show up? We have great credit so not worried about this but it is nice for debt to income I guess. I'm sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me. Also the discount for Annual passes is this good on the upgrade to water parks ?

Thanks for all the help

Kelly

SSR is the only ACTIVE resort they are selling but DVC usually has some of the other resort points in inventory but there are no discounts on those.

SSR has an end date of 2054, BCV, VWL, BCV, HH, OKW and VB are 2042. VAK will be 2057.

DVC does not show up on your credit however the original credit pull will.

Owning at a specific resort is only advantageous if you book at 11 months and are determined to only stay at a specific resort at a specific time. (Example BW view 2 BR during Food and Wine)

If you are more flexible then usually you can stay where you want when you want booking at the 7 month mark.

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks for the help. So if I buy SSR it will be mine until 2054 ? That would make me very old. Good thing for kids.

Thanks Kelly

The longer time frame is one of the reasons we purchased at SSR. Not so much for us, but for our kids (and maybe someday grandkids). The deed is willable, so we view it as part of our legacy.
Good luck with your decision!

Is SSR the only DVC for sale at this point?
Yes and no ...lol. Yes it is the only resort being offered to new members until Animal Kingdom gets announced to the general public.

No becuae if you want say Bwv and are adament to your guide that you will only buy that resort or you will buy resale you can get it

here is a discount being offered at SSR not sure about others?

SSR is the only resort with a discount right now. Sold out resorts do not have discounts

I was also wondering how long is memebership good for?
SSR 2054 sold out resorts 2042

I also read that DVC doesn't show on your credit report is this ture?
I believe a credit inquiry shows up since they look at your credit but they do not report to the big 3.

Also the discount for Annual passes is this good on the upgrade to water parks ?

Yes there is a DVC rate for Premium Aps

I hope I answered your questions to your satisfaction. Any more ask away.

My only advice to you (and I really wished I listened to it) is buy where you want to stay the majority of the time. Do not rely on the 7 on the window to get in the resort of your choice. As DVC grows your home resort is going to be real important.

Tom
What does the 7 on the window in your response mean? We just purchased in SSV last week and we are trying to find out as much info about DVC as possible.

You can book 11 months in advance at your home resort. You can book 7 months in advance at a non-home resort.

You can book 11 months in advance at your home resort. You can book 7 months in advance at a non-home resort.

Obviously, if the resort or room type is popular and relatively limited in quantity, it will book fast. Some people purchase a specfic resort in order to have the benefit of the booking window to get rooms.

Many people have had luck booking even the in demand rooms at in-demand types - but there is an element of luck where owning gives you an element of certainty. Also, as Tom points out, membership continues to grow every year - and the number of rooms at BCVs will be the same. So the demand is only going up, while the supply stays stable.

Generally it is believed:

Studios book first, then two bedrooms, than one bedrooms. Grand Villas also book fast, regardless of resort.

Friday and Saturday nights are easier to book than mid-week.

Standard Views at Boardwalk go first, than Boardwalk View, then preferred view.

Smaller resorts with fewer rooms (notably BCV and VWL) tend to book quicker than larger resorts (OKW and SSR).

Two queens in the second bedroom at BCV is difficult to reserve.

Certain resorts are popular at certain times of year - Epcot resorts during Food and Wine, VWL during the late Fall and Winter.

All resorts tend to be fully booked in Early December. There is a good deal of switching around at seven months - but the low points and Christmas decorations, plus conventions like Mousefest and the DVC member meetings, bring in DVCers in droves. Book your home resort and switch and don't plan on taking last minute trips at this time.

Thanks for the help. So if I buy SSR it will be mine until 2054 ? That would make me very old. Good thing for kids.

Thanks Kelly

Just saying hello, from a fellow Mainer and DVC member. We are very satisfied with our purchase. If you have any questions ask away.:)

is your home resort guaranteed at all, I realize place get booked up but if we were to attempt a res at our home resort would we recieve priority over other resort owners. Or is it first come first serve no matter where you own.

Thanks

Rob

is your home resort guaranteed at all, I realize place get booked up but if we were to attempt a res at our home resort would we recieve priority over other resort owners. Or is it first come first serve no matter where you own.

Thanks

Rob

You may book your home resort at 11 months out. Those who own at other resorts can book at 7 months out. That's your priority over other owners, that 4 month window.

There's no explicit guarantee that you'll get the reservation you want at 11 months, but unless you're trying to book a very limited room type like a BWV GV, or a BWV standard or Boardwalk view in the first couple of weeks of December, I think the vast majority of folks get what they want if they book at 11 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter