Really obvious question

Queenie

Mouseketeer
Sorry about this as it's probably a really stupid question but I want to be sure. We're staying onsite using rented points at BCV in Oct and will be on the DDP for the 1st time. I'll be calling to make my ADR's in April, when I call do I have to specify that we'll be on the plan or not? Also when we get to the restaurant do we need to tell the server at the beginning of our meal or just hand over our cards at the end like we would with a credit card to pay?

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

I am not sure but I would tell them while makeing your ADR. Also, when the server comes to your table, let them know. You can link a credit card to your room key and I would hate to see them charge your credit card and not your mela plan! Candice

You do not have to tell them when you call to make your ADR's, but they may ask. Whatever you tell them isn't set in stone--you can always change your mind, so don't worry about what you say.

Some restaurants will ask when you check in at the podium, at others your server will ask, and occasionally no one will ask. We always made sure to tell our server if no one else asked, because we wanted to be sure of what was and wasn't included (particularly what beverages were available).

And make sure to check your receipts at the end of your meal. They do sometimes make mistakes (charging wrong # of credits or charging to room instead of DDP), and it's really easy to fix there at the restaurant, but not as easy once you've left.

Have fun!

When making your ADRs they may ask for your room reservation #. Also, when ordering at TS, I might let the server know that We're on the DDP, and what I will be paying for OOP. Like a guest, or an extra entree and drink (in addition to 2DDp credits, since 3 aps and dessets is too much. In the 3 places where I will share, I can save my credits, for a nice late lunch before we drive home. I imagine that we can walk up at WCC at 2, or 3, but I could be WAY off there:confused3

last time we used it we told the server when we sat down that we were on the plan:) that usually led to a conversation on whats best to order of the menu:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter