Really no tank tops?

BStew

Mouseketeer
Hello, we leave next Feb. on a 7 night Wonder cruise. Do they still not allow tank tops for dinner dining? Most of my maxi dresses I want to pack have a "tank top" style top (not spaghetti strap though!) Will those be ok or should I start looking for short sleeve dresses/tops?

Hello, we leave next Feb. on a 7 night Wonder cruise. Do they still not allow tank tops for dinner dining? Most of my maxi dresses I want to pack have a "tank top" style top (not spaghetti strap though!) Will those be ok or should I start looking for short sleeve dresses/tops?

A dress is not the same as a tank top. I've worn strapless dresses at dinner with no problem. When a place says no tank top they normally mean a true tank top not dresses with thin straps. I would bring a shawl just in case you get cold but no reason not to wear those maxi dresses to dinner.

Disney themselves advertise thin straps at their Palo restaurant which is suppose to be upscale compared to the regular dining rooms so yes they are allowed.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 63

Disney has gotten way more lax on the dress code. However, you will be just fine.

As others have noted your dresses will be just fine. Although DCL says no tank tops and swim wear, we have seen men in both in the main dining rooms. Pretty much everything is allowed in.

While it's a fairly outdated term - I believe the term "tank tops" refers to those underwear, sleeveless jersey-type shirts.
EPTM.-Basic-Heather-Grey-Long-Tank-Top-_260976.jpg

Not what used to be termed "spaghetti straps" on sun dresses or tops
Bella-Ladies--1x1-Rib-Spaghetti-Strap-Tank-Top--white-

And I agree with MJ, I don't particularly care to see hairy armpits at dinnertime.

Most of my 'cruise' dresses are the thin strapped kind and I always wear a shrug if for no other reason than the dining room can be chilly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter