Really need some WISH motivation

kamgen

DIS Veteran
So, it has been WAY too long since I have posted here. I was here back when this WISH forum was new and was successful with my weightloss and met so many great DISers. Well, years and two kids later, I am in desperate need of that fight, drive and motivation that I had so many years ago. Was just hoping I could get a nice kick in the butt from fellow WISHers.:goodvibes

I know I need to exercise and eat better....I know. I just lack the motivation to get moving....

HELP!
Thanks!!!!:flower3:

Best of luck on your journey. I am starting over (again) since putting on massive weight after relocating back to the PNW. It will be nice to check in here and work my way through it all with others.

(((Kamy))) :wave: hi my friend!!

so glad to see you here!!

Every journey starts with a single step.. So let's get out there and take that first step!!!! You can do it!!! See if you have any pictures that you really liked from a few years ago, and make sure they are out so you can see them.. You know you can do it, you've done it, those pictures may help you!!! GO GO GO!!!

ohmom- so nice to see you!!!!! Hugs!!!

Thanks everyone. I am just so unmotivated and cannot shake it. UGH!!!! I know how to do this, just have this overwhelming lazy feeling and it is awful.

Once you start moving, it will be much easier to keep moving. If I go more than a day without exercise, it is so hard to make myself get back to it.

i just got my kick in the rear today..annual dr. appt..cholesterol horribe..blood pressure horrible..fasting blood sugar horrible..30lbs overweight (which i knew) anyway know your numbers and take the steps to be healthy..scared straight works! you can do it..your family is counting on it!

I am not so motivated too. When I try something on in my closet that doesn't fit, it's easy for me to tell myself "ugh, I should really work out" or when I'm serving up dessert, I say to myself "I don't really need to eat this" then shove a huge crumb into my mouth.

This week, I decided that Michael Jackson's lyrics are right - I'm starting with the (wo)man in the mirror! (I actually heard that song while washing my car and it just happened to strike me at the right disgusted with my weight time).

So, this week, I've gotten up early every day and done 28 mins of working out (Jillian Michaels 30 day shred). I hate doing it, and I hate thinking I could be up sleeping in right now instead of sweating my butt off, but then I think about how good it will feel to show up at my best friend's wedding this fall and see people he'll inevitably invite who I haven't seen since high school. It will be good to see them look me up and down and think "hm, she hasn't put on the 40 lbs that everyone else we graduated with has." etc, etc. I think about how good it will feel to put on a 2 piece swim suit and not have the little indentations in my fat where the bottoms are too tight. I think about how awesome it'll feel to fit into my box of "skinny clothes" that I refuse to drop off at Goodwill. I think about how great it will be to shag balls and run bases for DD's softball team next season, and not be all out of breath. I think about wearing jogging clothes out and someone looking at me and thinking "hm, maybe I should start running" because whenever I see someone out at the grocery on their way home from the gym, that's the kind of stuff I think about them.

Every workout puts you a step closer to who you want to be - mentally and physically. So put on your workout clothes and get out there! Every step, every situp, every pushup... it all adds up and gets you to the body you want to have.

Be the change you'd like to see in yourself and in the world. :goodvibes

Are you pumped??? GET OUT THERE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter