Angelrose's Journey

Oh minniecarousel, that is such good news about your sister. I'm so happy to hear that.

I'm almost finished my book and have started to read the beginning of a book on my Kindle. I do love it. I have started a list of books that I want as soon as they come out. One isn't even published yet, and the other isn't due out until the end of November. So I have plenty of time to get started on reading the books that Chuck downloaded for me.

We had rain this morning so I didn't get a chance to swim at all. I was so lazy. I spent most of the day watching dvds and reading. Tomorrow I hope to get in some walking at Storybook Land with the grandkids. I do feel better when I've had some exercise.

:yay: So glad you finally got your Kindle and that you're loving it! Told ya! :teeth: I download books nearly every day, depending on what I can find for free.

Sorry to hear you had to miss your swim today. Sometimes it's nice just to have a relaxing day, though. My DH and I spent the day shopping and working in the yard. Believe me, I'd rather have been reading and watching DVDs! :upsidedow

Have fun with the grands tomorrow. ;)

Thanks BearcatsFan. I have over 70 books in my Kindle right now. That should last a while. I have a few series that I have been following for years and lots of scifi stories. I also have 50 Shades of Gray to re read and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo to re read.

Hopefully I'll be able to get in the pool on Monday. It's getting to that time of year when I can only get in the pool in the afternoon when it has warmed up. I have some solar heaters that do a great job, but the sun only gets to them around noon. Sad to say but I probably only have a month left before I have to close it up for another year.

Then it's back to my exercise dvd and walking. Not as much fun as swimming. But it does the job.

Tomorrow looks like the weather will cooperate for going to Storybook Land with the grandkids. I love it as much as they do. (We'll keep that part a secret)

I had a great time at Storybook Land with Jesse and Zoey. I thought you would like to see this picture Karen took of us sitting in a big book chair. You can't see all of it, but behind us in a huge state of Mother Goose.

ry%3D400

Looks like you all had a great time!

One week and I'll be back to work (I work half-time at a high school). I can't believe the summer is just about over!

Good afternoon ladies!

This summer is flying by, I've been away from the computer so much I feel like I will never get caught up.

We went to a Toby Keith concert Friday night, it was great - we go every year. :cool1: We also saw Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes last Monday - we've been fans since the '80's.

Saw many free concerts this year in Ship Bottom, NJ - it's been a whirlwind.

Next month I'll have to start thinking about my Disney trip with my two sisters - we leave on October 25th. They haven't been in over 15 years :sad2:

Hope everyone is enjoying what is left of this summer :flower3:

minniecarousel, we did have a great time yesterday.

I can't believe it's already back to school time.

snappyd, glad you enjoyed your concert. I know the summer is close to the end because I haven't been in my pool in three days! It's either been raining or cloudy and too cool to get in. I feel like such a slug. Wonderful that you are going to Disney in October. I want all the details as soon as you come back.

Tomorrow is my pirate day at the daycare. I've got my camera out to bring and hope that the teacher will take some pictures.

I will have two more occasions to wear my pirate outfit this year. One is for the Pirate and Princess birthday party for the grandkids at the end of September and the other is for Halloween. I do love being a pirate. pirate:

I can't wait to see pics of Pirate Day at school! Sounds like so much fun :thumbsup2 It does seem that July is the better summer month the past few years - August gets cloudy and cooler - so sad how fast it went by. Hope everyone has a great day!

Angelrose love that Storybook Land photo of you, sweet Jesse, and Zoey :lovestruc. Know it was fun, you all look so happy! :)

'Captain Grandma' Angelrose, bet you had fun and kids loved your story time :thumbsup2. Hope you share photos! Wonderful how you enjoy life to the fullest! ::yes::

snapppyd, glad you are busy enjoying summer...Toby is one of my faves...concert must have been such fun! :rockband:

minniecarousel, relieving news about your sister and send prayers for a successful treatment. My dear mom is an 18yr BC survivor, so this kind of pain hits home. :hug:

Ladies, say it isn't so....but I think this Nana is worn out from summer ;)!! Along with enjoying helping with sweet grands, I also do day care :).... and think I am definitely r.e.a.d.y for school to start :teeth:. To wind things down, last week-end we enjoyed a fun trip with our teen grands to Annapolis Mall for shopping and dinner :goodvibes. This week-end our N.C. DD3 and grands stopped in on return from New York city for nice visit and get together with family for back to school celebration with them :goodvibes. Yesterday we took our 5 youngest grands and day care kiddies to Cracker Barrel for back to school luncheon, followed by McFlurries :p. Oh, not to leave out our long distance grands....sent them all tshirts. :goodvibes

Definitely love and enjoy every moment of it all puckerup:...but can you say Calgon take me away...lol. :boat:

Be that as it may ~ soon as I catch my 'second wind' I'll be ready for Autumn, fun Pumpkin Farm trip, grands sports activities! :cool:

4nana - busy, busy, busy! But ya gotta find a balance! (sounds like fun though!)

Now that the inside of our house is done, we're starting work on the outside. We've gotten estimates for all new fencing (and we have a corner lot - lots of fencing!). We'll compare notes with the neighbors and hopefully, we can all come to a consensus.

DH & I are going to Lake Tahoe for my birthday in October. It means taking off a Monday and going to work late on that Tues, but it's the only thing we could arrange with our time-share. We were so distracted this year with our remodel, that we let it slide. DVC is so easy to use, you can always bank points. With our Hyatt T/S, if we don't use it, we'll lose it.

Anxiously awaiting to hear how "Captain Grandma" did today!

I had such a wonderful time at Pirate Day.

I got there a few minutes before 10:30. They had a sign welcoming Captain Mary. The teacher introduced me and said that I had fought Captain Hook and WON. I fought Captain Bligh and WON. Who knew?? I welcomed the kids with AHOY MATEYS. Welcome to my ship the Fairy Wind. She's the fastest ship in Galloway Township.:rotfl:

Then I sat down and read them two books. One was Eloise the Pirate and the other one was The Night Before Christmas, pirate style. It was really cute.

Then I passed out cookies and one of the teachers took pictures.

Here they are

{img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2d600b3127ccef0bfb4d6c8d700000030O00Bbs27hu1YsQe3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The little boy in the orange shirt on my lap told me he was Jesse's friend and didn't want to leave my lap.

As I was leaving another little boy wanted to know the name of my ship again so I told him. Then he wanted to know if I saw sharks. I told him I saw sharks and whales and dolphins. He told me he loves dolphins. AWWW I do too. They really believed I was a captain and lived on my ship. The little boy in the orange shirt wanted to know when I would come back. I told him I was going on a long voyage and wouldn't be back until next year. heh heh heh The teacher loved that.

That was the end of my adventure at Pirate Day.

I came home and had lunch and then actually got in the pool for a couple of hours. The rest of the week is supposed to be warmer so maybe I'll get back to 4 hours a day again. This time of year, you never know.

4nana you certainly have been on the go all summer. You need a vacation from your vacation!

Enjoy your Lake Tahoe vacation in October minniecarousel. You need to relax from all the remodeling.

How great are you ?!?!?!?
That looks like everyone including you had a ball! That's awesome..
I bet the children went home chattering away with very tall tales of Captain Mary. Pretty darn cool :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just wanted to say Hi!
I often read along..glad you are doing well and enjoying the last hurrah of summer. It's been so great but alas all good things and all that..:sad1:

Take care of you! :wave2:

Way to go Captain Mary! Good thing they took a picture of you with just Jesse - almost can't see you pst all those little kids. What a good sport you are to go in and read to them.

I probably had more fun they the kids did. Think I might be a pirate: at heart. Now I can't wait for the pirate and princess party for Jesse and Zoey at the end of September.

Mary those pictures are so wonderful! I love how you love life! :thumbsup2

4Nana, I know the feeling: :lmao:

Well DH decided to take another vacation day tomorrow. So tonight we are going back to NJ, Olive Garden for dinner tonight. Tomorrow to the beach and then to see a band in the evening - Jimmy and the Parrots - a Jimmy Buffet tribute band. Friday and Saturday will be beach days, Saturday night we are seeing "The Sound of Music" at a local theater. We saw "Annie" there last month - it was wonderful.

I haven't had time to read or make a dentist or doctor's appt. all summer. Looking forward to the fall - then I'm going to Disney with my sisters on 10/25.

They say youth is wasted on the young - I sure could use some of that energy now!! ;)

Minnie - enjoy Lake Tahoe :cool1:

:wave2:

Go Captain Mary :thumbsup2! Thx so much for sharing your cute photos! It was so sweet of you and I can imagine how happy Jessie was to have his Grandma reading to all his lil friends :goodvibes. Imagine all the fun stories the kids went home to tell their parents. :)

Captain Mary pirate: is definitely the bomb! :dance3:

Thank you snappyd and 4nana. Things like this bring a smile to my heart.

Yesterday for some reason was a bad day. I was very blue and weepy. Missing Ron and wishing he could have seen me at the school. Today I was fine. It just kind of sneaks up on me every once in a while. No rhyme or reason to it.

Anyway, I'm glad I felt like smiling again today. I'm looking forward to being with Jesse next Friday while Karen takes Zoey to get her birthday pictures taken. Then I'll get some swim time in the afternoon. At night, we're all going to Olive Garden for Zoey's birthday. Then next Saturday I get to babysit in the afternoon until the kids get back from dinner and a show. I'll look forward to that.

I think that is the key to my surviving. Always having something to look forward to.

Mary, I hope you are feeling better today. :)

We went to see The Sound of Music at the Surflight theater this weekend. I was blown away! This was equal to and in some cases better than anything I have seen on Broadway! So much talent in such a small theater :thumbsup2

We stopped at a farm market yesterday. Today I am making pasta with fresh zucchini, squash, tomatoes, onions and garlic. It smells so good - I added fresh basil from my own plant, a little white wine, oregano, black pepper and rosemary. I think a little grated cheese on top and we will be in heaven!! :goodvibes

Hope everyone is off to a great week! :wave2:

Hi snappyd. Yes I do feel better today. I got to babysit for a couple of hours on Sunday. That always cheers me up. I think the weather had something to do with my mood. Today was better too. I got to swim before the rain got too heavy. Hopefully I will get to swim more tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to Friday when I get to spend some time alone with Jesse while Zoey get's her birthday pictures taken.

I have read four books on my Kindle so far. I am obsessed with the darn thing now. LOL I will definitely take it with me to the mall on Friday while Jesse plays in the playground. I also have list of books I want as soon as they come out. I think Chuck and Karen have created a Kindle monster!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter