• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Angelrose's Journey

snappyd that is such good news that your husband is back to work.

Enjoy your time together.

Angelrose, I have to tell you how much this thread has touched me and truly made an impact on me. I found it Friday night and spent the weekend reading through it all.

Your writing made me feel like I was right there with you in your times of agony, and my spirits raised as you began to heal...but never forget your Ron. As the mother of a 2 year old little boy (we adopted him from Korea this past October and our life has changed drastically, but oh so much for the better), I am extremely guilty of taking my husband for granted. Brushing off time for a hug, communicating just about our day to day "must dos" as we try to fit everything in and take care of our sweet boy. I have been putting my relationship with my husband way, way on the back burner.

You reminded me that life is truly too short and you just never know. You brought tears to my eyes and reminded me to take the time for the extra hug, the kind words, the fun and teasing and laughter. I was reminded me of just how much I not only need my sweet husband, but want him here with me. It shouldnt' have taken a 3 year old thread on a message board to remind me of that, but your story truly, truly made a difference for me. I am praying for you as you continue to live this new life, and so, so proud of all you have accomplished! Ron would be so proud of you!

I was also inspired by your relationship with your family...as the mother of a son I can only hope that he will marry someone as wonderful and welcoming and inclusive as your Karen. We are preparing to go to WDW with my parents for our son's first trip (in only 18 days!) and I am so looking forward to the kinds of memories you have with your darling children for my own parents.

Finally-have your grandkids ever had their silhouettes made by one of the artists at WDW? We are very much looking forward to having our son's silhouette made on our trip. (We actually have one of our basset hound that I had done in Disneyland a few years back! The artist was able to do it from a profile picture I brought to her!) Seems like the kind of souvenir that would be right up your alley.

Thank you for sharing your story! You are an inspiration!

Oh thank you teacherlisa1978. That means a lot to me.

I think we are all guilty of taking our loved ones for granted at one time or another. A few weeks before Ron passed, I was making lunch and he came up behind me to give me a hug. At first I was annoyed at the interruption. Then I thought to myself, "What if I never had a hug from him again?" and I gave him such a hug back that I think he couldn't breathe for a moment. We both laughed. I think of that hug a lot now. What if I had just brushed him off? Then I would have that reminder every day.

I hope Ron would be proud of me. I have come a long way since three years have passed. From time to time I do get the weepys. But mostly now I remember the good times. We did have so many of them.

Yes, I am blessed to have a wonderful caring DIL in my Karen. Chuck and Karen and my grandbabies have been my salvation.

We haven't had the silhouettes done of Jesse and Zoey yet. Maybe when we go again in 2014. We did have it done for Chuck was he was around 11 or 12. I would like to have them for the grandkids too.

Thank you again for your kind words.

snappyd that is such good news that your husband is back to work.

Enjoy your time together.

Thank you. I really do take him for granted sometimes, especially after we were together so much last month. I actually told him I don't think I'm ready to be with him 24/7 :sad2: I feel so bad for saying that; I'm just used to a lot of alone time since I stopped working. His retirement (probably next spring) will be a big adjustment.

Hope everyone is having a good summer; I'll be back on the 14th :)

It was a big adjustment for me too when Ron retired. I was used to doing things my own way and when he retired, he thought that things should be done his way. LOL There was a lot of compromising done. But we did finally agree on things.

I think it takes anyone a long time to adjust to retirement. You've spent decades doing one thing and all of a sudden you aren't doing it anymore. Ron found that he could spend more time on his fossil collecting. That gave him time to get out of the house and me some alone time. Worked for both of us.

Then we found that are walks together every day were very precious. We could talk about everything and nothing. We could hold hands and walk all around Smithville. Sometimes our three times around we go so fast. I wish he could see me now walking 6 times around with no cane. He would be so happy for me.

I had a nice Sunday babysitting Zoey while Jesse had his swimming lesson. She was so excited to see me. She grabbed my hands and said "rosey". So we did Ring around the Rosey three times. She wanted more, but I was getting dizzy. LOL Karen and I talked for a while before she left with Jesse. We were talking about Shades of Grey. I loved that series. Then we started talking about getting a Kindle. I had always said that I preferred a holding a book. But she got me started reading The Dark Brotherhood on her Kindle. And I discovered I love it.

So she told me to write down a list of all the books I want on my Kindle and they will get it for me for Christmas. Now I can't wait. I've made up my list and it's a big one. I may have to give Chuck my list now so he will have time to download them all before Christmas. ;)

After Karen left, Zoey and I watched Elmo and I read her a story about a duckling. After the 6th time, I told her to pick out another book. So I read her another book and then we went back to the duckling. I think I will be dreaming about that duckling.

Jesse came home and I let him pick out a dvd to watch. Karen is on mandatory overtime so she went back to work and Chuck was still out target shooting.

The kids were very good and I had an easy time of just letting them watch Elmo and Jake and I got up the chapter 8 in the Dark Brotherhood when Chuck came home.

It was around 11:30 so I went home and got in some swimming.

I've been pretty regular in my swimming 4 hours a day. I think it helps with my continuing journey with weight loss. I have lost weight the last two weeks. I'm still not back to where I was the end of March, but I'm getting there. I keep losing and gaining the same 4 pounds. Hopefully I can get passed this hurdle. I so want to get below 150 by Labor Day.

I got my hair cut and colored on Saturday so that always gives me a boost. I'm going to change my hair color from pale blond to strawberry blond. I tried it once and loved the color, but it bleached out as soon as I got my hair wet in the pool.

Now I know how to keep the color. I need a "filler". I will do that next month, with a darker blond. Then in October I will get the red filler and the color done. Hopefully it will stay. Of course the pool will be closed by then.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Hi Angelrose, sounds like you're keeping busy and not missing a beat young lady and enjoying life and those sweet grands, Jesse and Zoey :lovestruc. Swimming daily sounds wonderful, specially as hot as it's been! Keep up the good work on your successful weight loss ~ you're almost there! :goodvibes

So glad to hear you got message from your soul mate on your Anniversary. No doubt letting you know how proud he is of you and that he is watching over you :angel:. Minnie and Snapppyd, love your Humming bird and Cardinal stories :thumbsup2. Funny how believers look for theses lil signs from loved ones that help us go forward in faith :flower3:. My Mom also gets messages from my Dad & son ...the Magnolia tree Daddy planted yrs ago never bloomed till he passed, now she is thrilled it blooms annually and feels it is a message to assure her they are RIP. :angel:

Snapppyd, so wonderful your DH's job is back full force, can imagine your relief to once again have security in these tough economic times :flower3:. Indeed it does take a while to adjust to retirement. DH retired 11 yrs ago and bless his heart, I joke he is my 24/7 shadow, but do give each other space and enjoy living life to the fullest :). At times I take him for granted, then I have flash backs of almost losing him to an illness a couple yrs back and realized just how blessed I truly am, as God knows, life can change in heart beat. :sad1:

It's been a fun (and very hot) summer :cool2:. Our sweet grands take turns coming over, this week we had 2 spend a couple nights :goodvibes. They sure put a bright spot in each day and keep our spirits young at heart, don't they :lovestruc ? We did quite a few activities and now Nana is tuckered and ready to turn in ;). Next week we have out of state grands visiting we're really looking forward too :). They are all preparing to head back to school in couple wks. We always have a fun back to school celebration and this year we'll have most grades covered: preK, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, 9th, 9th, 10th, 11th and college ;). Needless to say, between their school, sports, church, etc. ~ all their activites def. keep us plenty entertained...lol :teeth:. We count our blessings for sure! :flower3:

Mary you are such an inspiration to so many, keep up the good work lovely lady. :hug:

Thank you 4nana. I gained back a pound this week. LOL My body is saying, "You have lost 50 pounds, be happy with that!" I will keep trying. Someday it will happen. At least I am not alone. Three other people are saying the same thing. They lose so much and then there they stick, no matter what they do. So I don't feel as much of a failure.

I gave my list of books to Chuck and they will order my Kindle over the weekend. Karen asked if I wanted it before Christmas and I said yes! Now I can't wait. Chuck downloaded everything that I wanted (over 65 books) and a couple more that he thought I would like.

I get to babysit tomorrow for a couple of hours. Karen is still working weekends. This Sunday she will be working 6am to 6pm. She has a crappy manager. You know the type. Doesn't know her butt from her elbow. But she is the manager. Hopefully once this project is done Karen will have a bit more free time.

It was raining this morning so I did some vacuuming and washed the kitchen floor. After that I ran out to the local grocery store to get more Morning Star Farms breakfast biscuits. They are the best! Made with turkey bacon or sausage, egg and cheese. The biscuits are so flaky. Just one minute in the microwave and you have breakfast. Karen, Chuck and I all like them, so whenever I see them I buy the whole stock. We have a good supply in our freezers now.

I ran over the their house to deliver them, pick up my Netflix and leave my list. I stopped at the bank and was home in time for lunch.

It had stopped raining by then and I got out to swim for two hours this afternoon. I came in and it showered again. Not much, but other parts of the area got some nasty thunderstorms.

Zoey has had a yeast rash for a couple of weeks that is finally going away, but now she got a bacterial rash! Someone at daycare didn't wash their hands before changing her. So now she has a cream for that too. Poor little sweetheart. I get to play with her tomorrow.

Oh Angelrose, you will LOVE having a Kindle! I got mine last Christmas and it goes everywhere with me. You'll have to post how you like it once you get it. ;)

I'm with you on the weight loss thing - stuck, stuck, stuck! Hopefully soon we'll both get UN-stuck!

You know I didn't want one for the longest time, but once I used Karen's, I couldn't wait to get my own. I guess it's time to get into the 21st century! :lmao:

As soon as I get it, I will let you all know how I like it. I know it will be great to take along while waiting in the dr's office or on the plane to go to Disney. I only have 541 more days to go until we leave for WDW again. Should I pack now???

Of course you should pack now - or at least start your list! :teeth:

Make sure you check with your local library to see if they are part of the ebook project, also - then you can get current books for free and not have to worry about returning them. ;)

Now don't laugh, but my bag with all my bath and stuff is always packed. I just add last minute things the week before we go away. The clothes I take only take a few minutes to pack because they are all by themselves in my closet. I am very organized that way. I have all the phone numbers of the limo services I use ready to use.

Karen does all the planning and gives me the itinerary a few weeks before. She is my super planner. :love:

Chuck got all 70 books to download once he gets my Kindle. That is due to arrive on Tuesday. He will need a day to download them all and probably another day to organize them. I will have it by next weekend. YIPPITY SKIPPITY. He knows all the sites to get free books or at least very low prices. So I am good on books for at least a year.

Can you tell I am super excited about it?? :cheer2:

You won't catch me laughing - most of our bath items stay packed as well. :teeth: You're very lucky to have Karen in your life to do things like that for you!

Can't wait until you get your Kindle ... but then you will be so busy reading you won't have time to DIS anymore!

Oh that will never happen. I love the DIS too much. It's so good to have friends here that support and cheer you on.

Yes, I am blessed to have Karen do the planning. When Ron was alive, I was the planner. I would do everything on line except the room reservations. I was petrified to make phone reservations. He would have to do that. I have no idea why I had so much trouble talking to people. Even today, I get butterflies in my tummy when I have to call someone for the first time.

It took me several months before I got up the nerve to first post on here. I read so many trip report threads and dining threads, but mostly lurk. I've been a member of the DIS for several years and I'm getting better at it now.

So I was very thankful when Karen did all the planning. She did ask my advice on a few things, but mostly she did it all.

Angelrose, I just got a kindle too-last night! An early birthday gift so I can use it for our trip next week! I love it already, hope you do too! I can tell I'm going to read a whole lot more with it, and I already read quite a bit.

And I'm exactly the same way about phone calls, I can't stand to make them, have to really gear myself up for it. Isn't it wonderful how much we can do online now?

That's great that Karen does so much of the planning but also takes your thoughts into consideration. Sounds perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Good to hear from you teacherlisa1978. My cousin is a teacher also. I'm glad that you love your Kindle. I can't believe I'm so excited about this, since a few months ago I didn't want one. LOL Now I have to wait until next weekend to try it out.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who hates to make calls to people I don't know. That makes me feel better.

Karen is such a sweet girl. She is good at everything she does. She is so artistic too. You should see the quilts she has made. I am so blessed to have her as a daughter in law. I kind of like Chuck too. ;)

I got my Kindle last Sunday. Oh WOW, I just love it. I can make the print larger and it's so easy to use. I have half a book left to read before I can start reading on my Kindle. Although I may cheat and start to read before I finish my book.

Karen got a request from Jesse's day care teacher. She asked if I would dress up in my pirate costume and be in character to read a pirate story on Tuesday. I cannot wait to do this. I am going to be Captain Grandmom. :rotfl:

Jesse will be able to wear his pirate costume and sit by me while I read the story. How much fun is this going to be??

Is it Tuesday yet?

I got my Kindle last Sunday. Oh WOW, I just love it. I can make the print larger and it's so easy to use. I have half a book left to read before I can start reading on my Kindle. Although I may cheat and start to read before I finish my book.

Karen got a request from Jesse's day care teacher. She asked if I would dress up in my pirate costume and be in character to read a pirate story on Tuesday. I cannot wait to do this. I am going to be Captain Grandmom. :rotfl:

Jesse will be able to wear his pirate costume and sit by me while I read the story. How much fun is this going to be??

Is it Tuesday yet?

Captain Grandmom - I love it!

My sis got good news at her results appt - they feel that they got it all and her lymph nodes are not involved. I go with her to all of her appts, but once she starts daily radiation, she'll do that on her own. They have valet parking and will take no more than 2 hours out of her day.

My other sis and I got a Kindle for this Sis for her birthday a few weeks ago. My older son had a stick with hundreds of books on it. We loaded it all onto her computer, I hope she understood how to move them to her Kindle. I'll make sure she has an Amazon.com account. I get daily E-mails alerting me to Free Kindle Books through Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter