Really?? Is this May or is it August? The Trip of a Bunch of Trips.

Jane, I managed to finally get caught up with you. Thank you for going away this weekend. :rotfl: Your TR is super...as usual. I love that you posted your video's, got my DH to watch a few which he enjoyed. And finally got him to see DeVine. :thumbsup2 You had a super great trip even with the larger crowds and a few slips.

We are going September/October this year. We will be staying at SOG for a few days then heading over to BC and AKL. I saw your post on the SOG thread wanted a pp to let you know how the weather and crowds where during that time of year. I will let you know too. We have gone in October a couple of times and they were not bad. However, if you go to Epcot during F&W on a weekend. :crowded: :crazy:

Hope your having a great time in NY, Lake George is beautiful! Ahh I so want to get out of town and this heat.

Angel16

Jane, I managed to finally get caught up with you. Thank you for going away this weekend. :rotfl: Your TR is super...as usual. I love that you posted your video's, got my DH to watch a few which he enjoyed. And finally got him to see DeVine. :thumbsup2 You had a super great trip even with the larger crowds and a few slips.

We are going September/October this year. We will be staying at SOG for a few days then heading over to BC and AKL. I saw your post on the SOG thread wanted a pp to let you know how the weather and crowds where during that time of year. I will let you know too. We have gone in October a couple of times and they were not bad. However, if you go to Epcot during F&W on a weekend. :crowded: :crazy:

Hope your having a great time in NY, Lake George is beautiful! Ahh I so want to get out of town and this heat.

Angel16

Thanks Angel16! Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip. :thumbsup2

Pics from my hometown of Glens Falls, New York. Sorry about the quality of some. These were taken with my phone.

Downtown taken from my Mom's window:

a2012-08-18115923.jpg

Downtown:
aIMGP7889.jpg

aIMGP7874.jpg

aIMGP7876.jpg

aIMGP7881.jpg

aIMGP7883.jpg

aIMGP7886.jpg

aIMGP7887.jpg

The Hudson River:
a2012-08-18151456.jpg

a2012-08-18151240.jpg

a2012-08-18151225.jpg

Lake Geroge:
a2012-08-19104332.jpg

a2012-08-19123321.jpg

My Dad's theater:
a2012-08-18134344.jpg

a2012-08-18134731.jpg

Was going to get the next chapter up today, but got side tracked and never got to it. Some day soon, I promise.

Chapter 10

Today was our “alone day,” but we decided to go to Magic Kingdom in the morning together and split up in the afternoon.

After sleeping in a bit, we headed down to catch the 9 a.m. bus. But, by the time we got there, the first bus was packed so we had to wait for the next bus.

That should have been our first clue as to how the day would go crowd-wise.

Instead of waiting for the next bus in 30 minutes, we decided to walk over to the Poly and catch the monorail. From the monorail all the way into the Kingdom, the crowds were amazingly high. The highest I have ever seen. Really? Is this May or is it August?

But! It’s Magic Kingdom and you just can’t have a bad day here.

Of course, I picked the bag check line that had the woman pushing a stroller with 15 bags on it … and she had none of them out, opened and ready for the bag check. We had to wait for her to dig all of them out, plop them on the table and then open each one’s dozen or more zippers and pockets. Why do you need 15 bags for one day in the park with two small children? Diaper bag, yes. Backpack for snacks and other stuff, yes. But what the heck is in the rest? I mean, 15 bags is an exaggeration, but she did have at least five bags stuffed under the stroller and hanging off the handles.

Then there are those who plop their bags on the table and are surprised when they are asked to open them themselves. What? It’s not the job of the security people to open your bags for you?? So we wait while they huff and puff like they are being put out because they have to unzip their own bags.

Click on the pic to see video:

After finally making it through the line, we were on our way to Pirates and the Haunted Mansion. Elbowing our way down a crazy busy Main Street, we hang a left and head into Adventureland. The line for the Jungle Cruise was all the way across the landing area and almost over to where the remote control boats are.

Nope. Not gonna do it.

Moving on to Pirates, my heart sank when I saw the estimated time to be 40 minutes. Our rule is never to wait in any line longer than 30 minutes. But, since we didn’t see the line from the outside, we figured the sign must be wrong. Or, at least, that’s what we were hoping for anyway. So we walked in and hoped for the best.

Bend after darkened bend, no people. Luck was on our side and the wait was only about 20 minutes.

Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate’s life for us!

Thoroughly enjoying Cap’n Jack, as usual, it was on to the Haunted Mansion … we hope. And, for the very first time in the history of our visits, there was a long line. It was all the way out the gate and past the stroller parking area at the corner. However, our 30-minute rule didn’t technically apply here since the wait time counter was still set to five minutes. I know, I know … that’s cheating. But, hey, it’s the mansion!

To top off the fact that the line was so long, it was also very hot and sticky with not a lick of a breeze. It was stifling. What I won’t put up with for a great ride.

After what seemed like forever, we were finally in the door and out of the heat, but packed in like sardines with other sweaty, stinky people. Once the inside doors opened and everyone pushed into the doom buggy loading area, we were pushed and shoved like pinballs all the way to the loading area.

I noticed as we got on that out doom buggy was number 13. And, just as I said this to Leo, the bar came slamming down right on my camera. It hit so hard, I was afraid it might have broken something, but it didn’t. Then, as we were on our way down the hall of knocking doors and glowing eyeball walls, the ride stopped. And it stopped us right where there was nothing to look at but a wall. Not even any glowing eyeballs. Just a plain old boring wall. I mean, I enjoy stopping on this ride so I can look around and see new things, but a wall? Lucky number 13 indeed.

The next three pics are videos. Click on the pics.

Pushing and shoving our way through Fantasyland, we decided not to attempt any of the rides. But we did stop in front of Pooh to try and get some shots of the area under construction.

And this is where Leo got in trouble … again. He had climbed up on the wall in front of Pooh and held the camera over his head and was shooting away when a CM came up and said, “Sir! Sir! You can’t be up there.”

He is such a trouble maker.

aIMGP7130.jpg

aIMGP7131.jpg

aIMGP7132.jpg

Back on the ground and flashing a sheepish grin at the CM, we headed off to Tomorrowland. The place was so packed, we headed to the people mover since there is never a line there, right?

Wrong!

There was a line all the way down to the ground level. This I have never, ever seen before. But since this is a continuous loading ride, we decided to give it a try. It actually didn’t take too long to get on, thankfully.

Click on pic to see video:

Between the crowds and the heat, I was actually ready to leave by about 3 p.m. But Leo wasn’t ready to leave yet. So we decided to grab a quick lunch and then split up for the afternoon. I headed back to Shades while Leo headed back over to Epcot to catch Herman and the Hermits in concert again.

A hot and tired Leo headed out of the park. I know, he looks drunk, but he isn't. He's just a goof ball. Click on the pic to see video:

I, on the other hand, took a nice nap in a nice cool room without having to elbow anyone to get to my bed. When I woke up a couple hours later, I relaxed on the balcony for little while before heading out to Hollywood Studios. I wanted to get some nice night shots of Big Blue.

So off I go. On the bus, to the park, through bag check, through the gates and on down the main drag. And there it was. As big as anything, staring down at me in mock humor seemingly laughing at me. There it was … that freakin’ big ugly stage was back!!!! Right there in front of Big Blue! Really? REALLY???

In frustration, I asked a CM when it was put up. He told me it went up yesterday. Ummmm, at this very moment I was wondering how much trouble I would get into if I went screaming down the street or just throw myself on the ground kicking and screaming. My very own melt down.

After standing there dumbfounded for about 10 minutes contemplating whether to scream or throw the temper tantrum, I just walked away shaking my head and muttering some not-so-Disney words under my breath.

I took my frustrated, annoyed and bruised ego and wandered the park for a while. I don’t even remember what I did, but I know I ended up at my fave store, the Art of Animation over by the Little Mermaid show. Oh yah, I went to the show too. It was cute.

At my store, I was looking for my “one big souvie” for this trip. Of course, since the money was a bit tight this year, I had to keep it small. But I managed to find something in my price range that was quite unique. It was a nice frame with a “unique collectable featuring an archival etched glass panel and two 24 kt gold overlay medallions” memorializing the opening of the Magic Kingdom in 1971. It is number 1269 out of 1971. I would have liked a lower number, but the CM told me this is the only one they had. I kinda didn’t believe him. I think he just didn’t want to go look through the stock.

aIMGP7900.jpg

aIMGP7905.jpg

aIMGP7903.jpg

aIMGP7904.jpg

Anyway, I had them send it to my room and moved on. By this time it was getting dark and I decided to try and get at least some shots of Big Blue at night.

You can see a piece of the stage in the upper right corner of this pic. That's how close it is to Big Blue.

aIMGP7324.jpg

aIMGP7326.jpg

aIMGP7331.jpg

IMGP7333s.jpg

Now, at this point my mind is a bit fuzzy. I want to say I went to Fantasmic, but I am not sure. I will have to look at my raw photos and see if I have any shots. It sure is hell getting old.

Well, if I did, there will be some pics to follow. If not, it will be a blank space.

aIMGP7340.jpg

aIMGP7369.jpg

IMGP7375s.jpg

IMGP7423s.jpg

IMGP7430.jpg

aIMGP7425.jpg

aIMGP7391.jpg

After looking at my pics, I do remember now. I got there too late to get a seat in the bleachers, so I had to go up to where it was standing room only. I went all the way to the fence and found this little cubby tucked away between a pole and a box where I could set up my camera tripod and not have to worry about people tripping over it.

After shooting and enjoying the show, I headed out of the park and back to Shades. On the way, I got a call from my daughter who shared something my 4-year-old granddaughter had said to her. They had stopped by my house to check the mail and, on the way into the house, Jazzy stopped and picked some of my flowers. Tanisha told her, “Jaz, don’t pick Lola’s flowers.” Jazzy’s response: “Why? Lola moved to Disney World. They are mine now.”

My silly, silly Little Bit.

Back at Shades, I found that Leo has gotten there just minutes before me. Shortly after, we were in lala land. Tomorrow is an early day, and the worst day of our vacation … the last day. We cried ourselves to sleep.

Finally made a decision on the dates for our next trip to the World. :banana: Since we can't go in May like we normally do (and we are looking for a quieter time to go), we decided on Sept. 8-21. It is after the Labor Day rush, after school is back in session, the beginning of the Halloween parties and before the food and wine festival.

We went to Disneyland one October so we saw the decorations out there, but have not been to the World for it. And even though it is one year and 11 days away, I am already getting excited! Any comments are greatly appriciated.

I think it is a great time to go however I guess you just have to watch the weather. I believe it is rainy season/hurricane season. But hey I just came back on Aug 24th and I escaped Issac so I say go for it. Plus Sept 21st is my birthday so I will always remember the day you are coming home!:thumbsup2

Loved all your pictures and reports. It made my relive my trip. THANKS::yes::::yes::

I went to opening ceremonies at MK and have to tell you I Hated it:furious:

You are trapped like rats from the turnstiles to the entrance and I did not like being rolled over by strollers or people pushing. It took forever and a day to get to Main Street. Suffice to say I am not a fan. I think they should go back to the original way whereby you could walk straight through up to crystal palace and there would actually be a "rope drop".
Okay that is my speel on the subject:rotfl:

Oh gracious! You really did encounter some long lines at the Magic Kingdom. The video of Leo meandering over to you was cute. He didn't look drunk, he just looked like he was bee-bopping over. :rotfl:

Your pictures of Fantasmic are wonderful! I so wish I could get pictures to turn out that good. Of course, that would require me spending some money on a bigger and better camera and I just can't make myself do it. I'm such a cheapo!

Congrats on booking your next trip to Disney!

I think it is a great time to go however I guess you just have to watch the weather. I believe it is rainy season/hurricane season. But hey I just came back on Aug 24th and I escaped Issac so I say go for it. Plus Sept 21st is my birthday so I will always remember the day you are coming home!:thumbsup2

Loved all your pictures and reports. It made my relive my trip. THANKS::yes::::yes::

I went to opening ceremonies at MK and have to tell you I Hated it:furious:

You are trapped like rats from the turnstiles to the entrance and I did not like being rolled over by strollers or people pushing. It took forever and a day to get to Main Street. Suffice to say I am not a fan. I think they should go back to the original way whereby you could walk straight through up to crystal palace and there would actually be a "rope drop".
Okay that is my speel on the subject:rotfl:

I am so sorry you did not enjoy the opening ceremony. It's one of my fave things. I guess I never thought how crowded it would be in August. We never felt trapped, but I sure can see how that would be an issue with high crowds. I think you are right, though. They should at least let those who do not want to press in with the masses go through to Main Street instead of being stuck out there.

Oh gracious! You really did encounter some long lines at the Magic Kingdom. The video of Leo meandering over to you was cute. He didn't look drunk, he just looked like he was bee-bopping over. :rotfl:

Your pictures of Fantasmic are wonderful! I so wish I could get pictures to turn out that good. Of course, that would require me spending some money on a bigger and better camera and I just can't make myself do it. I'm such a cheapo!

Congrats on booking your next trip to Disney!

Thanks Lisa! And I am already getting excited about the trip and even more so cuz it will be new to us.

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...but I'm enjoying your TR immensely! :banana:
Love your sense of humor and all your wonderful photographs! We're really looking forward to getting back to SoG one of these days. Congratulations on setting a date for your next trip! :yay:

OK, so we all know WHAT this is. But can anyone tell me WHERE it is?

IMGP6649s.jpg

Did anyone ever answer this one? I'm going to guess it's in Dinoland at AK, 'cause I can't think of anywhere else at WDW that would have cracked pavement!

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late...but I'm enjoying your TR immensely! :banana:
Love your sense of humor and all your wonderful photographs! We're really looking forward to getting back to SoG one of these days. Congratulations on setting a date for your next trip! :yay:

Did anyone ever answer this one? I'm going to guess it's in Dinoland at AK, 'cause I can't think of anywhere else at WDW that would have cracked pavement!

Better late than never. :lmao:

And, nope, no one has made a guess. But you are 100 percent right. It is in Dinoland. You are a Disney geek too! :cool1:

Hey fellow Disney geeks! Here are some shots of my family room. Yep, the home of a true Disney geek.

2012-09-03120749.jpg

2012-09-03120105.jpg

2012-09-03120118.jpg

2012-09-03120143.jpg

2012-09-03120157.jpg

2012-09-03120222.jpg

2012-09-03120243.jpg

2012-09-03120305.jpg

2012-09-03120321.jpg

2012-09-03120335.jpg

2012-09-03120447.jpg

2012-09-03120522.jpg

2012-09-03120619.jpg

2012-09-03120633.jpg

2012-09-03120413.jpg

2012-09-03120401.jpg

Jusero, I wanna be like you when I grow up. :worship: I love the Disney room, wish I had a room I could dedicate to Disney. As it is I have a shelf in my china cabinet that has my Disney collectors plates on it. I'm out of room so on my last trip I didn't get myself anything.:sad2: I regret that, thinking of going into collecting pins, that way they won't take up so much space.

What an amazing room you have designed. It is almost like being at Disney :goodvibes Which is a very good thing!

I am enjoying your TR and all the information and video's. It is helping keep me calm since we will be there shortly.

Angel16

Jusero, I wanna be like you when I grow up. :worship: I love the Disney room, wish I had a room I could dedicate to Disney. As it is I have a shelf in my china cabinet that has my Disney collectors plates on it. I'm out of room so on my last trip I didn't get myself anything.:sad2: I regret that, thinking of going into collecting pins, that way they won't take up so much space.

My collection started with just Mickey ears from each trip. It didn't take long to explode. :lmao: And DH is even worse than me. He even collects soda cups, hotdog bags, french fry containers and the wrappers from each and every Mickey ice cream bar he eats. :confused3

What an amazing room you have designed. It is almost like being at Disney :goodvibes Which is a very good thing!

I am enjoying your TR and all the information and video's. It is helping keep me calm since we will be there shortly.

Angel16

Just three weeks? How excited you must be!!!

Our trip has changed. We were going to be at SOG for one night following our arrival. We were going to rent a car and head south to visit friends. Our friends called today and had to cancel due to family issues.

We talked over several possible ideas and finally called SOG and we are booked for 5 nights there.

So our Disney trip is now going to our longest. We are going for 16 nights, 17 days.

:yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2::yay::yay:

Just a little excited right now!

Angel16

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter