Really? I mean really?

Oh, guess you hadn't seen all of the threads that all disney sites would be down today. Supposedly to come back around 3:00PM. We had messages on the DVC site for over a week. You can't even get into the contest site to register this morning. Today is my day to make my January reservation and I can't, but not really worried, because no one else can either. At least you know it's not you. I don't think the phones are working either to call. At least no one else can make ADRs.

Eeeek, no. I missed all the threads.

*grumble*

It keeps showing me availability, I input all my info, but it doesn't finish making the reservation. :mad:

I had heard about the site going down this morning but I just had to try for myself just in case. Nope. Nada. It doesn't even recognize my reservations or show me any availability for any restaurants.

I'm on hold on the phone but it's telling me I still have a wait of over 45 minutes and I'll have to hang up before that to get to work.

It is frustrating. Of course I'll still be at work at 3pm and unable to make them then. I moved my work around today to give me more time this morning to make my ADR's. Which makes the 3pm time impossible for me. I have a break at 2 so maybe... just maybe the system will be up early. Crossing my fingers.

Yep, everything is down. This was a planned update though.

Here's what we got on the DVC website:

Sorry, please be advised that we are currently updating our systems to serve you better.

Online bookings are currently unavailable and Member Services is closed. We do expect an efficient return to full functionality. Member Services will re-open by 3:00 p.m. ET on February 23, 2012. Please note that this time is subject to change. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you at that time.

As mentioned, I even tried to register for the contest this morning and that does not work either. Keep in mind, no one else can book those dining reservations, so you should be able to get them when they reopen. No sense in calling only to be told they are closed.

I am now able to get online for dining reservations. I don't know if it will stay up, but it seems to be working right now.

I am now able to get online for dining reservations. I don't know if it will stay up, but it seems to be working right now.

That's good to know. Though I would double check to make sure you have them in your account. They may be testing the system and taking it up and down. Heading over there now myself.

I know it sucks to get up early and not have the system available...

But unless i'm missing something - 180 days puts you at august 21...

which is after the summer season and leading into the dead period.

I think you coulda slept in and got what you wanted anyway.

I am still booking reservations for march now...which is not a typically slow period...and have full availability.

my wife got cinderellas for breakfast at 8:45 less than three months out on a friday.

be cool:cool1:

I know it's a bummer getting up early, but if no one can make reservations, you should still be fine when the system comes back up (if a little tired).

Well I finally got through. I called at 3:18. A lovely CM started taking my ADR's and all was going well until my phone died on me. UGHHH

So I called right back on another phone and this time the CM said the system was still down. "Really?" I asked. I told her someone else had just been taking reservations for me and that maybe she should ask her manager but she held firm and told me she could help me with anything else. So I said "Goodbye".

I called right back. I got "Posey". She was able to get me everything I wanted. It was 4:08 when I was finally done.

Hopefully everyone else will get through too.

Was thinking the same thing. With the new CC hold, the ADR's are much easier to come by. We are going last week of March- SPRING BREAK, and I am SHOCKED what is still available. Doubt that all ADR's will be gone by afternoon when they said the system would be back up. When we added 3 mlre to our trip 3 months ago.... we re-made ALL of our ADR's (yes, even ohana and CM), with NO problems, so I think the days of getting up at the crack of dawn to make ADR's is OVER!!

There are very few restaurants at WDW that would be unavailable if you booked them at 178 days.

Yes, New Year's Eve, Christmas Day, July 4, Chef's Table at Viki & Al's, etc., are a few exceptions.

I did finally get through to the system and the only reservation I had trouble getting was Coral Reef. I'll just have to be content with having dinner at 4:45!

I also respect the new credit card system, but it was a royal pain inputting all my information (cc#, expiration, address etc.) after EACH of my 9 reservations!

Was thinking the same thing. With the new CC hold, the ADR's are much easier to come by. We are going last week of March- SPRING BREAK, and I am SHOCKED what is still available. Doubt that all ADR's will be gone by afternoon when they said the system would be back up. When we added 3 mlre to our trip 3 months ago.... we re-made ALL of our ADR's (yes, even ohana and CM), with NO problems, so I think the days of getting up at the crack of dawn to make ADR's is OVER!!

Same here!! We only booked (surprise trip) about 60 days ahead of our trip (also SPRING BREAK - 1st week of April) and I got every single thing we wanted with no problem whatsoever. I agree with the "no more getting up at the crack of dawn" thing ... wasn't necessary for us at only 50-60 days out!!

Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter