Really dumb things that have amused you

The amount of gas our Lab seems too have! :rotfl2: It can also be very musical as well! :thumbsup2 But the smell is just :crazy2: but we end up laughing about it. Everytime! Never thought I would be amused by farts that my dog produces. :rotfl:

I dated this guy in high school once who had just purchased a turbo sports car. He thought is was something else. :rolleyes2 anyway, we had gone out to eat one night and then we were going down this busy road when he noticed this huge amount of smoke coming from the back of this car. So he turns around and we headed back to where we had come from and we were driving through this huge fog of smoke that had come from his car. He was all in a panic and I'm sitting in the passenger seat cracking up laughing. :lmao: he didn't think it was funny!!

Oh, this thread pretty much sums up my life. I feel like I have the humor of a 3rd grade boy sometimes. Certain words make me laugh. Here are a couple more recent ones:

- I was in a meeting with my boss, the director of accounting, and our controller. My boss is talking about a data download that my old coworker did and he says to me "Don't you remember the huge dump June did?" meaning data dump. I couldn't control myself, so now the controller knows I'm a child :rotfl2:

- The word duty. I used to get in so much trouble in business law with the phrase "fiduciary duty"

- One that's not word related, but there have been two times where I have seen someone fall in such a way that their shoes come flying off. I have no idea why the shoes flying makes it funnier (they were fine, in case you're wondering)

51K1FF9VMAL._SS500_.jpg

Wow! I totally forgot about this book. My brothers owned it. Funny stuff.

Years ago, I was reading a book and came across a passage where the children in the story were dressing up for Halloween and one child came to school as a "mean potato." I laughed so hard and so long that I was gasping for air and crying at the same time. My husband came to check on me because of all the noise I was making. To this day I cannot possibly imagine what a "mean potato" costume would consist of or look like, but I still find it amusing to think about.

Just recently I tripped over my 75 pound Boxer, Rufus. I sternly said, "Out of the way you big dummy". And a thought popped into my head. Lamont! From Sanford and Son, I should've named you Lamont! Now that in and of itself wasn't what started the giggling...... It was the visual in my head of someone coming up to me and asking my dog's name, and me replying "Lamont". What the crap kind of name is "Lamont" for a dog. OMG I'm laughing right now just thinking about it!!

Sadly, I've told that story 6 or 7 times over the past two weeks. No one else finds it funny.

Cat videos.

Auto corrected text messages.

Every time we hear the phrase "Vladimir Putin", my husband (in his best imitation of a 7 year old boy's voice) says "Pootin!!" and laughs. I can't listen to news about Russia without hearing this in my head. Neither can any other member of my family. :rotfl:

Just recently I tripped over my 75 pound Boxer, Rufus. I sternly said, "Out of the way you big dummy". And a thought popped into my head. Lamont! From Sanford and Son, I should've named you Lamont! Now that in and of itself wasn't what started the giggling...... It was the visual in my head of someone coming up to me and asking my dog's name, and me replying "Lamont". What the crap kind of name is "Lamont" for a dog. OMG I'm laughing right now just thinking about it!!

Sadly, I've told that story 6 or 7 times over the past two weeks. No one else finds it funny.

It's the big one, Elisabeth! I'm coming!!!

On our last trip to WDW, the kids and I spent more that 1/2 hour watching unsuspecting people's reaction to being "spit" on by the camel near Aladdin at MK. I have no idea why it was so funny that day, but we were laughing so hard and just couldn't pull ourselves away. Easily amused I guess!

There's an episode of Psych in which the characters are trying to avoid a guy named Byrd. I am highly and unreasonably amused by the line, "Duck, it's Byrd!"

No one else understands.

Ok, this is going to seriously get me the "bad mother of the year award".

last thanksgiving, the entire family was together and we had snacks/appertizers on the coffee table. Well over the years we've had some new babies in the family so there were 4 toddlers over.

One bowl had some sun baked no salt chips and the other bowl had regular salty lays chips in them.

well my cousin and I spent the entire afternoon entertaining ourselves by giving the babies a salty chip, then giving them a non salted chip and watching them spit it out.

The look on their faces when they ate the "healthy" chip and couldn't figure out why it was "nasty".

After a company merger with an LA Based Company, I and a few co-workers made our first trip to the LA Land. At night we would tour the sites. I was driving on Willshire Blvd near UCLA when I saw a Porsche 911 pass us with the California Plate "NOSEDOC". At the next light we pulled up next to the car and their was a middle aged man with his finger Dug up so far in his nose he could be cleaning the inside of his eye. Well we yelled that he had the plate wrong and it should be Nose Picker. The man just looked, pulled out his finger, and left us in the dust when the light changed. I will never forget that for the rest of my life, and always smile when I think of it.

Two

I'm struggling thru Epcot with my walker and this lady misses me with her scooter and keeps going. My wife yells hey watch it. The lady turns around looks at us and gives us the one finger salute...then proceeds to run into another scooter.

Several days later I watch a woman drive her scooter into a garbage can. She backs up and tells her husband "well that teaches me to pay attention to where I'm going"

My dog maintaining eye contact with us as he "plays" with pillows. It's so wrong, but we can't stop looking! Poor dog gets no privacy

One day we returned home to find the pillows in the kitchen, guess he likes to switch it up:lmao:

When I was younger, I was at a grocery store and there was a baby crying. The mother kept putting her hand over the baby's mouth for a split second each time, kind of like an Indian pow-wow, and the cry sounded like a "woo woo woo woo". For some reason, that cracked me up and I laughed for days about it.

When I was younger, I was at a grocery store and there was a baby crying. The mother kept putting her hand over the baby's mouth for a split second each time, kind of like an Indian pow-wow, and the cry sounded like a "woo woo woo woo". For some reason, that cracked me up and I laughed for days about it.

Okay just reading that and hearing it in my head made me laugh!

Lately DD likes to tell me or DH " you eat babies". Whenever she is mad at one of us. We crack up every time. We have no idea where this came from at all.

Lately DD likes to tell me or DH " you eat babies". Whenever she is mad at one of us. We crack up every time. We have no idea where this came from at all.

It's hilarious because she probably thinks that is such a good insult! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter