Really could use some professional advice

ilovetoronto

Earning My Ears
We're cruising with Disney for a week and coming back to spend 2 nights in Orlando. We have a 10 yr old daughter and no rental car (could be an option).

We've been checking Hotwire and arent sure what area or hotel we should stay in.

We wont be doing DW this time because of limited time.

Any opinions??

We're cruising with Disney for a week and coming back to spend 2 nights in Orlando. We have a 10 yr old daughter and no rental car (could be an option).

We've been checking Hotwire and arent sure what area or hotel we should stay in.

We wont be doing DW this time because of limited time.

Any opinions??
What would you like to do with your two days?

With no car, I would probably just stay in a Disney resort or at one of the Downtown Disney resorts. There is plenty to do without going to the theme parks.

If you have a car, that opens up lots of other activities, such as malls, outlet malls, etc.

I agree. If you do not have a car then you should just stay on property. That way you can get around (DTD, FW, restaurants, etc). And you can get to the airport for free. If you are looking to save money at the end of the cruise, I have relatives in FL that just go to a value resort for an overnight and the kids have fun playing in the pool and doing activities.

We have done a few vacations at a Disney resort where we did not go into the park that much. There are lots of nonpark things to do, but you can still keep up that Disney magic after the cruise.

(And while we have stayed off site, any time that we did we had a car)

with no rental and no parks, just do a value at Disney and enjoy all that Disney has to offer other than the parks... :thumbsup2

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. If we're able to jump on the Magic express and go somewhere to eat/have fun where would you recommend? We will be staying at the Pop Century

It is a little bit of a haul but if you go for a meal at the AKL they have alot of activities. Plus you can walk around and look at the animals. We ended up spending over an hour there after having breakfast at Boma. They had staff members drumming and dancing outside of the restaurant and encouraging the kids to join in. Then we walked around outside and looked at the animals for quite some time. They have different activities in the lobby for kids and at night they have storytelling and a campfire.
Fort Wilderness also has a movie and a campfire at night. During the day they have fishing and horseback riding.

Thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it. If we're able to jump on the Magic express and go somewhere to eat/have fun where would you recommend? We will be staying at the Pop Century
Disney's Magical Express is the transportation service to and from the Orlando airport, so you mean the regular Disney buses.

Keep in mind that there are no resort-to-resort buses. The buses run between the resorts and the theme parks and DTD. There are lots of dining choices at DTD, and also lots of shopping and other fun ways to spend some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter