• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Really cool sibling names

raysnkaysmom

<font color=coral>I don't think I'd mention I was
I've always been big on names....
I just ran across an old high school friend on facebook who has had 4 daughters. I just wanted to share their names because to me, they really stand out, and I love them!
Anneka, Gretchen, Nadia and Dresden
I REALLY love Dresden. I just think these names are so different, that I love them together!!

I also thought Sarah Palins kids had cool names.
Do you know anyone who has pretty cool names for their kids?
(I know everyones opinion of names are different)

I don't know how cool most people would think they are, but I knew a family with 4 boys. Their names were Garry, Barry, Larry and Harry. I always thought it was neat that they all rhymed.

When I saw Dresden, I also thought of the city that was bombed. Not a name I would pick for my child! :scared1:

I don't like any of those names in the OP (for my own children/taste, there is nothing wrong with them really, just not my style) and don't think they "go together" at all even if I did like them! Just goes to show that you are absolutely right, everyone has different opinions of names!

Dresden was a concentration camp! It would be like naming your kid Auschwitz! :scared1:

You are probably thinking of Bergen-Belsen.

Dresden, as the others have said, was bombed by Allied forces in WWII, and that incident was the basis of the Vonnegut book mentioned. The city used a be a cultural center before this happened.

My brother and I have names that go together. I'm technically a BrookeLynne but go by Brooke and my brother is Brant. Brant and Brooke.

Dresden was a concentration camp! It would be like naming your kid Auschwitz! :scared1:
It wasn't a concentration camp, it was actually a place where many refugees went. Towards the end of the war it was destroyed by Allied Forces- over 90% of the city's center was destroyed.

My best friend has 3 sisters and the kids' names are: Amy, Alpha, Ashley (my friend), and Aubrey. I like the touch with the first letter, and think Alpha is particularly pretty.

I love my DH's name. He hates it and goes by his middle name. But his first name is Kerrick.

Names are so subjective. I love traditional names. I have a friend with four that I love: Claire, Ava, Ellie, and Charlie. I think they sound great together.

We laugh because many of her names were on my lists and she thought about Joey for a boy name (which is my DS 4 name). As it is, my DD's middle name is Ava.

Based on the OP all the names sound Germanic in origin. Perhaps the family comes from or has roots in Germany? It could very well be a cultural thing. I know a lot of people who have never even heard of Dresden, maybe it's that family's way of memorializing what happened. The city has really risen from the ashes, kind of like a Phoenix and is once again becoming a cultural center, so that could also have played a role. I think it's sweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter