Really can't decide whether to do Palo Brunch or not.

PoohBears#1fan

DIS Veteran
DH and I are doing our first DCL cruise together on the Dream for 4 nights in January. I've been on the Magic here in the UK with my daughter but DH's & my DCL cruise was a victim of Covid, hence it's still to come.

I've booked Palo brunch for our at sea day (4 night Bahamian cruise from PC) but am toying with cancelling it and just enjoying the ship instead, we're in concierge so another element to explore and enjoy.

Is it really worth paying for or would we be better getting a few more cruises under out belts? We're planning to do Alaska in 2023 so a longer cruise (although we won't be concierge so won't get the earlier booking).

Last edited:
Depends, do you enjoy a more relaxed fine-dining experience in a quiet setting?

I personally love the Palo Brunch, it is the highlight of my cruise. But we love the experience, the ambiance, and the food. It is a step above the normal dining room experience. That said, it is not an ultra fine-dining experience like Victoria & Alberts (if you've ever done that or similar 5-star dining experience). But it is upscale.

Some people here prefer dinner, others brunch. I suggest you look over the menus and see if there are things that jump out to you. If the price is worth it to you, it is a great way to pamper yourself, Just keep in mind, you will be stuffed!

Depends, do you enjoy a more relaxed fine-dining experience in a quiet setting?

I personally love the Palo Brunch, it is the highlight of my cruise. But we love the experience, the ambiance, and the food. It is a step above the normal dining room experience. That said, it is not an ultra fine-dining experience like Victoria & Alberts (if you've ever done that or similar 5-star dining experience). But it is upscale.

Some people here prefer dinner, others brunch. I suggest you look over the menus and see if there are things that jump out to you. If the price is worth it to you, it is a great way to pamper yourself, Just keep in mind, you will be stuffed!

Thank you, we do enjoy fine dining, we've eaten at V&A's and did really enjoy it (although I found the service a little too in your face, but you know how reserved us Brits are!).

I'll check out some menus and Vlogs I think :)

We just did our second cruise on the Dream last month and did Palo brunch for the first time. Honestly, it was just way too much food for us and we felt trapped for 2 hours 😂 Don't get me wrong, the food was great and people really rave about it, but it just wasn't worth it for us. I could see how it would be better in buffet form though, when maybe I could see what I'm getting myself into. The portions are huge! We much preferred Remy or Palo dinner where things seem better paced and I don't feel like I'm going to explode the rest of the day.

We just did our second cruise on the Dream last month and did Palo brunch for the first time. Honestly, it was just way too much food for us and we felt trapped for 2 hours 😂 Don't get me wrong, the food was great and people really rave about it, but it just wasn't worth it for us. I could see how it would be better in buffet form though, when maybe I could see what I'm getting myself into. The portions are huge! We much preferred Remy or Palo dinner where things seem better paced and I don't feel like I'm going to explode the rest of the day.

Wow I was so stuffed on The Magic, I can't imagine there being even more food!

I'm really leaning towards cancelling it and leaving it for our 7 night Alaska cruise, just enjoying the ship for this time round, and DH's first time on a DCL ship.

This is exactly how we felt after our one Palo Brunch! We much prefer Palo dinner.

So I've probably posted this before that if I had to pay for Palos I wouldn't go. We loved pre-Covid Palo brunch but from what I have read with DCL taking away the buffet part that's a no go for us. We will probably have to settle with the pre-fix Palo dinner. I just don't like the nickel and diming that DCL is doing following the lead of other cruise lines with charging extra for things that used to be included with the cruise fare. The whole reason that cruising was great deal is it included most everything except alcohol. Rant over.

That's what after Palo brunch naps are for. 😴

We love Palo Brunch, but its complimentary for us. With the Covid changes (no buffet, no sticky buns) it was still very good. And of course I understand the changes (well not the missing sticky buns ;) ). With that said there will be 5 of us on our next cruise, and it is only a 4 night cruise. If we had to pay 45 + tip for 5 of us, for a bit lesser experience, taking away limited ship time, I just might skip it. I'm surprised I feel that way but I am questioning whether I would still do it. :hyper:

We did Palo brunch on our 4-night Dream cruise and I have mixed feelings about it. The food, atmosphere, and service were all great. I don't regret spending $90 at all. But, we weren't able to get a time earlier than 12:30. Having brunch at 12:30 really messes up the day. You can't do too much before brunch because if you get all hot and sweaty, or swim, or get a massage, then you'll want to shower before dressing for brunch. And after brunch, you only have a couple of hours before the evening show and dinner start. So, our day at sea felt rushed.

I think the calculation changes if you get an earlier time, though. Brunch at 10:30 or 11:00 sounds great to me!

For us, the breakfasts and dinners onboard are an important element of our cruises. The same is true for other vacation travel. We frequently skip lunch or grab something light from one of the quick serve locations, but usually do multiple main dining room breakfasts as well as a Palo Brunch and Palo Dinner every cruise. Palo Brunch with the buffet was a highlight for me, so we'll see how things work with the changes when we next sail in January. For brunch, it's not the quantity of food, it's the variety, particularly seafood appetizers, charcuterie, cheeses, preserved vegetables, and caviar (sadly, not at this time).

DH and I are doing our first DCL cruise together on the Dream for 4 nights in January. I've been on the Magic here in the UK with my daughter but DH's & my DCL cruise was a victim of Covid, hence it's still to come.

I've booked Palo brunch for our at sea day (4 night Bahamian cruise from PC) but am toying with cancelling it and just enjoying the ship instead, we're in concierge so another element to explore and enjoy.

Is it really worth paying for or would we be better getting a few more cruises under out belts? We're planning to do Alaska in 2023 so a longer cruise (although we won't be concierge so won't get the earlier booking).

Do it. :) Palo Brunch is very nice.

I was chatting with a couple who had just gotten off of the Dream this week and they swore the buffet was back at brunch. Is that true?

Don't tease us like that ....
I asked them to repeat themselves several times to make sure I heard them correctIy. I didn’t want to say, “Really? Because no one is reporting on DIS that it’s back”, but they were adamant.

I asked them to repeat themselves several times to make sure I heard them correctIy. I didn’t want to say, “Really? Because no one is reporting on DIS that it’s back”, but they were adamant.
Interesting... Hopefully someone can confirm over way or the other soon.

This is interesting. We've done the Palo brunch a couple of times and all the opinions on this thread are correct . . . it's amazing (especially the buffet), and decadent, and too much food, and a very nice treat, especially on a longer cruise.

For me, it fits best on sea-day, when one has a busy early morning (office work-work, gym, 6-times around deck 3, etc.) planned. Shower up, have some good family time, and then do the late breakfast / early lunch. Otherwise, I feel guilty at spending all that extra money and ingesting all those extra calories.

I was waffling on this because we also had a 1230, and last time we did first thing in the morning. So I just canceled and switched it to martini tasting! And it's $40 cheaper for the two of us! Better eat at Cabana's first, LOl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter