Realityland and others....

Nbyromd

Disney Mama
Hi guys,

I love reading books on all things Disney (Walt, parks, history etc) - I am just reading Mary Sklar's book and am loving it. Wondering if anyone has read - Realityland or Walt Disney: An American Original by Bob Thomas? Are either good?

Any other suggestions of good reads?
Thanks!
Nicole

Koenig started started out writing books about Disneyland. Most of the stories were from current or former cast members and public information on lawsuits. They were pretty light hearted and a bit risque at times.

Realityland is a more intensely researched book. It covers a little bit of Disneyland with a good history of building the Magic Kingdom. The goal is to explain the development of Epcot relative to Walt's dream. (Or why Epcot is not EPCOT.)

If you want to understand some of the history of WDW, some of the mistakes they made in developing their parks, some of their processes, some of the egos and power struggles, you might be interested in it. I found it informative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter