Reality Check -- Poly really worth $400 a night?

We stayed there once a very, very long time ago so the Poly holds some great memories for me. I love the theming, the location and well, everything about it. It is THE Disney resort to me.

With that said....there is no way in you know what I would spend $400 a night to stay there! For that kind of money, I'll stay, well, in a palace somewhere off site. :)

Seriously though, for our family of 3 now, for what the Poly costs, we can visit Disney twice a year, including air fare, while staying at either a value, or a moderate depending on the time of year.

As a fan of the Polynesian, I have to say Disney is pricing themselves out of the reach of a fair amount of people. I got a rate of 400+ tax a night for a GV room in early May to celebrate my birthday and I had to pass. In 2005 I stayed there during the same time period and I was able to snag a GV room for 300+ tax and thought that was about the limit I would pay. Without a decent discount there's no way I can afford to go to WDW and stay at the Poly every year. You can get a room at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando for under 200 a night, if you use AAA. I truly do love staying at the Polynesian and hope to do so again, but without a break on the rooms it's kind of hard on the family budget. To each their own as the old saying goes.

I love staying at beautiful hotels - but I don't really think any hotel would be worth $400 a night to me (unless maybe if it included meals or something). I find that with the internet, we are able to find such great deals at beautiful places and it's just not necessary to pay that sort of money for a room.:flower3:

I have not read this thread at all, just wanted to chime in that the Swalphin is the way to go, especially because of the price. I mean, it is a GREAT hotel, great location, and I swear, I didn't feel like I was missing any Disney magic. We have stayed there twice and have no doubts we will stay there again.

I would love to stay at the Poly once in my life, and probably will one day..but I couldn't pay $400. Everyone has their "limits" and mine is $250. I can't enjoy myself if I am paying more than that. that seems like such an extravagance to me ($250)

I think the Poly is worth it.....depending on what you expect to get out of it.

For us, this is a once in a lifetime trip. I have been to WDW several times and usually stay at a moderate POR. This trip includes my folks and FIL who have never been to WDW and will in all likelyhood never go again. I wanted to pick a resort with a great Disneny theme, on the monorail, and someplace to create great memories. My MIL passed away in June and she always wanted to treat the Grandkids to a WDW trip....this is in honor of her....and she was the type of person who pulled no punches in anything she did. I am more of a budget person....this is definately NOT a budget trip.
So, for us the Poly is worth it.....for this trip anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter