• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Realistically how much use Rainforest Pass - 7 night

ptcbass

DIS Veteran
We really want to experience the rainforest pass for our upcoming 7 night Fantasy cruise but aren't sure how much we will even have time to go. We also will have our DS with us. The last cruise (3 night) he didn't care much about hanging out in Vibe and just stuck with us. Also since it doesn't open till lunch and isn't open real late I am scared we won't get to go much. Any thoughts?

On our Wonder cruise last spring I bought a one day pass and never used it. We were just too busy doing other things.

We plan on getting off the ship all 3 port days and go to all the evening shows.

I purchased a one day Rainforest pass for my husband and I this past February on the Fantasy. Although we enjoyed the couple of hours we spent there a one day pass was sufficient for us. There was so much other things we wanted to do. BTW We used our pass when we were in port and it was less busy as a lot of people were off the ship. I can see that it could get pretty busy on a sea day.

We really want to experience the rainforest pass for our upcoming 7 night Fantasy cruise but aren't sure how much we will even have time to go. We also will have our DS with us. The last cruise (3 night) he didn't care much about hanging out in Vibe and just stuck with us. Also since it doesn't open till lunch and isn't open real late I am scared we won't get to go much. Any thoughts?

Where did you see it didn't open until lunch? I used it in the late morning after working out but before lunch.

Where did you see it didn't open until lunch? I used it in the late morning after working out but before lunch.

I was thinking I seen on a Navigator said it didn't open till 11 or 12. We thought we might could go early in the morning to get our day started but we can't since it isn't open so now I'm unsure when we would have much time or how often people actually used it that got passes.

I bought a weeklong pass for our seven day cruise on the Fantasy in October. I was traveling as the only adult with my two tween boys. I used it about 5 times and thought it was worth every penny. Sitting in the hottubs, saunas, showering, then lounging in the tile chairs was one of the best experiences of the trip.

As a matter of fact, I enjoyed it so much, I have been looking for a similar experience at home (without success!)

I buy 2 days for a seven day cruise on the fantasy. This is plenty for me considering we only have 3 sea days. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the help. I know we would LOVE it and thought about buying 3 day passes sense there are 3 sea days but then thought if there was a chance we would use it more to just get it for the entire trip but that will be about $100 more. Then if we were only to get there a couple of times I would be mad I spent so much. Decisions decisions :goodvibes

We each purchased 4 passes for our 7 day cruise. We used three, two would have been plenty. The showers were unique, but nothing we cared to spend much time in, the hot tubs only hold four total, but the loungers were fantastic!

I bought a weeklong pass last trip. I looooooovvvvveee the rainforest room. This next trip I will probably buy a 3 day as we have full days planned in the ports.

There are steam rooms besides the hot tubs, loungers and showers.

On a 4-day cruise I always get one pass. We are going on the Fantasy this year and the plan is to get 2 passes each. We feel that is enough for us. There is so much to do in the cruise that you might actually forget you have passes.

We will use our pass about 10 times in the course of a week. We just love it!
Hours are 8am til 10pm.
Some nights we will ride the Aquaduck around 915 the finish off with the spa until closing

We were on the Magic's 11/30/14 sailing, a 7-night western caribbean itinerary, and used the rainforest room 4 times during that cruise.

We will use our pass about 10 times in the course of a week. We just love it!
Hours are 8am til 10pm.
Some nights we will ride the Aquaduck around 915 the finish off with the spa until closing

I didn't think it was open that early. If so that would be great!
I think we will go with either 2 or 3 day passes just to play it safe - maybe :laughing:

We loved it on the Fantasy. Why not get a 1 day pass and try it out.

When and where do you get the passes? I do not see it online? Do you purchase before the cruise or do you have to wait to get on the cruise?

I'd wait until your board to buy your rainforest pass. On the day you board there will be an "open house" at the Spa (check the navigator) during which they will show you the treatment rooms, etc. They will most likely also offer a discount on some spa services, which may include the rainforest room. If it doesn't you can still buy at the normal price then.

I would wait but several people have said once they were on the ship they could only buy a full cruise pass and not the day passes. I thought if we only would go a couple of times we would save some money and get them ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter