Realistic driving times??

aj2hall

Mouseketeer
Hello! We're hoping to stay within 15-20 minute drive from the Ticket & Transportation Center Feb 25 - March 2. There are just 3 of us, so we're looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo with a nice resort pool. Or possibly, a townhome with it's own pool. Our budget is a max of $1500 for the 5 nights. We've stayed at Windsor Hills and Reunion, but preferred the shorter drive from Windsor Hills. Looking at Google maps, Paradise palms is 22 minutes, story lake 16 minutes, compass bay 16 minutes and champion's gate 16 minutes. Just wondering if these times are accurate? Are there other resorts we should consider? My first choice was Bonnet Creek, but it's not available. Thank you for any help!

Hello! We're hoping to stay within 15-20 minute drive from the Ticket & Transportation Center Feb 25 - March 2. There are just 3 of us, so we're looking for a 2-3 bedroom condo with a nice resort pool. Or possibly, a townhome with it's own pool. Our budget is a max of $1500 for the 5 nights. We've stayed at Windsor Hills and Reunion, but preferred the shorter drive from Windsor Hills. Looking at Google maps, Paradise palms is 22 minutes, story lake 16 minutes, compass bay 16 minutes and champion's gate 16 minutes. Just wondering if these times are accurate? Are there other resorts we should consider? My first choice was Bonnet Creek, but it's not available. Thank you for any help!
Marriott Vacation Club at World Center. Three sections. Sabal & Royal are two bedroom, Imperial are 3 bedroom. I've stayed in Imperial 2x, once with 6 adults and Sabal 3x. Literally across I-4 from Disney Springs, turn right out the complex and in a couple minutes you are driving straight into Disney. After many times at WBC, I now love these units. I like parking right in front and walking a few feet to be inside.

Sheraton Vistana Resort is just over I-4 from Disney Springs off 535 lots of options in there for plans.

Consider booking one night at any hotel and then consider this 2-bedroom at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for a total of $619 plus sales tax for the remaining 4 nights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195547717685?hash=item2d878d6035:g:ma8AAOSwOsBfSpEw&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoM6aXuNlLbTjUUsk7Z45y2doMNlswwO8d09dYQ462UkfVzzCe3J7xcYr4kGajqQrg8EIkw0sNsozmN9PTqkKS28oxfRNpxfa0zDEONw6qec4rQibD+tC8SM1965KX0d+VlC8DBBJ4XHpOEvmhZkGC1QSJxqnNA+/Aeiwnq6gvTYV+gFQKZJaQoiOt9og96SUAgEZlqrM0rtbWw0y/ehvb48=|tkp:Bk9SR96Boqu3YQ

There are other dates available on eBay, if your dates are flexible.

We've stayed at WBC several times. It's essentially within WDW property, only about 5-10 minutes from Epcot.

Google Maps times are accurate at the exact time that you run the route based on current conditions. If you want to know what the travel time is at various times of day you should run the route at exactly that time of day. If you get an outlier because of an accident (sorry, a crash in Florida) then you would probably want to reject that one and run again another day.

Thank you! I appreciate all of the responses!

eta - Ken at Vacation Upgrades came through for us and found a 1 bedroom available at Bonnet Creek for our entire stay. Thanks again for the help!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter