Realistic amount of Time to get off ship and take tram to Mallory Square in Key West?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We will be on the Wonder in October. I have confirmed that we will be docking at the Naval Base. How long should I figure it to take for us to get off the ship and take the tram over to Mallory Square? Our arrival time is listed as 11:30. I want to book our parasailing, but am unsure on time. We have never sailed DCL-are there tricks to being one of the first few off the boat? Is there a wait for the tram to run back and forth? I want to leave some time for sightseeing after parasailing so I need to make a time frame for the day..Please help!!

Trams are there and waiting. There are more than one and it only takes about 10-15 min to get to Mallory Square. Those with DCL excursions board a separate tram that takes them where they need to be.

ENJOY:thumbsup2

Is actually getting off the ship at 11:30 going to happen if we do not have a DCL excursion? Will figuring an hour give me enough time to disembark, ride the tram and walk about 10 minutes to the parasail location??

I'd say an hour is sufficient, but wouldn't plan for any less than that.

Make sure it is refundable. We were booked to go to Key West in 2011 and the itinerary changed due to a Hurricane. At most ports we've found that getting off the ship is very quick but watch the navigator in case they change the all aboard time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter