Real VMK pins??

think what might be in their 1.ticmp the 2.3.4.5.other pirate costume each a card 6.pirate detection magic

well theres 10 in the complete set, so probably 5 mini sets of 2. with 2 cards in each set

they will most likely going to start selling these pins novemberish-decemberish if they do, which they probably will

DaraAllen said:
I'm a big pin collector (I dropped over $330 in pins in one visit to one pin store in DLR and it's all Prince Jeffrey's fault - jk). It is my understanding that open edition means that they will be available in an almost unlimited supply. I hope there are some there when I go in December! If not, Mal, I may be sending you some moola! he he!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Yes it is all his fault that I am adicted too! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I am going to guess that the pins will be regular priced, they can't be too expensive this IS a game marketed to kids.

I am glad that VMK finally realized that there is a lot of VMK marketing potential and will be having VMK merchandise WITH cards!!!

It is going to be crazy when they are released!

if it has the code for treasure finding magic then they choose wrong time to relece them for me since i just finished my holiday in disney and i started collecting pins

AP = Artist Proof pin
LE = Limited Edition pin

Here's my take on the vmk pins:

I think it is great to come up with this idea! I'll be interested to see what the people going to the Sept event have to say about these.

As mentioned above, these are AP pins. As noted on the official website, the gold fill will be different than the actual produced pins.

Here's where I'm not sure I have a total grasp on AP pins. At some point in my pin trading obession, I was told that there is generally pretty many of these pins when they are made to show the artist's concepts. So even though Disney is only auctioning 2 of these, there is probably many more made. Often these pins show up at pin events on the trading boards. I know my son has a bunch of AP pins from his pin trading days on the kid's board at the Contemporary. I think what someone had told us on his AP pins was that general 10% of the total LE number is made as an AP. I'm not sure if this is accurate, so if someone knows and can correct me, that's fine. So since the new releases are not LE's I'm not sure how many AP's would have been made for them. It's also interesting to note that the AP is usually stamped with AP on the back. Often the AP pin does not make it past the chopping block, and the sold pin ends up significantly different.

u can almost say their probably gonna release them, well i think they would be a limited edition/dangle price (13.95) i would doubt it to be a 6.95 or 8.95 cheap rack pin if its a set of 2 with two vmk codes, for the set id say around 25 bucks

its so additcing

lovethattink, your pretty much on the ball with what u said, when those 2 AP's were released disney is BOUND to have more of them. then once they go over good they will be made massively in china.

would it be a LE, or just a rack pin do u think?? i think if it was in sets of 2 and 5 sets total, they would be like LE to 10,000??

and remember on that ask yavn thread, he said treasures magic would be out first, but not in park..

i was thinking for the 5 sets of 2, one set pirates, then one fantasyland,frontierland,tomorrowland,and adventureland

if that was the case, adventureland could have an aladdin pin and have flying carpet magic, id rather have carpet magic.

I am very excited for these to be released. I missed out on the VMK Logo pin last year and refuse to pay hundreds to get it now off of eBay. After talking to a pretty knowledgeable cm at VMK Central a few weeks ago, I learned that another special VMK pin or pins would be released in December. I am wondering if it will be these or others.

There are a couple of AP in that link I would KILL to have.... to bad I cant get to the World Sept 9th :rotfl2:

I am hoping for a late Sept. early Oct release for these pins but somehow I doubt it will be that early....

i think they would be released early november-early december and be out on the racks till like january

on Ebay I saw a pin that has the VMK Logo but it was going for a lot of money. :sad2:

I'm very excited about these pins. I'm going to the pin event myself but I've already given too much money to the pin gods for the event to afford to bid on them. It will be nice to see them in person though and maybe find out what the codes/prizes will be. :cool1:

VMK is VERY smart to get the kid pin traders interested in VMK and the VMK kids interested in pin trading. There is a 2 pin mystery set now that comes in a cardboard box. It is not expensive but I can't remember how much and you don't know what you are getting until you open it. This is the same thing I am thinking they will use for the VMK pins.

maybe the pins 1.pirate detector 2.ticmp 3.flying carpet magic 4. a pirate costume 5. davy jones costume 6. sparrow suit 7.vip badge 8.new pirate room
9.pp room 10 hm room that would be so cool

Nanoer said:
I saw this on another site

25pikr5oh8.jpg

Personally, I am dissapointed in the design of these 2 pins. Now I love Mickey and Pluto, but I would have thought the pin designers would at least try to incorporate something actually found in VMK! A NPC would have been awesome! Or use a design of a virtual pin no longer available. This design just does not do it for me :confused3 (although I will probably get them, :rolleyes: )

I would guess that the 2 cards will have the codes for vitual copies of the same 2 real pins in the mini-set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter