Real Life game/fun: Calling for a DisBoard Gamers DisMeet....first week Oct 2013

So here's what I see as overlap, I've put mine in pink

Sun 29th: We will arrive late. I think I'll be lucky to be in the resort by 11 PM!!! / arrive, cook dinner in room, crash, no one wants to see us after the plane ride and Fran will pass out.
Mon 30th: Magic Kingdom. No food plans as yet. / possibly breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, maybe MK, we could possibly meet up with you and Denise and ride some rides or something, Dinner at Cali Grill
Tue 1st: Either Animal Kingdom or Blizzard Beach. MNSSHP at night. / still wide open, we probably wouldn't do either of these, more likely DHS or DTD
Wed 2nd: Epcot during the day. DHS/HBD/Fantasmic! at night. / check out VWL, hit Epcot kiosks for lunch, maybe we might visit a few together and stroll around, check in BCV, HBD/Fantasmic. We'll definitely do this together! :teeth:
Thu 3rd: MK during the day or Bizzard Beach. Wishes Cruise at night. / Kiosks at Epcot, probably grazing most of the day, Wishes Cruise (again together), late nite snack in room
Fri 4th. Epcot during the day. Raglan Road for dinner; DTD at night. / Kiosks in Epcot until it starts to get mobbed, Raglan Road, sounds like we'll be at the same places this day.
Sat 5th. DHS early morning. Cook out. / maybe EMH at DHS, hopefully Grand Mariner tasting 2:30-4PM, cookout
Sun 6th. Still open at this stage. / 10/6 Sun - Totally wide open
Mon 7th. Check out and head to Universal. / 10/7 Mon - Leave at 9AM on DME (unless American switches our flights around yet again).

It sounds like we have three evenings planned together and four possible days that our parks are slightly in sync. Obviously we don't have to hang out together the whole time, but perhaps strolling around Epcot we could enjoy some of the Kiosks together. Your family might move more quickly at DHS than us, but I think MK is doable for a little bit of time with Denise.

Oh yeah, and if you want to buy any souvenirs, Fran is handy to have around (or me) because we get a 20% discount on all merchandise.

Sounds good to me.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

Wednesday...Brown Derby Fantasmic sounds great.
Thursday...I'd like to join PIO's family at the water park, then Wishes cruise.
Friday... dinner raglan road sounds good. I've never eaten there would love to try it.
Saturday..cookout.. I will only have a studio, I was thinking I may rent a car for a day, & I can get things that need to be bought, like fresh cut up watermelon, I could get those fresh mushrooms, whatever is needed. I also would use the car for church Sunday morning then return it.

Cant't wait!!!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Hi everyone!

Friday... dinner raglan road sounds good. I've never eaten there would love to try it.
Saturday..cookout.. I will only have a studio, I was thinking I may rent a car for a day, & I can get things that need to be bought, like fresh cut up watermelon, I could get those fresh mushrooms, whatever is needed. I also would use the car for church Sunday morning then return it.

Cant't wait!!!

Bobbi - I'm not sure which day we're going to BB. It could be Tuesday; before you arrive. It just all depends on MNSSHP and park hours. But I'll keep it in mind for this day. :thumbsup2

Bobbi - I'm not sure which day we're going to BB. It could be Tuesday; before you arrive. It just all depends on MNSSHP and park hours. But I'll keep it in mind for this day. :thumbsup2

Yes, I understand that, and the Wishes cruise may not happen either.

Yes, I understand that, and the Wishes cruise may not happen either.

I'd like to make that Wishes Cruise happen; if we're all okay with it. I think Alison and Fran are; and if you're in, then we're close enough in numbers to get one going.

I'd like to make that Wishes Cruise happen; if we're all okay with it. I think Alison and Fran are; and if you're in, then we're close enough in numbers to get one going.

OK..either way for the swim park, but Wishes cruise at night on Thursday!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

Cant't wait!!!

Thanks Bobbi! That helps us out a lot in planning!

So for the cookout this is what we are looking at as far as menu:

Chips and Queso
Sliced Watermelon
Summer Salad
Grilled Tri Tip
Grilled Portabello Mushrooms with Feta & Pesto
Fried Rice or Noodles

That's really pretty good, especially since we're only six people! If we invite some more folks or Ed shows up we may need a little more. I wouldn't mind another side or two and we could use some sort of dessert.

PIO, I'm not sure which would be easier the rice or noodles. They will only have a skillet, not a wok. And Aulani is the only DVC with a rice cooker (learned that from a trivia question on another person's TR!)

Yay! :banana: This is going to be fun!

I think rice might be easier. We can find rice in most supermarkets. We can cook it in the microwave. I can fry it with carrots, string beans, egg and chinese cabbage; most of which should be available at a supermarket. We just need some soya sauce; which again we should be able to pick up at a supermarket. Besides, it probably goes with the menu better than noodles.

I was thinking the same thing. If you want I can bring some rice. I just settled in on the dishes I'm cooking for the nights on my own. They both are rice based and I plan on sending a box in advance like I did last time. Also did you see my post about the soy sauce packets? Or did you want to just buy a bottle. Sometimes I get over cheap on silly things when we spend a couple hundred on dinner and then I'm cooking dinner trying to keep the cost under five bucks. :rotfl:

"Grilled tri tip?" :confused3

Is this a California thing? It's a cut of beef. Here's where it's from

images2_zpsc2077bcf.jpg

It looks like this raw

tri20tip1_zpsb861ae54.jpg

And cooked

Tri-Tip21_zps7a2551ef.jpg

Wow! OK, around here or in NJ, I haven't seen that notation on a cut of beef! Honestly, I thought it was a type of fish at first. :rotfl2:

OK. I have a rental car from 1PM Saturday the fifth until Sunday. I know you were thinking of the Grand Marnier tasting, and I hope it's available for you, we did it one year. DH enjoyed it a lot, especially since I gave him my shots!:goodvibes If I have a list, I would be glad to do the shopping. IF there's someone who wants to come with me, that's great!

Will you be buying the cut with your shopping order so you can marinate it, or will buying it that day be OK?

I'll be going to that Publix before October and I will ask at the butcher if they have tri cut, or what is comparable.

You didn't follow my TR, Bobbi, but one of the curiousities was that I put a frozen Prime rib in my suitcase and cooked it in ny villa. I've been watching the sales here and I'm waiting for it to go on sale for $1.99 a pound. So far $3.99 is the lowest I've seen, but maybe over Memorial Day or 4th of July we'll see the price drop.

I figiure that it will stay frozen during the trip and ill start thawing it once I check in at BCV. They do sell it in FL because Jenny got some on her trip and ended up leaving it in her THV becayse they spent too much time at the pool drinking bloody marys. :rotfl:

You didn't follow my TR, Bobbi, but one of the curiousities was that I put a frozen Prime rib in my suitcase and cooked it in ny villa. I've been watching the sales here and I'm waiting for it to go on sale for $1.99 a pound. So far $3.99 is the lowest I've seen, but maybe over Memorial Day or 4th of July we'll see the price drop.

I figiure that it will stay frozen during the trip and ill start thawing it once I check in at BCV. They do sell it in FL because Jenny got some on her trip and ended up leaving it in her THV becayse they spent too much time at the pool drinking bloody marys. :rotfl:

Great!:yay:
Nancy is my sister, and once she brought frozen cooked ribs in her suitcase, it wasn't pretty! I think the container cracked, what a mess!!!

Great!:yay:
Nancy is my sister, and once she brought frozen cooked ribs in her suitcase, it wasn't pretty! I think the container cracked, what a mess!!!

I have mine in a baggie and then put the baggie in a soft sided cooler. Nothing really to break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter