• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Real Housewives of ATL

I have to agree that Andy should not have allowed Kenya to bring that bull horn or scepter. The fan last year was funny but no one was threatened by a paper or even cloth fan. That scepter is threatening (no different than a stick) and so is the bull horn. Both appear to be war or battle like 'weapons'. I'm sorry but Andy should not have allowed that to happen.

Also, I noticed as all the ladies (except Cynthia - or Kandi - I think) gathered around Porsha all of them knew Kenya was going to bait her. All of them had previous conversations with Porsha. I never have understood why Nene appears checked out on the reunion but I guess you have to be in order to remain composed (or kind of composed anyway).

And - did y'all notice that Kenya said to her, "do it- get fired" before Porsha grabbed her. AND as soon as Kenya got up her words were, "You are done" and "She goes or I go". It seems to me that Kenya was hoping for this.

I think Porsche should be fired, not because of the fight but she cant handle this show. She drags Kenya across the floor and then has a mental breakdown right after. Plus she even acknowledged this when speaking with Andy at the end. She really needs to spend some time alone and find herself. These reunion shows is for everyone to talk nasty about it each other and if you cant handle that then this isnt the show for you. Regarding Kenya she's not going anywhere, as Nene has said she brings the ratings. Honestly I think Phaedra should go, she brings nothing to the show imo. It's getting a little old with her comments on Kenya not having a husband while her own cheating criminal husband is nothing to flaunt. Honestly the only time we see her is if it has something to do with Kenya and Apollo that was last season, lets see something new. I am ready for next week to see what happened between Cynthia and Nene as well as Kandi vs. Mama Joyce. In the clip she Mama Joyce seemed as if she was drunk.

I have to agree that Andy should not have allowed Kenya to bring that bull horn or scepter. The fan last year was funny but no one was threatened by a paper or even cloth fan. That scepter is threatening (no different than a stick) and so is the bull horn. Both appear to be war or battle like 'weapons'. I'm sorry but Andy should not have allowed that to happen.

Also, I noticed as all the ladies (except Cynthia - or Kandi - I think) gathered around Porsha all of them knew Kenya was going to bait her. All of them had previous conversations with Porsha. I never have understood why Nene appears checked out on the reunion but I guess you have to be in order to remain composed (or kind of composed anyway).

And - did y'all notice that Kenya said to her, "do it- get fired" before Porsha grabbed her. AND as soon as Kenya got up her words were, "You are done" and "She goes or I go". It seems to me that Kenya was hoping for this.

Regarding the above, from what I heard they just went over fighting right before taping.

Kenya is psycho, no doubt, but I think Porsha should be let go. You cannot lay your hands on someone just because you feel they pushed you to that point (and Kenya did). Sorry, we have to learn to control our tempers.

I have to agree that Andy should not have allowed Kenya to bring that bull horn or scepter. The fan last year was funny but no one was threatened by a paper or even cloth fan. That scepter is threatening (no different than a stick) and so is the bull horn. Both appear to be war or battle like 'weapons'. I'm sorry but Andy should not have allowed that to happen. Also, I noticed as all the ladies (except Cynthia - or Kandi - I think) gathered around Porsha all of them knew Kenya was going to bait her. All of them had previous conversations with Porsha. I never have understood why Nene appears checked out on the reunion but I guess you have to be in order to remain composed (or kind of composed anyway). And - did y'all notice that Kenya said to her, "do it- get fired" before Porsha grabbed her. AND as soon as Kenya got up her words were, "You are done" and "She goes or I go". It seems to me that Kenya was hoping for this.

From what I've heard, "props" will no longer be allowed at the reunion shows.

Kenya is definitely bat-poop crazy!! I think she knew exactly what she was doing provoking Porsha. She knows what buttons to push with all the ladies.

I do wish that when they cast these "housewives" they would actually cast wives. Gretchen, Sonja, Porsha, Bethany, Kelly......not wives! I think so far the only franchise that all the ladies are married is NJ.

Porsche should be fired right after everyone from New Jersey Housewives who has ever thrown a punch or pulled hair is fired.

Kenya got just what she deserved.

From what I've heard, "props" will no longer be allowed at the reunion shows. Kenya is definitely bat-poop crazy!! I think she knew exactly what she was doing provoking Porsha. She knows what buttons to push with all the ladies. I do wish that when they cast these "housewives" they would actually cast wives. Gretchen, Sonja, Porsha, Bethany, Kelly......not wives! I think so far the only franchise that all the ladies are married is NJ.

It just makes me laugh that Porscha even let's that goofball get to her. I mean honestly... She makes a. Fool out of herself every show. The loud speaker would have tried my patience but not enough to whoop her *** about it.

Just now getting to fully watch this.

I had to laugh when Porscha snatched the scepter from Kenya... Her face and body language was pretty much the same as mine when I grab the remote from DH. Lmao

Wowwww I finally caught up and I was very surprised that this whole fight happened in the first episode of this three-part reunion. Porsha isn't necessarily 'young' but she sure acts like a child. Kenya deserved to get her behind dragged, but in the end it's really Porsha that loses since she won't be getting that Bravo paycheck anymore. Oop.

I was never a fan of Andy Cohen so I thought it was hilarious how Nene was talking to him, even though if you think about it, Andy is her boss when it comes to the RHOA franchise. Nene was completely checked out, but yeah as someone said above me, you have to have that attitude going into it because you know that Andy is going to ask some rude and personal questions just to get a rise out everyone.

I'm curious what is going to happen in the next episodes. Kandi isn't crying yet, that's a first. And poor Cynthia, her wardrobe malfunction was the most interesting thing that's happened to her all season.

I thought last night was kind of boring but I did want to add my 2 cents.

My thoughts on Cynthia and Nene Friendship
Cynthia… I have always been supportive of your role on the show as the calm, neutral soul. But to accept a friend’s apology in private (and on the show as well), to move on and spend time with said friend, Vacation on her dime, THEN turn around, and rebuke that apology months later when the show airs and online strangers pressure you… That is the very definition of ‘wishy-washy’ &’flip flopping’. It’s very shifty to move past something w/ someone and then decide to back step to being freshly upset with them because Twitter & Facebook strangers said you should be. You have been a good friend to Nene. I don’t agree with her addressing Peter that way but its funny how when the boo boo got real, that’s the time Peter chose to get quiet and fall back. Admittedly, it was time for you to stand up for yourself but You also need to STAND FIRM while standing up and stop letting everyone and everything sway decisions about your real-life personal relationships.

Sidenote: I am so glad that Cynthia represents a different type of black woman. On pretty much every show, we are portrayed as sharp tongue sapphires. Cynthia gave us something different. Although I don't agree with her NOW being mad at Nene and then telling her on the reunion show, Cynthia displayed emotion. It is so tiring to watch angry, violent, mad black women. Cynthia is not weak. Weakness is being emotionally undeveloped.
Mama Joyce - looked like she had a few too many drinks. It went from funny to pitiful in about 3 minutes.

I thought last night was kind of boring but I did want to add my 2 cents.

My thoughts on Cynthia and Nene Friendship
Cynthia… I have always been supportive of your role on the show as the calm, neutral soul. But to accept a friend’s apology in private (and on the show as well), to move on and spend time with said friend, Vacation on her dime, THEN turn around, and rebuke that apology months later when the show airs and online strangers pressure you… That is the very definition of ‘wishy-washy’ &’flip flopping’. It’s very shifty to move past something w/ someone and then decide to back step to being freshly upset with them because Twitter & Facebook strangers said you should be. You have been a good friend to Nene. I don’t agree with her addressing Peter that way but its funny how when the boo boo got real, that’s the time Peter chose to get quiet and fall back. Admittedly, it was time for you to stand up for yourself but You also need to STAND FIRM while standing up and stop letting everyone and everything sway decisions about your real-life personal relationships.

Sidenote: I am so glad that Cynthia represents a different type of black woman. On pretty much every show, we are portrayed as sharp tongue sapphires. Cynthia gave us something different. Although I don't agree with her NOW being mad at Nene and then telling her on the reunion show, Cynthia displayed emotion. It is so tiring to watch angry, violent, mad black women. Cynthia is not weak. Weakness is being emotionally undeveloped.
Mama Joyce - looked like she had a few too many drinks. It went from funny to pitiful in about 3 minutes.

I agree with that. If they moved on, went on vacation, and have been fine for months there is no reason for her to go back to being angry.

I will say though, it seems like watching the season and seeing Nene's 1 on 1 interviews really opened her eyes to some things she didn't realize about the situation. It's one thing to be in it, and it's probably another to see it from an outsider point of view. And Nene was pretty nasty in those interviews about Peter and the situation. I think that watching really just made her reevaluate the friendship and really open her eyes up to some of the things that might have been bothering her previously.

It just felt really sad to me that Cynthia was pretty much pouring her heart out and Nene just sat there like she couldn't care less. And saying 'I'm not discussing my friendship with Cynthia here. It has nothing to do with the show' is annoying. It IS what the show is about. Apollo and Phaedra discuss their marriage. Kandi and her mom's issues are shown. The relationships these people have with each other and their friends/family ARE the show. Her ego just seems way out of control for me.

I've always been a fan of Nene's but I do agree that her ego is out of control. I still like her though!

aaarcher86 said:
I agree with that. If they moved on, went on vacation, and have been fine for months there is no reason for her to go back to being angry.

I will say though, it seems like watching the season and seeing Nene's 1 on 1 interviews really opened her eyes to some things she didn't realize about the situation. It's one thing to be in it, and it's probably another to see it from an outsider point of view. And Nene was pretty nasty in those interviews about Peter and the situation. I think that watching really just made her reevaluate the friendship and really open her eyes up to some of the things that might have been bothering her previously.

It just felt really sad to me that Cynthia was pretty much pouring her heart out and Nene just sat there like she couldn't care less. And saying 'I'm not discussing my friendship with Cynthia here. It has nothing to do with the show' is annoying. It IS what the show is about. Apollo and Phaedra discuss their marriage. Kandi and her mom's issues are shown. The relationships these people have with each other and their friends/family ARE the show. Her ego just seems way out of control for me.
I would agree with you if Nene had not reached out to Cynthia for the 3 weeks prior to the show once those episodes aired. Cynthia decided that at the reunion she'd share why she was hurt again. Then once Nene proposed speaking with her privately and she continued on - I think I'd feel some kind of way too. It was as if she felt embarrassed so she wanted to do the same to Nene. I get Cynthia feeling something but to go to saying she didn't respect her is Peter talking imo.

Porsha is going to be on "The View" today.

The whole back and forth between Cynthia and Nene was pretty shocking to me because in the past, it did always seem like they would have a disagreement and then it would be fine. This however doesn't look so easily repairable.

Too bad.

And as usual, everything that Kenya had to say just sounded like a high-pitched goat bleating. She wouldn't dare say that she provoked people and instead diverted the whole situation to physical violence. Yes, dragging someone by the hair is bad, but by god if she didn't deserve it the way she was PROVOKING everyone on that couch.

Can we talk about how Apollo next week looks like he just came from shopping at the mall with that t-shirt on? Come on, man.

The whole back and forth between Cynthia and Nene was pretty shocking to me because in the past, it did always seem like they would have a disagreement and then it would be fine. This however doesn't look so easily repairable.

Too bad.

And as usual, everything that Kenya had to say just sounded like a high-pitched goat bleating. She wouldn't dare say that she provoked people and instead diverted the whole situation to physical violence. Yes, dragging someone by the hair is bad, but by god if she didn't deserve it the way she was PROVOKING everyone on that couch.

Can we talk about how Apollo next week looks like he just came from shopping at the mall with that t-shirt on? Come on, man.
Yeah - Phaedra really married a hood guy. He is not a suit wearing guy. He knows how to dress the part when needed. He was pretty to her and she couldn't resist. No way should she have married him. Not even close to her level. I guess love is truly blind. He doesn't even talk on her level. I hate to hear her correct him. Even if she's right (and she usually is) it’s hard to watch him 'fight' to be a man in his own house. Sometimes I feel she unintentionally emasculate him. He may love her but these two – I just don’t see lasting.

Whoooooo that Phaedra monologue about Kenya and flipping through catalogs for a donor was woooooooooooooooooooo.

**applause**

So I heard rumors about how Sheree is coming back, and Porsha is officially fired, and I really hope Nene leaves because if she's too good for this show then she can keep going on to do other things. If she wants to be known for all these great things then why won't she leave behind RHOA otherwise she'll always be known for this.

Ugh.

I doubt that Sharee will come back. She may play 'friends' with some of the other girls but Sharee wasn't really interesting AT ALL. If you believe Nene (and I do because she said this to Andy in an interview) the network didn't want Sharee initially. Nene had to 'fight' to keep Sharee in the original cast. Nene, Kim and Sharee were picked – the other girls that shot the pilot were cut and replaced with Lisa Wu and DeShawn Snow. Nene said she had to go hard for Sharee and Kim (because they initially Bravo wanted an all black cast – and Sharee was boring).

And Yes, Phaedra gave the BEST READ EVER!!!!!!!!:worship: I was listening to the radio today, they had callers calling in to recite Phaedra lines. It was hilarious. I can’t believe she sat there saying nothing. Kenya took THAT time to take the high road. But the ‘best’ read from Andy came after Kenya says something about not wanting to be in the mud with pigs and Andy asks, “so does that mean you are leaving the show”. Crickets – no answer from Kenya. Then Apollo said, “you really need to clean your feet, you toes are dirty”.

Sidebar: Her feet must really be jacked up. Porsha, her father and now Apollo have all talked about this woman’s feet.

AND Apollo pled guilty yesterday to fraud. He will get time in prision.

I LOVE Phaedra!!! I wish she had her own show!!

With her husband being sentenced this July (during the time HWOA normally taping) - I doubt she returns. I'd be shocked if she did. Besides, Phaedra has PLENTY of ways of making money - she really doesn't NEED Apollo's money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter